Author Topic: Darren Vegas Interview (Oct 2009) Talks about DEATHROW/WIDEawake and Johnny J??  (Read 1384 times)

OG Hack Wilson

everybody hatin on 2Pac-Nu-Mixx Klazzics bu for me it was his best posthuman release

RUSD  > still i rise > better dayz > uteot > nu mixx > pacs life > loyal to the gayme
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

machete

• 'G'
he is a real producer who reminds of johnny j in which everyone over looks their contributions, and talents

MarshColin

lol wideawake arent allowing this interview to be posted on deathrowmusic.com forum...they delete it everytime sum1 posts it....they are tryin to hide the truth and i bet djcoma is crying

Ummm what does anything here have to do with me?

And I'm too busy right now to listen to the interview, can somebody please explain what all this johnny j business is all about?

DTG Entertainment

lol wideawake arent allowing this interview to be posted on deathrowmusic.com forum...they delete it everytime sum1 posts it....they are tryin to hide the truth and i bet djcoma is crying

And I'm too busy right now to listen to the interview, can somebody please explain what all this johnny j business is all about?

Well, according to Rhyan D, you said on DeathRowForum that Death Row UK was unofficial and Mark Morrison wasn't on Death Row thus agreeing with the admin over there. You also agreed back in the day when TooGangsta or Westside2Real did an article about this. The Johnny J thing is in regards to Darren said he was working with Johnny J soon, but we all know Johnny J passed away.

PS: Tell Cal I said hello.

MarshColin

Well, according to Rhyan D, you said on DeathRowForum that Death Row UK was unofficial and Mark Morrison wasn't on Death Row thus agreeing with the admin over there. You also agreed back in the day when TooGangsta or Westside2Real did an article about this. The Johnny J thing is in regards to Darren said he was working with Johnny J soon, but we all know Johnny J passed away.

I said Mark Morrison was on Death Row UK which was a separate entity from the original Death Row, that is why WideAwake doesn't have any Mark Morrison masters in their vault. However closely affiliated the 2 labels are doesnt really matter because Death Row UK had the masters to their shit, and separately the original Death Row has their masters. All I was doing was explaining why WideAwake won't be releasing and don't have any Mark Morrison material. Not trying to argue over whether or not he was signed, but it's funny how people always have to stir the pot for no reason.

DTG Entertainment

I said Mark Morrison was on Death Row UK which was a separate entity from the original Death Row, that is why WideAwake doesn't have any Mark Morrison masters in their vault. However closely affiliated the 2 labels are doesnt really matter because Death Row UK had the masters to their shit, and separately the original Death Row has their masters. All I was doing was explaining why WideAwake won't be releasing and don't have any Mark Morrison material. Not trying to argue over whether or not he was signed, but it's funny how people always have to stir the pot for no reason.

It's a sub-division. There was no artists on Death Row UK, I have had six employees of Death Row Europe tell me this. Mark's deal was directly with Death Row US. He flew to Los Angeles and signed the deal and recorded a good bit of the Innocent Man sampler there. Also, that isn't the reason they have no Mark Morrison masters - the reason being he was allowed to walk with his like a select few and release them post Death Row.

DTG Entertainment

It's a sub-division. There was no artists on Death Row UK, I have had six employees of Death Row Europe tell me this. Mark's deal was directly with Death Row US. He flew to Los Angeles and signed the deal and recorded a good bit of the Innocent Man sampler there. Also, that isn't the reason they have no Mark Morrison masters - the reason being he was allowed to walk with his like a select few and release them post Death Row.

Ron Winters, his son, Ilka, Robert Herring, Phil, etc. and the rest of the "Death Row UK" staff will back me up on my claims. I even had them correct me in interviews RE: Death Row UK.

RhyanG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Kilo2, what did he mean about working with Johnny J?? Is it a diff Johnny J? Or doesnt DV know he died?

Quadruple OG

everybody hatin on 2Pac-Nu-Mixx Klazzics bu for me it was his best posthuman release

the thing that saved the album from being complete trash were the tracks that the other producer (think his name was Ambassador Kash) produced. Vegas stunk up that project ROYALLY. The version of "Hit em up" that appears on the album was a complete embarrassment for everyone involved.

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Its too bad cuz his non numixx work was really good, he got a bad wrap for that album.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

EFFeX

Still a great interview!

AndUKnowThisMayne

LOL @ the little Pip Squeaky voice LMAO. I stopped this after about 45SECS.

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
Could it be possible to get this interview in a text form, I mean if it exists in a text form, plz give me a link