Author Topic: Upcoming Westcoast Rappers Are Upset Radio Station Power 106....  (Read 871 times)

YoungCrookedI

Upcoming Westcoast Rappers Are Upset Radio Station Power 106....
« on: November 30, 2009, 03:27:06 AM »

WESTCOAST!!!!!! Techniec,Ca,YungLa etc. in that video.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 03:34:01 AM by YoungCrookedI »

Portugoal

Re: Upcoming Westcoast Rappers Are Upset Radio Station Power 106....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 08:24:34 AM »
when i occasionally hear the "new west" rappers im glad they're never on the radio

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »
when i occasionally hear the "new west" rappers im glad they're never on the radio

that´s why you´re a fuckin hater and a cornball... ;D

thug child

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 11:28:08 AM »
its shit like that that makes me think the west aint gonna never get they turn again. These punk ass radio and 106 and park nigga got the souths nuts in they mouth. playin soft ass rappers like drake all day aint wont play no west coast shit.That because they in it for the money those dj wouldnt care if hip hop died as long as they bitch asses geting paid. And then the label wont put out the west coast artist that are signed because they would rather put out bullshit rappers like the ones on the radio. Just look at g.malone he's been on cash money for a aminute but then drake and them comes around and get their shit just thrown out their.Hip hop is dead the west and the east coast are nver going to get back to the forefront.We mind as well get use to rappers like gucci,soulja boy and nicki minaj becuase that what hip hop is going to be like so fuck hiphop.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 12:14:18 PM »
i havent listened to power in a couple years.....its kday all day over here, same wit everyone i know....power hasnt been good since the baka boyz left, not to mention the only legit radio show left over there was canceled (friday night flavas wit the fantastic four) almost 4 years ago.....so yeah, fuck power 106, i hope kday kills them in the ratings
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

aaamusicgroupwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • AAA Music Group - Mega Producers
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 12:15:04 PM »
it's really unbelivable that G Malone isn't on the radio and drake is...blows my mind..

I'm glad these artists stood up for what they believe in
Twitter us: @TECHNIEC @BLOCREBELMEDIA @aaamusicgroup @Longbeachls

ALBUM:  Techniec & L's Present: Blacklist - Purchase here: http://bit.ly/hF7JxS

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »
Snoop was right, westcoast fell off so bad even these wack ass stations like power 106 won't play any west niggas, only Snoop/She Thang/Game
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 01:52:51 PM »
While I tend to agree with you guys in a way, I can't help but notice the content difference in West rap and East/South rap.

Point blank, rappers from the South know how to make a catchy song. They limit their talk about guns and violence, and thus they pop on the radio. Even Gucci Mane limits this talk when he has radio hits. If there's a serious question as to why Drake gets played as opposed to Glasses, the answer is easy. Drake is fresh, something completely different, appeals to the women, and knows how to make a song. Glasses Malone doesn't really have any of those qualities - infact, both him and Nipsey Hussle (while I really dig Nipsey) are nothing more than throwback rappers from the 90's/Death Row era.

I know this is where they come from so they feel the need to rap a certain way and about certain things, but if it isn't working it's time to switch it up and try something else. While Game doesn't quite do this, he's had the blessing of having Dre beats, as well as reaching out to the East/South and has made friends and songs with most big artists from both sections of the map. Speaking of Game, he actually made some sense in his newest DubCNN interview when talking about his BWS artists and when he's going to start pushing them. He's right, labels don't quite create buzz anymore, buzz comes on its own. Drake being on Cash Money did NOT create his buzz, his buzz came on its own from his music and the message he was putting out. He just became a Cash Money artist what, 2-3 months ago? He's been huge this whole year.

Roccett seems to have his head on straight in terms of trying different approaches to songs and style than the rest of the New West, but even he gets stuck rapping old NWA/Death Row style lyrics. Take a group like 2nd II None. Based on their track record, they have the same gangsta lifestyle and upbringing as any West Coast gangsta rapper claims to have, but they took a different approach, and as a result had videos on TV, radio, and were able to reach a vast appeal from all sections of the country. Same goes for DJ Quik.

