Author Topic: Crooked I - "Real Thugs" is over the OG Next Episode beat  (Read 4267 times)

Paul

Re: Crooked I - "Real Thugs" is over the OG Next Episode beat
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 06:24:41 AM »
I have a feeling Wideawake dont have as many tracks as they are making out
funkyfreshintheflesh

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2009, 06:41:47 AM »
Donno who picks those tracks for Deathrow compilations, they put Crooked I freestyling over NEXT EPISODE OG beat and they have like 100 of his finished songs there like Bang On Em, Raw Dawgs, Crook Show, Jack 101, I Love The Ghetto...etc

Hyland did, but he got let go with Lara Lavi. So, we can actually expect shit to be picked by some decent dudes.

Man, this stuff going on at Wideawake is crazy.  They need to put out a press-release or do some interviews or something to let us know exactly what's going on.  It seemed that there was going to be a Danny Boy double album, a women of Death Row compilation and a 2pac album planned for next year.  I'm guessing they'll probably still move forward with the Pac album, but I wonder if Lavi's termination will affect the other releases.  I mean, considering Danny Boy and the "Women of Death Row" cds could hardly be considered guaranteed hits from a sales point of view, I wonder if they'll even still release them or if they'll move ahead with different projects instead.

Danny Boy's album probably got delayed, because Lara was exclusively handling that.

MarshColin

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 12:21:31 PM »
Yea. But I dont think he will be happy to see that death row album released before he releases his debut album and god knows when will that be

Ya, but he can only fault himself for that.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 07:15:16 PM »
Yea. But I dont think he will be happy to see that death row album released before he releases his debut album and god knows when will that be

exactly...Slaughterhouse can form in a month and they can have their album out within 3 months, but Crooked I can't release a solo project at all? a little ridiculous

MarshColin

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 08:11:15 PM »

exactly...Slaughterhouse can form in a month and they can have their album out within 3 months, but Crooked I can't release a solo project at all? a little ridiculous

Ya. I understand at first what he was going for, waiting for the right label situation and all, but the longer he waited, the worse the music industry got. At some point in there he should have realized that that deal he was waiting for, was not going to come, and just put out his record. Treacherous has not done a god damned thing for him or anybody on the label really, and he also should've jumped that ship a long time ago.

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2009, 02:55:08 AM »
Donno who picks those tracks for Deathrow compilations, they put Crooked I freestyling over NEXT EPISODE OG beat and they have like 100 of his finished songs there like Bang On Em, Raw Dawgs, Crook Show, Jack 101, I Love The Ghetto...etc

True, but we don't know what kind of plans they have in store for Crooked I. I'm not sure how down he is, but it's obvious WideAwake wants to release his material as an album of some sort, so maybe they're trying to save some of his material for the sake of that project.

Yea. But I dont think he will be happy to see that death row album released before he releases his debut album and god knows when will that be, cause we can see its all about Slaughterhouse now, USA tour, EU tour, workin on second album etc..

that´s why crooked needs to hurry up, it´s not an option to release some boss songs of 2006, drop pigface street lp then boss after that!!!

Jome

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2009, 04:06:30 PM »
Pretty dope track.  8)

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2009, 06:07:42 PM »
well theres about 20-25 seconds at the end im sure one of you mix masters can take and add to the og next episode and give it a boost, get to work lol

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2009, 08:04:32 PM »
well theres about 20-25 seconds at the end im sure one of you mix masters can take and add to the og next episode and give it a boost, get to work lol

TRG

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 08:55:25 PM »
i know i shouldnt ask but can anyone send me a link via pm?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2009, 09:19:58 PM »
i know i shouldnt ask but can anyone send me a link via pm?

Me too please :), I can't afford the box set atm and they're not selling single tracks on itunes

Matty

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2009, 09:36:32 PM »
can i get some more accurate info on this song too? 8)

G-Funk

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2009, 09:08:57 AM »
just listened to the snippet. pretty amazing to hear it in CDQ. if the real one never comes out, I'm sure it can be recreated.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2009, 05:22:04 PM »
yeah, i think its kinda LAME. Crooked is dope but common, over THAT beat?! Thats for the original artists that created the song: DR. DRE & SNOOP DOGGY DOGG. Come correct or don't come at all Wideawake.

I told you in the other thread, it's not a WideAwake remix job on that track. Crooked I actually made that song, to that beat, and they found it while diggin the vaults. It was from when he was on Dogg Pound Recordz/Death Row, so I'm assuming Daz went into the vault and grabbed the beat for him. Obviously we would all prefer the OG, but this probably our only opportunity to ever hear that beat in CDQ, so I don't think you can really hate on WideAwake for putting it out there for us.

+1   its a great song and since we cant hear the Dre version why NOT release this?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »
can i get some more accurate info on this song too? 8)
its fucking fire thats 4 sure
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens