Author Topic: i think God is more human than we think  (Read 2433 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: i think God is more human than we think
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2009, 03:22:39 PM »
Did you just say monsters? Roman & Greek mythology is good shit. Don't you agree? But it's so ironic it's called Roman & Greek mythology.

QT, you know many stories from Greek and Roman mythology closely resemble stories of the Bible right? lol

That's because Satan knew the truth all along and implemented it through out pagan religions in order to make the living word of God lose credibility.

lol

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2009, 03:50:45 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/RGR4SFOimlk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/RGR4SFOimlk</a>
"He's an absentee landlord. Worship that. Never!"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »
:wavey:

Why would anyone deny that the bible states facutal accounts? But please tell me that this doesn't make you think that everything in it is the truth and reality. That doesn't make sense.
Hahahahaha, aight, so you think that the majority of the shit is real and than the lesser half fake? LMFAO! Right.

As for not needing a book to ponder god. Life in its countless forms is very explainable.
Oh really? Than explain how an organism formed into separate organs to reproduce. How the fuck could you explain that? 'It just happened' isn't an answer any better that what I got. Homie.

And if your beliefs is so logical and than you believe ev'rythang in this world had to come about by reproduction. How did space produce? Somethang had to produce that. Explanation?

QT, you know many stories from Greek and Roman mythology closely resemble stories of the Bible right? lol
Which ones though? Even Job discredited shit The Greeks believed.

I have to ask myself if you're reading or guessing what I write. Never did I say that most of the bible is real. I was saying that only because the bible mentions some events that really occurred it doesn't mean that the religious content is truth.

Noone ever said that it 'just happened'. I'm not gonna explain the world to you. It's all on the internet if you are interested. And once again, only because an event that happened about 12 billion years ago can't be ultimately proven, you shouldn't automatically bring up the Spaghetti-monster everytime. ;D

It's not guessing, it's implying.

And evidently you don't think this world has purpose or was made by reason. So what options are left? Gotta be the belief of 'pure chance'. Is that not what you think?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2009, 08:16:02 PM »
Did you just say monsters? Roman & Greek mythology is good shit. Don't you agree? But it's so ironic it's called Roman & Greek mythology.

And witchcraft is clearly mentioned in The Bible. Practicing it is an abomination. That shit is like the fuckin' Devil's work. C-Blue's speed. Lol. It's meant to inflict harm on other people. All that Voodoo shit.

So God has to be real because someone wrote a book about him?
The got damn Bible is like a history book. It states factual accounts. Please don't deny this. You don't need a book, no, to start pondering if there's a God. Look at life. Wonder, troll prince, wonder.

A history book? Lol.......obviously some parts of the bible are based on actual events. The writers drew on their own experiences and what they knew. I agree that Roman mythology is good shit. So is.the bible. Contains a lot of interesting stuff and is definitely a good read. But that doesn't mean it makes a lick of actual sense.  Because guess what, so called Roman mythology is based on actual events as well. Probably not the minotaurs, but the cities, definitely. Troy was a real city. Reading the bible like a history book is stupid, because we know stuff in there that obviously didn't happen. Noah's ark? Simply not possible.
Exactly, they drew on their own experiences and what they knew, exactlyyyyy.

Wait. How does The Bible not make actual sense? Now that sounds crazy. If it DIDN'T make sense, it wouldn't BE what it is today.

Noah's ark? Simply not possible? Yeah that's what they said about parting an ocean. Until Science did a study saying it IS possible. So maybe God's plan WAS Science like M Dogg said from the jump.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2009, 08:17:45 PM »

That's because Satan knew the truth all along and implemented it through out pagan religions in order to make the living word of God lose credibility.

He's got these niggas souls my nigga, he's got these niggas souls.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2009, 08:44:57 PM »

And witchcraft is clearly mentioned in The Bible. Practicing it is an abomination. That shit is like the fuckin' Devil's work. C-Blue's speed. Lol. It's meant to inflict harm on other people. All that Voodoo shit.

So God has to be real because someone wrote a book about him?
The got damn Bible is like a history book. It states factual accounts. Please don't deny this. You don't need a book, no, to start pondering if there's a God. Look at life. Wonder, troll prince, wonder.

