Author Topic: the ultimate death row box set...just bought it...cover art added 12-19-09  (Read 7222 times)

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: the ultimate death row box set...just bought it...
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2009, 10:44:57 AM »
17 years ago the chronic was released on this day

Happy birthday, The Chronic 8)

The years pass by.. 3 days ago it was 25 fucking years since I saw Metallica the first time. Back then they were awesome!

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2009, 03:04:36 AM »
Anyone found a site that sells this to the UK for less than £30 - £35? :(

I bought it of Amazon marketplace for a good £21

Thanks man just ordered it :)

Update: Got this yesterday so took roughly 3 weeks to get to me in the UK.

still waiting on my copy getting here  :-\

hobomotel

« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2009, 03:20:57 AM »
Anyone found a site that sells this to the UK for less than £30 - £35? :(

I bought it of Amazon marketplace for a good £21

Thanks man just ordered it :)

Update: Got this yesterday so took roughly 3 weeks to get to me in the UK.

still waiting on my copy getting here  :-\

Took around the same time for mine to come. i got it last week. Loving it so far.

Will_B

« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2009, 11:06:42 AM »
Just a couple things for those who didn't know

Crooked I's 'Do It Again' takes the melody and title from Staples Singers track 'Let's Do It again' (written by Curtis Mayfield).

Lil C-Style and Snoop's 'Super Hoe' takes the hook from the Curtis Mayfild track 'Pusherman'.

2euce 7even

« Reply #214 on: December 16, 2009, 01:48:35 PM »
where comes the og "caught up in the game" come from?

kuruptDPG

« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2009, 02:11:26 PM »
finally got my copy, so happy

woof

« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2009, 03:09:47 PM »
what songs were sampled on Snoop Lost Sessions?? can someone list them all plz ??

MistaNova

« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2009, 05:44:26 AM »
I found one at Tower Records today, the shirt is dope and I can use the rest of the box to store Chronic Relit and Lost Sessions Vol. 1.

The Danny Boy tracks are the shiznit 8). I was surprised to find Top Dogg's Cindefella video abit different from the one I saw on MTV and Youtube though.

2euce 7even

« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2009, 04:11:34 AM »
I found one at Tower Records today, the shirt is dope and I can use the rest of the box to store Chronic Relit and Lost Sessions Vol. 1.

The Danny Boy tracks are the shiznit 8). I was surprised to find Top Dogg's Cindefella video abit different from the one I saw on MTV and Youtube though.

whats dif. about it?i saw the one on "death row uncut" dvd and youtube.

MistaNova

« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2009, 05:20:51 AM »
whats dif. about it?i saw the one on "death row uncut" dvd and youtube.

Well the version I previously saw didn't have the part with Top Dogg wearing a No Limit chain and dissing Snoop Dogg.

V2DHeart

« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2009, 04:07:33 PM »
Got a link or know where i can find it?

Nah, Mickaveli2001 posted it a while back on FTPE's forum. I'd ask him.

I had a double disc album, and another album of his. All 3 discs had tracks of re-cycled Death Row verses. Kurt Kobane & Sean Barney Rubble. I only uploaded one disc though if I remember right, because I couldn't find the rest. I did have an old CD-R of DR material that also had a track of his on there, but can't for the life of me remember the title. I never really liked Doobie too much. He was too southern - No Limit-like for my liking
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

AndUKnowThisMayne

« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2009, 12:46:12 AM »
I got my copy too last week.

The t-shirt is nice.

Why did the slow down NBK?.

Heres some pics of DJ Clint Dogg repping the T-Shirt, its the same as mine, r they all balck?.

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
the ultimate death row collection cover art conversion
« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2009, 01:38:21 PM »
since i hate digipaks i made these to fit a 4 disc chubby jewel case

Jimmy H.

« Reply #223 on: December 27, 2009, 05:37:32 PM »
  I might do the same. Got the box set for Christmas.

I've only been able to check out Disc #3 so far but there's some pretty good shit on there though it seems to have the same mixing problems on some of the unreleased stuff as "Lost Sessions". They either couldn't clear a sample or the artist on the chorus for that first Crooked I track. The slowed-down "Natural Born Killaz" with Sam Sneed isn't too bad though. Does anyone else think the slowed-down Dre vocals make him sound like Scarface a little bit? I've said this before but I don't think Wideawake should be promoting a track where Crook spits over a Dre beat as being "produced by Dr. Dre" but I guess that's just one man's opinion. All in all, it was ideal as a Christmas gift. It was something I really wanted to cop but between the $35 price tag and the fact that I couldn't seem to find it anywhere, I probably wouldn't have scooped up for awhile if I didn't get as a present.