These West rappers need to look in the mirror and try something different. Gangsta rap is dead/dying. Whether you like to admit it, intelligent hip-hop/club songs is the present, and until the West comes up to that standard, we're gonna be having these same conversations for the next 10 years.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 02:15:04 PM »
intelligent hip-hop/club songs is the present

how can u put intelligent and club song in the same sentence muhahahahahahahaha

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

aaamusicgroupwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • AAA Music Group - Mega Producers
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 02:15:10 PM »
While I tend to agree with you guys in a way, I can't help but notice the content difference in West rap and East/South rap.

Point blank, rappers from the South know how to make a catchy song. They limit their talk about guns and violence, and thus they pop on the radio. Even Gucci Mane limits this talk when he has radio hits. If there's a serious question as to why Drake gets played as opposed to Glasses, the answer is easy. Drake is fresh, something completely different, appeals to the women, and knows how to make a song. Glasses Malone doesn't really have any of those qualities - infact, both him and Nipsey Hussle (while I really dig Nipsey) are nothing more than throwback rappers from the 90's/Death Row era.

I know this is where they come from so they feel the need to rap a certain way and about certain things, but if it isn't working it's time to switch it up and try something else. While Game doesn't quite do this, he's had the blessing of having Dre beats, as well as reaching out to the East/South and has made friends and songs with most big artists from both sections of the map. Speaking of Game, he actually made some sense in his newest DubCNN interview when talking about his BWS artists and when he's going to start pushing them. He's right, labels don't quite create buzz anymore, buzz comes on its own. Drake being on Cash Money did NOT create his buzz, his buzz came on its own from his music and the message he was putting out. He just became a Cash Money artist what, 2-3 months ago? He's been huge this whole year.

Roccett seems to have his head on straight in terms of trying different approaches to songs and style than the rest of the New West, but even he gets stuck rapping old NWA/Death Row style lyrics. Take a group like 2nd II None. Based on their track record, they have the same gangsta lifestyle and upbringing as any West Coast gangsta rapper claims to have, but they took a different approach, and as a result had videos on TV, radio, and were able to reach a vast appeal from all sections of the country. Same goes for DJ Quik.

These West rappers need to look in the mirror and try something different. Gangsta rap is dead/dying. Whether you like to admit it, intelligent hip-hop/club songs is the present, and until the West comes up to that standard, we're gonna be having these same conversations for the next 10 years.
Twitter us: @TECHNIEC @BLOCREBELMEDIA @aaamusicgroup @Longbeachls

ALBUM:  Techniec & L's Present: Blacklist - Purchase here: http://bit.ly/hF7JxS

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 02:34:39 PM »
intelligent hip-hop/club songs is the present

how can u put intelligent and club song in the same sentence muhahahahahahahaha

lmao...his post was making sense up until that point

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 02:39:03 PM »
Most new west coast rappers are ass.  They're watered down versions of the 90s.  There's a couple I think are dope and a couple more that have potential.

Favorite: Bishop Lamont

Potential:
Taje
Indef
PR1ME
Slim da Mobsta
Clyde Carson
Cashis
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 02:41:47 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 02:55:45 PM »
Didn't 2Pac once say if you make songs for the ladies, niggaz will still buy it.

Shit is true.  Look at 2Pacs track record.  Some of his biggest radio hits were tracks for the ladies and party jams.  Keep Ya Head Up, I Get Around, Temptations, Me Against the World, California Love, Dear Mama, How Do U Want It.  And those records still get radio play to this day.  His only 2 gangsta tracks that were radio hits were Holla If Ya Hear Me and Hail Mary, and those get no play except maybe on his birthday or death day.

You want on the radio, you have to follow that formula.  If not you'll be stuck to making internet mixtapes.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 03:04:03 PM »
maybe they should just focus on making good music and building a fan base that way instead of wanting to get radio play. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

SO PRUP

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 03:49:44 PM »
damn they should of made an announcement about it, I would of went, how you gonna do something like this and not tell anybody lol?