Author Topic: Deathrow Boxset snippets  (Read 2848 times)

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Deathrow Boxset snippets
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2009, 10:28:02 PM »
yeah thats what i mean...scraps. we were waiting for years to hear some amazing mind blowing unreleased deathrow tracks.

That Lost Sessions was terrible. there were beats we already heard over recycled verses we already heard. At least dead man walking had truely unheard tracks( except for the Me and my Dogs). And even though all werent hot, there were still some classics like Head Doctor etc. and there was a flow to the album. the samples from Colors held the random tracks together.

These tracks on the box set are average. seriously. nothing like the heat we expected. some tracks are just too dated. just random tracks dumped together as if they a bootleg. You cant tell me that u not dissapointed by the DPG tracks.

They should rather hit us with the Eastwood/Crooked/Petey...i guess they know that if they do they are gonna need to market. The truth is that WideAWAKE could care less about the legacy. They just trying to recoup the 18mill they spent on the vault as cheaply as possible. Hate on Suge, but he cared about the legacy. thats y he never release these tracks.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2009, 12:09:44 AM »
yeah thats what i mean...scraps. we were waiting for years to hear some amazing mind blowing unreleased deathrow tracks.

That Lost Sessions was terrible. there were beats we already heard over recycled verses we already heard. At least dead man walking had truely unheard tracks( except for the Me and my Dogs). And even though all werent hot, there were still some classics like Head Doctor etc. and there was a flow to the album. the samples from Colors held the random tracks together.

These tracks on the box set are average. seriously. nothing like the heat we expected. some tracks are just too dated. just random tracks dumped together as if they a bootleg. You cant tell me that u not dissapointed by the DPG tracks.

They should rather hit us with the Eastwood/Crooked/Petey...i guess they know that if they do they are gonna need to market. The truth is that WideAWAKE could care less about the legacy. They just trying to recoup the 18mill they spent on the vault as cheaply as possible. Hate on Suge, but he cared about the legacy. thats y he never release these tracks.

Yeah I really have no interest in this shit. Now what I was hoping for tonight at all. When they said they were doing boxsets I thought they meant sets of unreleased albums boxed together. This shit is just another greatest hits album followed by random tracks thrown together. Give me the fuckin Crooked I material and then I could care less what they do.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

EFFeX

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2009, 12:17:34 AM »

Yeah I really have no interest in this shit. Now what I was hoping for tonight at all. When they said they were doing boxsets I thought they meant sets of unreleased albums boxed together. This shit is just another greatest hits album followed by random tracks thrown together. Give me the fuckin Crooked I material and then I could care less what they do.

I want the completed "Untouchable" album and them to put together an as close to accurate as possible "Say Hi To The Bad Guy".

Considering they already put "Do It Again" on the box set, they already used a good song from SHTTBG.

2euce 7even

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2009, 03:27:59 AM »
is the swoop g track a dedication to pac and yak?

JohnnyL

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2009, 06:05:38 AM »
is the swoop g track a dedication to pac and yak?

Yeah.  Also, the first verse is dedicated to Eazy-E.  Tight track.