Author Topic: Evolution  (Read 3403 times)

ikke

Evolution
« on: November 30, 2009, 02:17:06 PM »

Queen Sikotic got published?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Evolution
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 02:46:03 PM »

Queen Sikotic got published?

the fact that you believe so strongly in evolution (without any real backings or even a conclusion that u came up ur self) makes you dis-credible  as the same religious fanatics u talk shit about.

not once have you made a deep response or a deep statement. u basically repeat what other atheist say; the same thing religious fanatics do when they repeat pastors and priests. and you put no thought into it at all. your not cool because you dont believe in a religion if thats the trend in Amsterdam these days.

and lastly this does not belong here. if ur not going to take this place seriously, than you should be banned from this section. im tired of these worthless posts/threads that u make, obviously to get your post count up.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

the ghost

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 03:26:23 PM »
Well I guess I got into something else here, but I will say that the more I learn about evolution, the more I am led to believe that there is something that created this.  Things are almost too complex to insist that it "just happened".  Now I don't think whatever created everything is some church's idea of God, but I think there is someone/thing that is responsible.

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 03:37:29 PM »
... you believe so strongly in evolution (without any real backings ...

Evolution is fact.  Darwin's theory of evolution through natural selection is the theory.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 04:53:16 PM »
EVEN THE POPE AGREES WITH EVOLUTION. I mean why is it that these so called "Christians" want to put science against religion. As a man of faith, I feel that maybe God's plan was evolution. You can't prove that God created the world as is, because no one was there. When the world was created, who knows, maybe he just said, here goes some water, some cells, now lets see what we get. I mean was anyone there to prove anything, did anyone write anything down?

Well anyways, here goes Pope John Paul II talking about evolution. As you can read, he lets researcher do what they do best, research to get facts, and he did what his suppose to do as a religious leader, embrace it for your religion and allow your followers to accept fact.

http://www.newadvent.org/library/docs_jp02tc.htm (point number 4)

Taking into account the state of scientific research at the time as well as of the requirements of theology, the encyclical Humani Generis considered the doctrine of "evolutionism" a serious hypothesis, worthy of investigation and in-depth study equal to that of the opposing hypothesis. Pius XII added two methodological conditions: that this opinion should not be adopted as though it were a certain, proven doctrine and as though one could totally prescind from revelation with regard to the questions it raises. He also spelled out the condition on which this opinion would be compatible with the Christian faith, a point to which I will return. Today, almost half a century after the publication of the encyclical, new knowledge has led to the recognition of the theory of evolution as more than a hypothesis. [Aujourdhui, près dun demi-siècle après la parution de l'encyclique, de nouvelles connaissances conduisent à reconnaitre dans la théorie de l'évolution plus qu'une hypothèse.] It is indeed remarkable that this theory has been progressively accepted by researchers, following a series of discoveries in various fields of knowledge. The convergence, neither sought nor fabricated, of the results of work that was conducted independently is in itself a significant argument in favor of this theory.

What is the significance of such a theory? To address this question is to enter the field of epistemology. A theory is a metascientific elaboration, distinct from the results of observation but consistent with them. By means of it a series of independent data and facts can be related and interpreted in a unified explanation. A theory's validity depends on whether or not it can be verified; it is constantly tested against the facts; wherever it can no longer explain the latter, it shows its limitations and unsuitability. It must then be rethought.

Furthermore, while the formulation of a theory like that of evolution complies with the need for consistency with the observed data, it borrows certain notions from natural philosophy.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 04:58:47 PM »
People who outright refuse to accept evolution even though it happens in front of them on a daily basis should be shot and we should be allowed to harvest their organs and use them in intellegent people who have an understanding of common sense.