A history book? Lol.......obviously some parts of the bible are based on actual events. The writers drew on their own experiences and what they knew. I agree that Roman mythology is good shit. So is.the bible. Contains a lot of interesting stuff and is definitely a good read. But that doesn't mean it makes a lick of actual sense.  Because guess what, so called Roman mythology is based on actual events as well. Probably not the minotaurs, but the cities, definitely. Troy was a real city. Reading the bible like a history book is stupid, because we know stuff in there that obviously didn't happen. Noah's ark? Simply not possible.
Exactly, they drew on their own experiences and what they knew, exactlyyyyy.

Wait. How does The Bible not make actual sense? Now that sounds crazy. If it DIDN'T make sense, it wouldn't BE what it is today.

Noah's ark? Simply not possible? Yeah that's what they said about parting an ocean. Until Science did a study saying it IS possible. So maybe God's plan WAS Science like M Dogg said from the jump.

Does Greek mythology make sense to you? I'm assuming the answer is no. Greek mythology also draws on actual events. How come you don't believe in it?

How in the world do you come to the conclusion something must be completely true because it contains actual events? Its like if I wrote a fictional book about some guy who was in the Iraq war and everyone started calling it fact. Does that make sense to you?

and lol at you making up scientifical studies.

Look, You can believe in god, you can believe there was a spark of life, you can believe that the universe was around forever, it doesn't really matter. But all this shit about a book that was written by men that describes completely unrealistic events is what I'm calling into question. Its illogical. That's all I'm saying. Believe in it all you want, just admit that its an illogical conclusion to come to.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 08:50:12 PM by The Baby Satan »

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »

Enlighten me on this so-called scientific study of parting the ocean. Better yet, direct me to a peer reviewed source if possible?

QT, I've read some of your posts and truth be told, I'm not even interested in proving or disproving your faith in god. However, as an Adjunct Professor of Middle Eastern Studies, I have to point out that some of your understanding of biblical history is false from a scholarly perspective.

I'd be happy to put you onto some acclaimed scholarship on such matters. In order to fully understand and appreciate what you're reading in the bible, grasping the Historiography is key. If you're unfamiliar with Historiography, think of it as the behind-the-scenes of history. There's history, and then there's the behind-the-scenes of what made it history. Does that make sense?

Again, my approach is scholarly by nature. I've no interest in debating it from a faith-based perspective. Objectivity is key.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 11:27:32 PM by pootypooty »

Fraxxx

« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2009, 10:50:41 AM »
^^^ It was the Red Sea not an ocean (I thought he knew the bible ;D) and there are different scientific approaches to explain it. Which one QT means would indeed be interesting.
i donīt need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2009, 11:21:16 AM »
^ Read a fuckin' Thesaurus.

The Bible is the greatest book ever written. Ever. Fact.

This was NOT what I saw. But it's close. And all I could find. I really saw the Red Sea thang on another History Channel show during Armageddon week. Shit ain't on the internet though. I don't see it anyway.

http://www.theexodusdecoded.net/index.html

http://theexodusdecoded.com/index1.jsp

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2009, 11:23:20 AM »
And I ain't gon admit that its an illogical conclusion to come to. >:(

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »

This was NOT what I saw. But it's close. And all I could find. I really saw the Red Sea thang on another History Channel show during Armageddon week. Shit ain't on the internet though. I don't see it anyway.

Thanks. Be careful with your details. You said ocean, not sea. I was already aware of the Red Sea theory. Even though I had a good idea that you meant the Red Sea, I wanted you to clarify and correct it yourself so that we're on the same page. This is how & why debates end up going awry because people are careless with the finer details. In my line of work, detail means everything. Even something as simple as the difference between the ocean and a sea. They're not the same thing.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2009, 11:52:53 AM »

Thanks. Be careful with your details. You said ocean, not sea. I was already aware of the Red Sea theory. Even though I had a good idea that you meant the Red Sea, I wanted you to clarify and correct it yourself so that we're on the same page. This is how & why debates end up going awry because people are careless with the finer details. In my line of work, detail means everything. Even something as simple as the difference between the ocean and a sea. They're not the same thing.

My bad than, I'm sorry.

Fraxxx

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2009, 11:53:16 PM »

A 'fact' is something else. You meant 'opinion'.  ;D

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2009, 09:11:12 AM »
OooooooOOhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you just sonned me and made me your daughter.

Fraxxx

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2009, 01:26:11 PM »
OooooooOOhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you just sonned me and made me your daughter.

Not really, that happened long time ago. Fact, in my opinion.