Author Topic: the ultimate death row box set...just bought it...cover art added 12-19-09  (Read 7066 times)

hobomotel

Re: the ultimate death row box set...just bought it...
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2009, 09:30:15 AM »
hmmm is this a real alternate version...or the begining of wideawake sticking vocals over beats?

Beginning.

I do find it odd that parts of Ice Cube are still on the song.

I don't think they could have really gotten away with it without tampering. Also, I don't believe Real Thugz is a legit freestyle. Something in my mind says, tampered remix.

It sounds very sloppy at the end of the track. You are right that something doesn't sound right about this song.

If it IS just a blend, I'd really appreciate them being honest, because it's messed up to screw with the fans.

I might have to investigate this issue further.

first it was mp3s being on the snoop cd, now this. Quality is decreasing..

woof

« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2009, 09:38:03 AM »
i dunno about real thugz, its a freestyle anyway but NBK sounds fishy to me, like they pasted sam sneed parts into the song

and on top of that members requested sam sneed tracks to be on the boxset on the deathrow forum but wideawake choose to left out his name from the tracklisting??

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2009, 05:31:58 PM »
Saw this posted by the admin on the official Death Row forum

I saw some people on other forums speculating whether this song was something recorded by Crooked I or a remix we put together or pasted together. First let me start by saying since day one our entire slogan has been to keep everything o.g., with that said this was found while looking for the Snoop "Next Episode". This song was on the actual master reel. Since we cant put out the original due to the Dre lyrics we felt it was a safe bet to use this for the fans and it is 100% untouched and unaltered as it was recorded.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2009, 05:35:44 PM »

I saw some people on other forums speculating whether this song was something recorded by Crooked I or a remix we put together or pasted together. First let me start by saying since day one our entire slogan has been to keep everything o.g., with that said this was found while looking for the Snoop "Next Episode". This song was on the actual master reel. Since we cant put out the original due to the Dre lyrics we felt it was a safe bet to use this for the fans and it is 100% untouched and unaltered as it was recorded.

That's a lie. This is the same guy who won't admit Mark Morrison signed to Death Row Records and removes any threads to the Darren Vegas interview proving it.

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2009, 05:36:37 PM »

That's a lie. This is the same guy who won't admit Mark Morrison signed to Death Row Records and removes any threads to the Darren Vegas interview proving it.

What did you do at Death Row? Were you an engineer or something?

Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2009, 05:39:21 PM »

What did you do at Death Row? Were you an engineer or something?

Nope, just an avid fan who likes to call out bullshitters.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2009, 05:40:56 PM »
However, I do have several friends who did engineer for Double 9 Records and Death Row Records.

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2009, 05:43:49 PM »
However, I do have several friends who did engineer for Double 9 Records and Death Row Records.

Tommy D? How do you know that Crook song was pasted and put together?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2009, 05:45:09 PM »

Nah - I don't want to name names but he learned under Marty Ogden, and listen to the vocals - it's quite obvious.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 05:50:42 PM by Tanner G. »

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2009, 05:51:22 PM »

Nah - I don't want to name names but he tutored under Marty Ogden, and listen to the vocals - it's quite obvious.

Idk homie no offense but your going to have start providing some proof to all these DR statements you make.  You talk like your right there in the office everyday.

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2009, 05:55:41 PM »
Who wants to throw me a link through pm  8) I live in New zealand you can NEVER find this in any store, and i cant buy online due to no credit card
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2009, 05:57:12 PM »

Nah - I don't want to name names but he tutored under Marty Ogden, and listen to the vocals - it's quite obvious.

Idk homie no offense but your going to have start providing some proof to all these DR statements you make.  You talk like your right there in the office everyday.

Because I know almost everyone who was up there. Lol. Anyone who knows me knows I know my Death Row stuff, I.E. Bad Boy Killaz (Produced By Kobane and Devante) done by 2Pac and Danny Boy was dated 2/9/96 and there's a few separate DAT's with it on it. Trust me, I ain't the only one you need to question - the admin over at DeathRowMusic.com needs to be questioned considering he picks out the track listings for Death Row or DID.  Keep in mind, he won't be 100% honest with you considering he ran ForThePeopleEnt.com

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2009, 06:11:46 PM »
I mean, anyone care to question why the vocals have certain effects on it and on top of that - why it shares similarities to I'm So Crooked?

The Watcher

« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2009, 06:44:54 PM »
i wish they'd sell the tracks through itunes or something
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2009, 06:52:35 PM »
i wish they'd sell the tracks through itunes or something

Indeed. A lot of people are screwed. I can't stand this. I have the money to buy it but I can't  :-\