People who try to turn evolution vs. creation into some kind of retarded east coast vs. west coast beef when the idea of evolution doesn't even support or hurt religion are even worse and should be treated accordingly.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »
People who try to turn evolution vs. creation into some kind of retarded east coast vs. west coast beef when the idea of evolution doesn't even support or hurt religion are even worse and should be treated accordingly.
The first setence is outright harsh. What happened to "respecting other people's beliefs"? Should only religious believers be held to that standard? Props to you (for the second sentence) and MDogg for speaking the truth.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 05:21:51 PM »
The first setence is outright harsh. What happened to "respecting other people's beliefs"? Should only religious believers be held to that standard? Props to you (for the second sentence) and MDogg for speaking the truth.
The first sentence is not harsh. At least we could take a group of useless people and make them useful.

It's not about beliefs, its about facts. If I tell you the sky is blue, take you outside, point upwards at the blue sky and you say, "I dunno.......it could be red or yellow", then that would make you a fucking moron......by choice.

I'm all for respecting people's beliefs as long as it seems somewhat logical or as long as there isn't any concrete evidence against it. Somebody who is unwilling to accept proven fact usually will never do anything but burden you and me somehow.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 05:24:01 PM »
Well I guess I got into something else here, but I will say that the more I learn about evolution, the more I am led to believe that there is something that created this.  Things are almost too complex to insist that it "just happened".  Now I don't think whatever created everything is some church's idea of God, but I think there is someone/thing that is responsible.
Real fuckin' got damn talk.

And who don't agree wit evolution?? We don't believe we EVOLVED FROM MONKEYS. How Christians reject the idea of advancing? We know we evolve. Look at fuckin' race got damn it. Evolution in the context of 'ape to man' is what we reject. In THAT context of evolution.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 06:14:22 PM »
Well I guess I got into something else here, but I will say that the more I learn about evolution, the more I am led to believe that there is something that created this.  Things are almost too complex to insist that it "just happened".  Now I don't think whatever created everything is some church's idea of God, but I think there is someone/thing that is responsible.

And who don't agree wit evolution?? We don't believe we EVOLVED FROM MONKEYS. How Christians reject the idea of advancing? We know we evolve. Look at fuckin' race got damn it. Evolution in the context of 'ape to man' is what we reject. In THAT context of evolution.

no one says we evolved from apes. Its that we evolved from a common ancestor.

also, monkey isn't the same as ape.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 08:06:57 PM »
Well I guess I got into something else here, but I will say that the more I learn about evolution, the more I am led to believe that there is something that created this.  Things are almost too complex to insist that it "just happened".  Now I don't think whatever created everything is some church's idea of God, but I think there is someone/thing that is responsible.

Aight, Technical Timothy, but wasn't you the other nigga in that thread implying you believe we evolved from an ape??

Suga Foot

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 09:58:43 PM »
Aight, Technical Timothy

Gotta try to use that one on someone tomorrow lol

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 12:50:50 AM »

Aight, Technical Timothy, but wasn't you the other nigga in that thread implying you believe we evolved from an ape??

No...the theory is that we and apes evolved from the same thing. I'm going to use a word you like to use. Coincidence. Do you think its a coincidence that we are physically so similarly to apes? What about all fossils that have been found of Homo Erectus, Neanderthal, etc, other intelligent humanoids? None of this supports your belief that humans were "created".

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 08:03:50 AM »

No...the theory is that we and apes evolved from the same thing. I'm going to use a word you like to use. Coincidence. Do you think its a coincidence that we are physically so similarly to apes? What about all fossils that have been found of Homo Erectus, Neanderthal, etc, other intelligent humanoids? None of this supports your belief that humans were "created".

Here's my problem, (not that I care one way or another what actually happened); Just because we have found fossils from a long time ago of skeletons that are similar to ours', and just because there may have one time been species that no longer exist today, doesn't mean out species wasn't created, just like the other species were created.

I'm not a scientist, but neither is anyone here, and my problem with people that argue evolution is the word proof and fact. For me proof and fact requires something a lot more concrete than theories based on theories.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 09:08:42 AM »
Aight, Technical Timothy

Gotta try to use that one on someone tomorrow lol

:D

So who created the apes?