Author Topic: Crooked I - "Real Thugs" is over the OG Next Episode beat  (Read 4270 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Crooked I - "Real Thugs" is over the OG Next Episode beat
« on: November 25, 2009, 12:39:31 PM »
just thought I should share that with y'all

hobomotel

Re: Crooked I - "Real Thugs" is over the OG Next Episode beat
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 12:48:46 PM »
We knew this from the snippets

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 12:50:07 PM »
POST THE TRACK UP!!! IF YOU GOT IT!

westsiderider323

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:57:10 PM »

SAINTX111

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 02:33:38 PM »
yeah, i think its kinda LAME. Crooked is dope but common, over THAT beat?! Thats for the original artists that created the song: DR. DRE & SNOOP DOGGY DOGG. Come correct or don't come at all Wideawake.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 03:14:25 PM »
yeah, i think its kinda LAME. Crooked is dope but common, over THAT beat?! Thats for the original artists that created the song: DR. DRE & SNOOP DOGGY DOGG. Come correct or don't come at all Wideawake.

i thought it waz a pretty good idea

MarshColin

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »

I told you in the other thread, it's not a WideAwake remix job on that track. Crooked I actually made that song, to that beat, and they found it while diggin the vaults. It was from when he was on Dogg Pound Recordz/Death Row, so I'm assuming Daz went into the vault and grabbed the beat for him. Obviously we would all prefer the OG, but this probably our only opportunity to ever hear that beat in CDQ, so I don't think you can really hate on WideAwake for putting it out there for us.

Invincible

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 03:38:06 PM »

i thought it waz a pretty good idea

It's not very often I agree with Mr Radiotube but I do this time. We are not gonna hear this beat in high quality any other way.

Matty

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 03:43:44 PM »
don't get too excited, remember 'Doggystyle' from Snoop's Lost Sessions. My hamster could probably mix down a Dre record better.

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 03:49:09 PM »
I wonder if this is one of the beats Dr. Dre gave Big C-Style for Crooked I to use?
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Invincible

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 03:53:19 PM »
don't get too excited, remember 'Doggystyle' from Snoop's Lost Sessions. My hamster could probably mix down a Dre record better.

Anything has got to be better than the awful quality available of the original out there. It's unlistenable.

EFFeX

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 03:54:33 PM »
I'm not too impressed by the song, it sounds more like a "freestyle" session than anything. Definitely not what I expected, but not a total loss.

It is still something unreleased that we hadn't heard before, so I do give them props for releasing it.

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 05:25:40 PM »
cool idea, but i think its kind of a slap in the face to the fans that have been dying to hear tha next episode og

Quadruple OG

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 05:46:45 PM »
It's hilarious how people are making out "The Next Episode" to be the greatest musical composition that has every been created on Earth...funniest part of this thread