Author Topic: B.G. "Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood" Discussion Thread (Starts On Pg.2, No Link Asking  (Read 1112 times)

Young Old Head

hell nah eac ain't (always) equivalent. this shit's 128 avg...i'll wait for the grouprip...

Cash Money Blood Gang

Blood$

hell nah eac ain't (always) equivalent. this shit's 128 avg...i'll wait for the grouprip...

yeah I figured that out now, it's just in the past I've downloaded rips that were "EAC" and most had the same quality as GroupRips... weird this one isn't, but oh well tomorrow I will be going to Best Buy after I get my check... dope album, pretty much every track was bangin', I will give a full review once I get the CD  8)

the ghost

Seems good after first listen.  Need a few more times before I can really say though.

Lunatic

LOL my local music store had it for sale today just one copy...somebody in the back fucked up  :P
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blood$

GroupRip is out  8)

Blood$

01. Fuck The Game Up (Produced By Mista Raja & Sef Millz) 4/5, good intro to the album, sets the tone of what the listener is in for
02. I Swear (Feat. Gar) (Produced By Sir Stephen Breaux) 4/5, nice beat, B.G. ripped it and Gar did his thing on the hook
03. Nigga Owe Me Some Money (Feat. Soulja Slim, Lil Boosie & C-Murder) (Produced By KLC) 4.5/5, borderline classic IMO, all came correct and the beat/hook is dope... would have loved to hear Young Buck on this one
04. Fuckin U Right (Produced By Bass Heavy) 3.5/5, decent track for the bitches, no soft shit though
05. My Hood (Feat. Gar & Mannie Fresh) (Produced By Mannie Fresh) 4/5, B.G. over another Mannie Fresh beat, what more do you need? Gar once again sounded good on the hook, good for a single as well
06. Hit The Block & Roll (Produced By KLC) 3.5/5, feelin' the rock & roll style beat
07. Like Yeah (Produced By Savage) 4/5, drug song... love it though
08. Fuck Thang (Feat. Matravious Cooks) (Produced By Savage) 3.5/5, love the beat on this one and its better than track 4
09. Back To The Money (Feat. Magnolia Chop) (Produced By Oddz.N.endz) 5/5, B.G. at his finest over a BANGIN' beat, Magnolia Chop murdered the hook as well
10. Ya Heard Me (Feat. Lil Wayne, Juvenile & Trey Songz) (Produced By Cool & Dre) 4.5/5, great track that lived up to the hype of the Hot Boys reunion, everybody killed it but Wayne's verse took some time to grow on me, Trey Songz sounded dope on the hook
11. Chopper City Is An Army (Produced By Mannie Fresh) 4/5, on some old vintage Cash Money shit, dope shit
12. My Wrist Game Is Sick! (Produced By Savage) 3.5/5, straight track but the beat sounds pretty similar to track 7 cuz it's the same producer
13. Gutta Gutta (Feat. Gar) (Produced By Dupree & Joe Lindsay) 4/5, smoother beat than previous tracks, really feelin' this one
14. Keep It 100 (Feat. Magnolia Chop) (Produced By Oddz.N.endz) 4.5/5, another banger... B.G. and Magnolia Chop can never go wrong especially over these types of tracks
15. Under Surveillance (Produced By Bass Heavy) 4/5, nice way to close out the album, dope production and Gizzle once again kills it
16. 4 A Minute (Feat. T.I.) (Produced By Scott Storch) (Bonus) 4/5, it's a shame this single didn't get more push back when it dropped because it's a banger... would have been dope to maybe have a remix with a verse from Tip
17. I Hustle (Feat. Young Jeezy) (Produced By J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League) (Bonus) 4/5, great to finally hear this mastered, B.G. and Jeezy go good on a track together

overall I give this album a 4/5, solid as I expected it to be and well worth the long wait, his best album since Chopper City as well IMO... my only complaint is that "Rather Die" with Maino didn't make the cut but I assume that was because of the Pac sample that maybe couldn't get cleared, and Young Buck should have stayed on "Nigga Owe Me Some Money"... other than that there are no weak tracks or any to skip at all, definitely worth the download and even more worth going out to buy  8)

mrkmaidog

Best Buy edition comes with 4 BONUS TRACKS:

18. "OFF THE BLOCK" ft. GAR
19. "MURDER SHOW" ft. SOULJA SLIM
20. "CLOSER"
21. "SO 504" ft. GAR

Blood$

Best Buy edition comes with 4 BONUS TRACKS:

18. "OFF THE BLOCK" ft. GAR
19. "MURDER SHOW" ft. SOULJA SLIM
20. "CLOSER"
21. "SO 504" ft. GAR

yup, just picked my copy up today

bonus tracks are straight but "Murder Show" is the best one, it's a remake of Spice 1 & MC Eiht's track

Lunatic

BG (epic classic) interview coming soon  8)

Blood$

weird shit I just realized

on my copy I bought at Best Buy today "I Hustle" still has Jeezy talking on the intro but his second verse is replaced by a new B.G. one, but my GroupRip that I downloaded had the Jeezy verse... wtf?

