Author Topic: 2 Short Videos: Dre Asked About Detox and Working 50 & Game  (Read 817 times)

Liqq2ThaFonk

Re: 2 Short Videos: Dre Asked About Detox and Working 50 & Game
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 01:49:31 PM »
I think it is sad that a man who's seasoned as Dre, I assume with no label holdups can't put out an album within a reasonable time.  This guy has nothing to do but sit in the studio all day with the best engineers, composers, and have an unlimited slew of rappers that is willing to get on the mic or share ideas with him around the world.

With that said, can't release an album full of 12-14 hits?! 

He's obviously scared. I mean this is his last album and taking so much time, it'll either put a huuuge dent in his legacy if it fails.

to me this whole Detox thing is/was a waste.

i mean we could've had AT LEAST 3-5 albums from Dre in between these last 10 years..instead of waiting on 1 album

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 01:51:29 PM »
i haven't seen those videos before, but somehow i have a feeling that they were recorded a while ago

Pretty sure that was yesterday...he had a scheduled appearance :

"Best Buy is kicking off the Club Beats experience by hosting several celebrations across the country with today's top music talent, including this Thursday November 19th @ the Best Buy store location in New York City's Union Square. Club Beats starts at 4pm with appearances by Dr. Dre, Jimmy Iovine (Charmain Interscope Geffen A&M Records), will.i.am, Major Lazer featuring Diplo & David Guetta special guest DJ performances."

source : http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2009/11/dr_dre_diplo_wi.html
i see.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 02:14:10 PM »
I think it is sad that a man who's seasoned as Dre, I assume with no label holdups can't put out an album within a reasonable time.  This guy has nothing to do but sit in the studio all day with the best engineers, composers, and have an unlimited slew of rappers that is willing to get on the mic or share ideas with him around the world.

With that said, can't release an album full of 12-14 hits?! 
There's always gonna be label politics especially with an album that has the selling potential of this one. Yes, he has the best people in the studio around him all the time but that in itself does not automatically create the greatest album ever made. If anything, it might make someone more complacent.