Author Topic: the ultimate death row box set...just bought it...cover art added 12-19-09  (Read 7216 times)

D Breezy

Re: the ultimate death row box set...just bought it...
« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2009, 07:32:47 PM »

Damn just heard "Super Ho" another funky ass dope track!! Amazon list this song by Snoop, But that cant be right, I hear Snoop in the background, But whos rapping?

lil style
Southern Cali Producer D Breezy

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxEePe3NSCrYlYZrXzm0Pg
IG - @d_breezysounds
iTunes - https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-it-means/1591041892
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/7cmg61kWV0NUZ3IqcuczoC

What It Means out now!! feat. Tash, Kokane, T.Kidd, Propain, Joel Q, Bo Roc, LBC Crew, and more

2euce 7even

« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2009, 05:22:07 AM »
who´s talkin on "midnight hour" rage ft. kurupt (his voice low as hell)?
is it prince ital joe?i guess not.they better should put prince ital joe on it doin tha lil chant.

Will_B

« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2009, 08:51:18 AM »
Anyone found a site that sells this to the UK for less than £30 - £35? :(

I bought it of Amazon marketplace for a good £21

Thanks man just ordered it :)

Update: Got this yesterday so took roughly 3 weeks to get to me in the UK.

Jaydc

« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2009, 11:19:45 AM »
Anyone else feeling doobies song?Im liking it,reminds me of a classic no limit song.Althought the shot at eminem seemed forced and unneccessary

StevenQBosell

« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2009, 12:26:50 PM »
Anyone else feeling doobies song?Im liking it,reminds me of a classic no limit song.Althought the shot at eminem seemed forced and unneccessary

Yeah, it did have that classic late 90's No Limit Feel to it. And I noticed that Em line too, seemed totally forced.

I have another, longer version of it, with what seems to be someone different on the hook, and the singer has a longer extended outro... Lemme see if I can find it

DivShare File - 06_-_Just_My_Luck.mp3  <<-Alternate version

Now that I really listened to the alternate version, it seems like it got way more post production that the Deathrow Box Set version. Although I like the Box Set version better... the alternate version sounds so exaggerated, the box set version is a lot more subtle.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:39:09 PM by StevenQBosell »

scratch42069

• 'G'
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »

I remember reading back when Doobie was first on Death Row that he was inspired by No Limit. I also agree with Caught Up In the Game having that No limit kind of sound and I also liked the track but I liked it for the Danny Boy hook.

JohnnyL

« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2009, 02:15:55 PM »

Yeah, it did have that classic late 90's No Limit Feel to it. And I noticed that Em line too, seemed totally forced.

I have another, longer version of it, with what seems to be someone different on the hook, and the singer has a longer extended outro... Lemme see if I can find it

Now that I really listened to the alternate version, it seems like it got way more post production that the Deathrow Box Set version. Although I like the Box Set version better... the alternate version sounds so exaggerated, the box set version is a lot more subtle.

Interesting.  What is this version of the song from?

Jaydc

« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2009, 02:16:49 PM »
I think I remember someone saying doobie released an album or something?Anyone confirm this?

StevenQBosell

« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2009, 03:28:54 PM »

Interesting.  What is this version of the song from?

Great question, I have no clue. Downloaded this from deathrowtapes.blogspot, they had some "unreleased DeathRow" zip floating around and this along with the old copy of Nigga Named Dave that was floating around a few years ago, Hoe Hopper, Rat-A-Tat, next Episode, all in shitty Q. The one gem of the compilation was Kurupts "I Don't Bang No more" it's one of the few non CDQ songs on my iphone.

Now that's a song I'd love to see released from the vault

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2009, 03:58:57 PM »
I think I remember someone saying doobie released an album or something?Anyone confirm this?

Yeah, he did with remakes of all of his DR tracks.

Jaydc

« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2009, 04:01:14 PM »
Got a link or know where i can find it?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #206 on: December 13, 2009, 04:33:35 PM »

Nah, Mickaveli2001 posted it a while back on FTPE's forum. I'd ask him.

Mietek23

« Reply #207 on: December 15, 2009, 04:15:04 AM »

I got the tape - it's really nothing special..

hobomotel

« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2009, 05:04:25 AM »

I got the tape - it's really nothing special..

can you up it?

midwestryder

« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2009, 10:26:09 AM »
17 years ago the chronic was released on this day