Author Topic: Warren G - Ghetto Village [Remix] [No Audio]  (Read 232 times)

Okka

Warren G - Ghetto Village [Remix] [No Audio]
« on: December 23, 2009, 04:27:01 AM »
Warren Gets Snoop & Nelly For Remix - January 27, 2002 -

As we earlier reported, Warren G's next single from The Return Of The Regulator will be Ghetto Village. He's set to release a remix of this song featuring Snoop Dogg and Nelly which will be called My Ghetto Village.

According to Warren, the project was put together with a couple of phone calls. "I reached out to Nelly and I told him I wanted to do a remix with him," Warren explains. "He was cool with it. Snoop was just, 'Warren, I got your back. Let's do this.'"

According to Warren, Nelly is in the process of writing his verse, and when he's ready a Universal rep will fly to St. Louis and record the track. "Then they'll bring everything to me and Snoop will record his part," he adds. "It's all about helpin' each other out -- gotta show that unity." The remixed track will be released shortly after the album track hits the radio airwaves. Source: rollingstone.com Lil Jay

http://www.westcoast2k.net/jan2002.htm

Did the remix ever come out? Warren G was supposed to have The Neptunes produce somethin' on "Return Of The Regulator". It's a good thing that didn't happen, the album is perfect as the way it is. It's definitely my favorite album from Warren G after his first album.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 04:31:03 AM by Okka »

Mista Rosa

Re: Warren G - Ghetto Village [Remix] [No Audio]
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 01:50:20 PM »
that album is really dope. critics said it didn't have commercial success that's fucked up cuz it sounded great. warren had snoop kokane soopafly butch cassidy WC boss hogg nate dogg, he couldn't go wrong. "yo sassy wayz" is my favorite song..
didn't know about the remix project, another failed promise maybe, like the release of 213's early tapes?
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

G-Funk

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 04:52:07 PM »
that album is really dope. critics said it didn't have commercial success that's fucked up cuz it sounded great. warren had snoop kokane soopafly butch cassidy WC boss hogg nate dogg, he couldn't go wrong. "yo sassy wayz" is my favorite song..
didn't know about the remix project, another failed promise maybe, like the release of 213's early tapes?

I don't think it was really promoted.
The intro is dope as fuck though. 8)

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 02:57:23 AM »
^^fuck yeah!!
that intro could had been a bangin' entire track!

Just imagine a verse from Kurupt & some other homie from lbc like Bad Azz, whoaa!!!