Author Topic: the ultimate death row box set...just bought it...cover art added 12-19-09  (Read 7081 times)

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: the ultimate death row box set...just bought it...
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2009, 03:04:22 PM »
Im pretty pissed it is not in my area...was hoping to have it before it leaked and to give it an indepth spin on my days off

Anyone got a link for me?

Bestbuy here said theyd have it next week, WEAK!

I wish they would have told us that they wern't shipping much out so that I could have ordered it online
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2009, 03:53:22 PM »
Midnight Hour by Lady of Rage.  Track really surprised me.  This might be the sleeper track of the whole set.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

midwestryder

« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2009, 04:10:27 PM »
     ^^^
so your fat and dumb
no bitch .I am built & smarter then you ever will be or anybody your age or in your family. so shut up with the pull crap. also i am tall,hater

Quadruple OG

« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2009, 04:19:36 PM »
Im pretty pissed it is not in my area...was hoping to have it before it leaked and to give it an indepth spin on my days off

Anyone got a link for me?

Bestbuy here said theyd have it next week, WEAK!

I wish they would have told us that they wern't shipping much out so that I could have ordered it online

same here...went out to best buy yesterday and they didn't have it...interested in hearing some of these tracks, especially the NBK mix

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2009, 04:20:55 PM »
Alright someone can go ahead and slide me a link. Actually I'll just take the Crooked I tracks if thats easier.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Schreibs21

« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2009, 04:29:59 PM »
Fucking mom and pop store that told me it would be in today wont get it till Friday.

I haven't heard it yet, but I'm guessing the the version of NBK with Sneed on it was slower in the first place. I don't see them time stretching the song for no reason. But it will sound as though it was altered because we are so used to hearing the released version. I remember when "Don't Stop" with 2pac was released on Dogg Pound 2002, everybody was bitching because they thought Death Row slowed it down. What they didn't all realize was that the bootleg rip that had leaked previous to that, was a tape rip or something that was unintentionally sped up. When you dub tapes at high speeds this was a very common thing that would happen. With NBK, the situation is a little different, but the same premise: we're so used to hearing the other version that the new version sounds wrong if it's at a different speed.

Also, love him or hate him, I don't think anybody can deny that the presentation and packaging looks pretty damn good. At least from what I see in these photos.

you'll see when you gets yours, it's way slower than your average sped up tape to normal speed song (ie Doggystyle) after speeding it up I knocked off about 25 seconds, it's that slow.

Al Bundy

« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2009, 04:42:01 PM »
Alright someone can go ahead and slide me a link. Actually I'll just take the Crooked I tracks if thats easier.

lmao! gb is getting desperate for this shit

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2009, 05:14:38 PM »
bought it! they had 2 copies laying there at bestbuy.

MarshColin

« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2009, 05:26:17 PM »
Fucking mom and pop store that told me it would be in today wont get it till Friday.

I haven't heard it yet, but I'm guessing the the version of NBK with Sneed on it was slower in the first place. I don't see them time stretching the song for no reason. But it will sound as though it was altered because we are so used to hearing the released version. I remember when "Don't Stop" with 2pac was released on Dogg Pound 2002, everybody was bitching because they thought Death Row slowed it down. What they didn't all realize was that the bootleg rip that had leaked previous to that, was a tape rip or something that was unintentionally sped up. When you dub tapes at high speeds this was a very common thing that would happen. With NBK, the situation is a little different, but the same premise: we're so used to hearing the other version that the new version sounds wrong if it's at a different speed.

Also, love him or hate him, I don't think anybody can deny that the presentation and packaging looks pretty damn good. At least from what I see in these photos.

you'll see when you gets yours, it's way slower than your average sped up tape to normal speed song (ie Doggystyle) after speeding it up I knocked off about 25 seconds, it's that slow.

Ya I was just guessing but I didn't mean that it was a tape thing with particular track, I was just comparing the fact that we're so used to hearing it one way, that if the other is at a different speed (meaning I thought possibly that the Sam Sneed version was made at a slower BPM, and then they changed it somewhere along the line) it wont sound normal. From what you described though, sounds like it was actually slowed after the fact. When I get it on Friday I will compare the bpm of the Sneed version and the bpm of the released version.

Nobody has really described this Sneed version in depth yet that I have seen yet. So is it Just Sneed rapping, or is Dre and or Ice Cube on there? Any differences on the beat?

Schreibs21

« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2009, 05:38:40 PM »

Ya I was just guessing but I didn't mean that it was a tape thing with particular track, I was just comparing the fact that we're so used to hearing it one way, that if the other is at a different speed (meaning I thought possibly that the Sam Sneed version was made at a slower BPM, and then they changed it somewhere along the line) it wont sound normal. From what you described though, sounds like it was actually slowed after the fact. When I get it on Friday I will compare the bpm of the Sneed version and the bpm of the released version.

Nobody has really described this Sneed version in depth yet that I have seen yet. So is it Just Sneed rapping, or is Dre and or Ice Cube on there? Any differences on the beat?

Dre has his normal vocals, there are 2 Sneed verses, and there is still some ice cube mixed in, like at the end of the song cube's vocals are there. Beat and intro are the same from what I can tell. The part right after Dre's 1st verse is different.

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2009, 06:23:02 PM »
I was up in town and happened to get a call from my old favorite mom and pop store....they found one for me

Listened to the second disc partially.....need to sit down n listen later

Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

The Watcher

« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2009, 06:32:22 PM »
i guess they wont be shipping this shit international then

probably need to wait for this shit to hit the internet
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2009, 06:46:28 PM »
i guess they wont be shipping this shit international then

probably need to wait for this shit to hit the internet

this might not leak as fast as the snoop n dre did

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »
Do you guys feel it's worth the price?  I ask as many have argued that it was not worth the price and I completely disagree. 

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2009, 07:12:30 PM »
Do you guys feel it's worth the price?  I ask as many have argued that it was not worth the price and I completely disagree. 

its definetly worth the price, 20 unreleased tracks say so