Author Topic: The Untamable Tongue  (Read 339 times)

Td

• Lil Geezy
  • NUTTIN` BUT DA DOGG IN ME!!!
The Untamable Tongue
« on: November 25, 2009, 03:31:26 AM »
This message is for me, as well I hope it can bring a Blessing to you all. I must admit I am guilty of my Mouth. I'm am times Judgmental in my beliefs and feelings of whats Right, and what's Wrong. Instead of choosing to Love the person and hate the Sin, I End up hating both. It took my cousin, telling me that when the day of Judgement comes, God will ask what I did, not what everyone else has done. Simple, but it made a lot of since to me. I was getting bent out of shape over something I have no control over. That it is better to pray for a person than to Judge them.

James 1:26 gives a great example of this
If any one among you thinks he is religious,
and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart,
This ones religion is '' USELESS''

Needless to say that verse really hit home with me. But when I read
James 3:6/17,18 really made it clear,

6: And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set
among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire
the course of nature, and it is set on fire by hell.

17: But the Wisdom that is form above is first pure, then peaceable,
, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without
partiality and without hypocrisy.

18: Now the fruit is sown in peace by those who make peace.

I have learned that sometimes like ya mama said, If you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all. Christians can be some of the most Self Righteous, Judgmental people on the planet. So I do feel like a Hypocrite

James 3:8-10
8: but no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

9:With it we bless our God and Father,and with it we curse men, who have
been made in the '' Similitude '' of God.

Joyce Meyers says, we go to church, and not in the church 5 minutes before we're looking for something to '' Complain '' about. '' I didn't like the message today '', Why did the pastors wife wear that out fit '', ''The message was too long today ''. She said we as Christians bless are selves and take it away from us with or mouths. Thats why James 3:10 makes a lot of since.

10:Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing, My brethren,
These things ought not be so.

So this thanksgiving , I'm going to work on my '' Mouth '', and see how I can use it to Glorify God, and be more Christ like.

Kingdom Dynamics:
Serving Human Need.
Those things closest to the Father's heart, The things that he views as precious, revolve around caring for the Needy, and personal Holiness.
God's majesty and power our best understood in light of his tender compassion towards orphans and widows. When his children care for the distressed,
their actions are pure and faultless in God's view because they reflect heart.
We can (and Should) evangelize, fast, study, and pray, but our looking out
for and defending the helpless brings pleasure to God without qualification.

the ghost

Re: The Untamable Tongue
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 12:48:21 PM »
There was this breezy that went to my high school that was known for having track and field tongue.  That shit could not be tamed either.  She could damn near lift you off the bed with just her mouth!

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:14:02 PM »
There was this breezy that went to my high school that was known for having track and field tongue.  That shit could not be tamed either.  She could damn near lift you off the bed with just her mouth!

LMAO!! +1

truelistener032

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 04:06:37 AM »

LMAO!! +1

:D

2010-thefuture

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 12:05:01 PM »
AMEN

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 11:00:08 PM »
I needed that one. PROPZ!
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

Bananas

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 02:08:45 AM »
Ignorant christian sheep. Whoever god is may he bless the dicknsuckers like in ghosts story for making our lives more thrilling. A man ruled by inhibiion is just as blind as the man led by temptation.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 02:13:14 AM »
Ignorant christian sheep. Whoever god is may he bless the dicknsuckers like in ghosts story for making our lives more thrilling. A man ruled by inhibiion is just as blind as the man led by temptation.

Why do u speak against the positive???? Now I really want to know and want a real answer right now!
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme