Author Topic: Deathrow Boxset snippets  (Read 2851 times)

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
Re: Deathrow Boxset snippets
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2009, 03:24:24 PM »
Damn that J.Flexx track sounds tight. Soopafly's "Ain't No Trippin" is just renamed, it's a track called "Who's World Is This".

it`s actually called "Who's World" and was on the "One Day" OST

i wonder if wideawake really don't know that this 2 soopafly tracks are already released, this is really annoying

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2009, 03:29:27 PM »
Damn that J.Flexx track sounds tight. Soopafly's "Ain't No Trippin" is just renamed, it's a track called "Who's World Is This".

it`s actually called "Who's World" and was on the "One Day" OST

i wonder if wideawake really don't know that this 2 soopafly tracks are already released, this is really annoying

To be honest, most of the time - they'll take like DATs and scatter them out through different compilations. They don't know the catalog very well, sadly.

I.E. - Would U Ride and Everybody Needs To Slow Down are on the same DAT and Fifty Sacc and Ain't No Trippin' are on the same DAT.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 03:31:50 PM by Tanner G. »

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2009, 05:56:41 PM »
Man, i'm really bummed about the Soopafly song.  I thought i was gonna be smacking bitches to a whole new song....major bummer.

westsiderider323

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »
Man, i'm really bummed about the Soopafly song.  I thought i was gonna be smacking bitches to a whole new song....major bummer.

hahahaha

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2009, 11:15:12 PM »
^^ no i know that homie about the samplign shit. but come on. its a bit obvious he has this trak and used the beat rather than him saying hes done with the old shit etc.

Yeah I hate when an artist steals a song from another artist and someone steps in with the sample and says "no he just sampled it from this artist". Daz stole it, admit it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

2euce 7even

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2009, 01:55:01 AM »
^^ no i know that homie about the samplign shit. but come on. its a bit obvious he has this trak and used the beat rather than him saying hes done with the old shit etc.

Yeah I hate when an artist steals a song from another artist and someone steps in with the sample and says "no he just sampled it from this artist". Daz stole it, admit it.

why is sampling=stealing?
every song on the chronic was sampled so yall say it was all "stolen"?
"stolen" would be right word to what dr.dre did to warren g, colin wolfe, j-flexx, sam sneed, daz, chris the glove taylor and many more..now thats stealing.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2009, 02:02:22 AM »

"stolen" would be right word to what dr.dre did to warren g, colin wolfe, j-flexx, sam sneed, daz, chris the glove taylor and many more..now thats stealing.

That's not stealing when they got paid.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2009, 04:27:02 AM »

homie sampling is fine but look at the song title and the beat, is it not obv daz used this but done a tiny tweaking?

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2009, 04:52:29 AM »
garbage ! WideAWAKE really do not know how to put a tracklisting together !

if this is the best in the vaults, we finally know y Suge didnt put this out

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2009, 09:20:10 AM »
some of the guys who thinks sampling is stealing dont understand the way of hip hop.. most of the hip hop producer cannot play like those white guys an instrument. so sampling was the only way to get some harmony in music. thats hip hop! if you dont like it then go and listen to techno.

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2009, 12:18:54 PM »
^ man LISTEN.

We understand how sampling works. But its clear that Daz just stole that unreleased Danny Boy song. Stop with the bullshit.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

EFFeX

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2009, 02:29:53 PM »

There is A LOT more than this waiting to drop.

MarshColin

« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2009, 03:02:06 PM »

What's garbage about it? Koch forced WideAwake to make a greatest hits disc and to sprinkle in those 6 or 7 released tracks on the unreleased discs. I think WA did a pretty damn good job picking tracks if you look strictly at the unreleased songs. They all sounded pretty dope to me, but to each his own I guess.

And what do you mean by "we know y Suge didn't put this out"? This wasn't some box set they had planned before Death Row was taken away from Suge. They threw this together a couple months ago.

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2009, 05:28:54 PM »
The TBA song by Petey Pablo is called Spit Game.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2009, 05:30:29 PM »

What's garbage about it? Koch forced WideAwake to make a greatest hits disc and to sprinkle in those 6 or 7 released tracks on the unreleased discs. I think WA did a pretty damn good job picking tracks if you look strictly at the unreleased songs. They all sounded pretty dope to me, but to each his own I guess.

And what do you mean by "we know y Suge didn't put this out"? This wasn't some box set they had planned before Death Row was taken away from Suge. They threw this together a couple months ago.

He's saying they are releasing scraps. The unreleased material for the most part is overhyped.