Lunatic

1. Good intro shit right here. This beat real chillin'. The verse straight too. - 3.75/5
2. I Swear - Beat is street. Hook is sick as fuck; Gar did his thang. B.G. did his thing on here 2. Last verse the best one. - 4/5
3. Ni**a Owe Me Some Money - Hook is alright. Beat hot as fuck though. B.G. verse real street lol. C-Murder killed this shit for sure. Boosie verse was hot as hell too! Murder & Boosie! - 4.5/5

4. Fuckin U Right - Beat is cool. B.G. did a good ass hook on here 2. I had low expectations for this record but it's straight. 3.5/5
5. My Hood - Good to hear B.G./Mannie Fresh. Gar did a dope ass hook. U can tell it's a bit more mainstream but it's a cool feel-good hood record. Everyone knows BG gets that love in his hood. - 3.5/5
6. Hit The Block & Roll - BG sounds most comfortable on records like this. KLC did his thang on here. This joint growing on me right here. Didn't like it at first. - 3.75/5

7. Like Yeah - sounds like a southern drug anthem lol. BG love makin this one haha. I don't do drugs but I can still enjoy this record; it's a cool sounding song. This hook hot as fuck - 4/5
8. Fuck Thang - Hook is ok. BG should fuck more with Kango Slim from Juve camp; his hooks dope. But Magnolia Chop dope too. Probably the worst song on here. - 3/5
9. Back to the Money - Magnolia Chop drops a perfect hook. This a real street anthem right here. With this and Juve's "we getting money", that hot boyz camp staying giving us money anthems lol. Love this record. - 5/5

10. Ya Heard Me - Glad he included this on the album. Would be a shame if it ended up nowhere. Cool & Dre dropped a good one. Wayne verse was straight. Juve came cool too. Trey Songz was eyy. - 4.25/5
11. Chopper City Is An Army - Cool & Dre good beat again. Again expected filler here but it's very straight. - 4/5
12. My Wrist Game Is Sick! - Beat is straight. Hook is cool too. Verses are on par though. - 3.75/5

13. Gutta Gutta - Beat is smooth. Doesn't fit BG normally but he flows well here. Gar straight on here 2; his solo CD should be cool. - 3.5/5
14. Keep it 100 - Once again, BG/Magnolia Chop make a perfect team here. Chop kills this shit. This is amazing. -5/5
15. Under Surveillance - Another real dope street record. Hook is straight 2. - 4.5/5

16. For a Minute - Old ass record but it's straight. Cool it was included. Wish BG/TI had more of a 'street' record on this album though. - 4/5
17. I Hustle - Epic BG/Jeezy shit. Real street record.  Jeezy came hot too! - 4.25/5

Overall: this is a real street album that all BG fans will appreciate and should support. Good to see he gonna outsell Timbaland; Too bad Clipse not selling well. BG deserves to outsell Snoop too but he didn't but damn he came close and the amount of promo ain't even close. BG made a record for his real fan base.

4/5

Blood$

Good to see he gonna outsell Timbaland; Too bad Clipse not selling well. BG deserves to outsell Snoop too but he didn't but damn he came close and the amount of promo ain't even close. BG made a record for his real fan base.

I agree with all of this, it's crazy he's on pace to sell 50K and more than Timbaland/Clipse cuz the label didn't start pushing until very last minute, and my local FYE didn't even have the album so I had to go to Best Buy... I honestly thought he was going to sell 10-20K and was even more sure of that when I seen Juve did like 22K and he at least had promo ahead of time... either way, great for B.G.  8)

Blood$

here are the bonus tracks ripped straight off the CD, way better quality than the ones included in the EAC rip:

Off The Block (Feat. Gar)
http://www.zshare.net/download/69721131ffe66cdc/

Murder Show (Feat. Soulja Slim)
http://www.zshare.net/download/69721217e44f0e0f/

Closer
http://www.zshare.net/download/697213019733aef8/

So 504 (Feat. Gar)
http://www.zshare.net/download/69721398bf13f24c/
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:34:40 AM by H0W HiGH aka BloodMoney2K10 »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
All I found was webrip

kemizt

Lunatic

here are the bonus tracks ripped straight off the CD, way better quality than the ones included in the EAC rip:

Off The Block (Feat. Gar)
http://www.zshare.net/download/69721131ffe66cdc/

Murder Show (Feat. Soulja Slim)
http://www.zshare.net/download/69721217e44f0e0f/

Closer
http://www.zshare.net/download/697213019733aef8/

So 504 (Feat. Gar)
http://www.zshare.net/download/69721398bf13f24c/

+1 G

this'll hold me off 'til i get my copy in the mail