Author Topic: Most useless verse ever?  (Read 1516 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Most useless verse ever?
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2009, 06:44:30 PM »

Eminem on "Forgot about Dre"

This.

Tanner for President  ;D

:D The whole verse just didn't fit the fucking context of the song. So, fucking useless - it was a completely different story compared to the song.

first four lines were dope and fit the song perfectly. After that he just started talking about himself. If he had kept talking about Dre it would've made more sense.

:o :o :o :o everything ok?

okay with what?

so what do you say to somebody you hate?
or anyone trying to bring trouble your way?
wanna resolve things in a bloodier way?
then just study a tape of N.W.A.

Chad Vader

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2009, 07:04:11 PM »

This.

Tanner for President  ;D

:D The whole verse just didn't fit the fucking context of the song. So, fucking useless - it was a completely different story compared to the song.

first four lines were dope and fit the song perfectly. After that he just started talking about himself. If he had kept talking about Dre it would've made more sense.

:o :o :o :o everything OK?

okay with what?

Sounds like you hit your head or something... for once you're not going against the grain  :P :D

F-cisco

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 07:33:36 PM »
Dr.Dre on "Hello" You can tell he wrote the verse all by himself, because it sucks!!  Hey yo Dre, stick to using ghostwriters please.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 07:47:57 PM »

This.

Tanner for President  ;D

okay with what?

Sounds like you hit your head or something... for once you're not going against the grain  :P :D

Its a valid point. While its a dope verse on its own, most of it doesn't fit the context of the song. While it doesn't really bother me that much, I can see why it would bug people.

I would say that I am going against the grain with this post. Eminem has a lot of fans and most people don't have an issue with that verse. This is the first time I've seen it brought up.

Anyway, where are the other situations I've "gone against the grain"?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2009, 08:05:28 PM »
Master P on Lay Low.

I think it was dope

You're full of shit.

Bizaree's verse on every D-12 song on their first album.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

westsiderider323

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2009, 08:09:12 PM »
birdmans verse on haterz (g. malone)

Chad Vader

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »

This.

Tanner for President  ;D

okay with what?

Its a valid point. While its a dope verse on its own, most of it doesn't fit the context of the song. While it doesn't really bother me that much, I can see why it would bug people.

I would say that I am going against the grain with this post. Eminem has a lot of fans and most people don't have an issue with that verse. This is the first time I've seen it brought up.

if not your whole (west coast) alternative rappers is more relevant than (west coast) gangster rappers thing is against the grain,what is?  :P

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2009, 12:35:20 AM »

This.

Tanner for President  ;D

okay with what?

if not your whole (west coast) alternative rappers is more relevant than (west coast) gangster rappers thing is against the grain,what is?  :P

lol....I guess that counts. I was talking about quality though, not relevance. Obviously the west coast hasn't been relevant in years, save game and snoop.

Chad Vader

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2009, 01:25:09 AM »

This.

Tanner for President  ;D

okay with what?

lol....I guess that counts. I was talking about quality though, not relevance.
Obviously the west coast hasn't been relevant in years, save game and snoop.

bigger,better,relevance... we discussed all that and more.  :P

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2009, 01:32:02 AM »
you might have brought up relevance, but I clearly stated that popularity isn't important.

Chad Vader

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2009, 02:46:12 AM »
you might have brought up relevance, but I clearly stated that popularity isn't important.

I see you're OK again...  :laugh:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2009, 03:21:54 AM »

I see you're OK again...  :laugh:

Dude....I'm just rehashing what was said in the previous thread, as you were trying to say it was about something it wasn't. Go back and look through it if you feel the need to. I never once brought up relevancy, therefore the conversation can't originally have been about relevancy, now can it?  :idea: In fact it never was about relevancy. You were the one who brought up popularity, and I told you then that it wasn't important to the discussion, as I was talking about who is currently releasing better music.

You'll argue about anything won't you?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:26:56 AM by rapsodie, the troll prince »