Author Topic: Evolution  (Read 3393 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Evolution
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2009, 05:12:30 PM »
Aight, Technical Timothy

Gotta try to use that one on someone tomorrow lol

:D

Well I guess I got into something else here, but I will say that the more I learn about evolution, the more I am led to believe that there is something that created this.  Things are almost too complex to insist that it "just happened".  Now I don't think whatever created everything is some church's idea of God, but I think there is someone/thing that is responsible.
Real fuckin' got damn talk.

And who don't agree wit evolution?? We don't believe we EVOLVED FROM MONKEYS. How Christians reject the idea of advancing? We know we evolve. Look at fuckin' race got damn it. Evolution in the context of 'ape to man' is what we reject. In THAT context of evolution.

no one says we evolved from apes. Its that we evolved from a common ancestor.

also, monkey isn't the same as ape.

Aight, Technical Timothy, but wasn't you the other nigga in that thread implying you believe we evolved from an ape??

No...the theory is that we and apes evolved from the same thing. I'm going to use a word you like to use. Coincidence. Do you think its a coincidence that we are physically so similarly to apes? What about all fossils that have been found of Homo Erectus, Neanderthal, etc, other intelligent humanoids? None of this supports your belief that humans were "created".
So who created the apes?

Like I and others on this board have already said, pick up a book. It ain't my job to explain evolution to someone who isn't willing to learn beyond what they have been conditioned for.

Looks like you're stumped. Aww, damn.

I'm not the one who's stumped. Google the shit. it ain't my job to do your research for you. You shouldn't be involved in the conversation if you don't understand what's being discussed.

You sound like a got damn broken record. Nigga please. I understand. You must just not understand my vocabulary. Mmmm k. I'm followin' youuuuuuuu Rapsodie, followin' youuuuuuuu, and not in that way so fallback. I'm followin' your conversation. What I'd like to know is how ev'rybody just skipped over M Dogg's post. Hmmm?? Why didn't nobody challenge what he said? Ah, maybe he just made a good point.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 05:22:47 PM »
That's wrong. Gravity and Evolution are not the same. You can use the scientific method to study gravity in a way you cannot for evolution. The math doesn't exist in the same way. A lot of evolution has to do with the best logical answer based on unseen history. Gravity has nothing to do with history. It is now and we can study it. I'm not saying certain things aren't currently evolving, but saying the human race was once homo erectus is based on faith, logical faith, but faith. Saying on two objects of different mass fall at the same rate is based complete on math and science, and certainty.

wtf are you talking about? Homo Erectus is extinct.

Evolution is a fact. We have seen evolution occur.

And the theory part of it as it pertains to humans, has nothing to do with faith. Faith doesn't use evidence. There is overwhelming evidence to support that humans evolved from a more primitive ape-like species. That is the logical and most likely conclusion, not "faith."

The fact that you say most likely proves that it is faith. That's what fact and proof are. You said most likely, there is no dispute, and the idea that something is most likely and not certain means it is faith. Thank you for arguing in my favor. Only when there is no doubt what so ever does faith cease to exist.

And of course faith uses evidence. Faith doesn't mean crazy Christians talking about men living in whales. It means believing in something that you aren't 100% sure of and cannot show to anyone to prove. If evolution were like gravity you could show it to all these nuts and convince them otherwise. But evolution, just like carbon dating is not as solid as gravity. That's my only point. I am not arguing for creationism or intelligent design.

Faith is the confident belief or trust in the truth or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.[1][2] The word "faith" can refer to a religion itself or to religion in general. As with "trust", faith involves a concept of future events or outcomes, and is used conversely for a belief "not resting on logical proof or material evidence."

The theory of human evolution has an overwhelming amount of material evidence to support it. Faith has nothing to do with evidence. They are two completely different things and not comparable at all. The theory of human evolution relies on evidence and the logical conclusion from said evidence. Religion is based on absolute faith with absolutely no logical reasoning. How many times am I going to have to say this?

Evolution has been proven because we have witnessed it. Evolution is fact, just as much as gravity. You are confusing this with the theory of human evolution, which cannot have been witnessed because it happened over millions of years. Regardless of whether you are talking about evolution as a fact, or the theory of human evolution, neither are comparable to faith in the slightest.

Of course I'm talking about human evolution. I'm well aware that evolution in general with certain species exists today. The word evolution is a broad umbrella, but humans evolving from primates what I'm talking about. Faith is also a big word. I'm not talking about religions or equating it to religion. I'm talking about faith the word as in what it means to believe in something rather than know for sure. Believing that two objects fall at the same rate and believing that humans evolved from whatever is not the same thing. Just admit it so we can move on.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 05:25:03 PM »
What seperates people like me and rap from people like my nigga QT is faith. We can debate this till our fuccin heart stops. It won't do any good. It's been said a million times. FAITH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EVIDENCE. People who believe in god rely on faith. Science relies on evidence. That is it!. END THREAD

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 05:28:17 PM »
Aight, Technical Timothy

Well I guess I got into something else here, but I will say that the more I learn about evolution, the more I am led to believe that there is something that created this.  Things are almost too complex to insist that it "just happened".  Now I don't think whatever created everything is some church's idea of God, but I think there is someone/thing that is responsible.

And who don't agree wit evolution?? We don't believe we EVOLVED FROM MONKEYS. How Christians reject the idea of advancing? We know we evolve. Look at fuckin' race got damn it. Evolution in the context of 'ape to man' is what we reject. In THAT context of evolution.

Aight, Technical Timothy, but wasn't you the other nigga in that thread implying you believe we evolved from an ape??

No...the theory is that we and apes evolved from the same thing. I'm going to use a word you like to use. Coincidence. Do you think its a coincidence that we are physically so similarly to apes? What about all fossils that have been found of Homo Erectus, Neanderthal, etc, other intelligent humanoids? None of this supports your belief that humans were "created".
So who created the apes?

Like I and others on this board have already said, pick up a book. It ain't my job to explain evolution to someone who isn't willing to learn beyond what they have been conditioned for.

I'm not the one who's stumped. Google the shit. it ain't my job to do your research for you. You shouldn't be involved in the conversation if you don't understand what's being discussed.

You sound like a got damn broken record. Nigga please. I understand. You must just not understand my vocabulary. Mmmm k. I'm followin' youuuuuuuu Rapsodie, followin' youuuuuuuu, and not in that way so fallback. I'm followin' your conversation. What I'd like to know is how ev'rybody just skipped over M Dogg's post. Hmmm?? Why didn't nobody challenge what he said? Ah, maybe he just made a good point.

If I sound like a broken record, its because you aren't listening. DO SOME RESEARCH.

your questions don't make any sense. Its not the vocabulary, its that you don't know what you're talking about. Who created the apes? You're the one who is saying they were created, not me. If you mean what apes evolved from, you can google an article about ape evolution and find out easily. You can't just come into a discussion and expect other people to explain to you what is being discussed.

What I want to know is how you can swear that we aren't related at all to apes, when you haven't even taken the time to do any research into the topic.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2009, 05:33:56 PM »
That's wrong. Gravity and Evolution are not the same. You can use the scientific method to study gravity in a way you cannot for evolution. The math doesn't exist in the same way. A lot of evolution has to do with the best logical answer based on unseen history. Gravity has nothing to do with history. It is now and we can study it. I'm not saying certain things aren't currently evolving, but saying the human race was once homo erectus is based on faith, logical faith, but faith. Saying on two objects of different mass fall at the same rate is based complete on math and science, and certainty.

wtf are you talking about? Homo Erectus is extinct.

Evolution is a fact. We have seen evolution occur.

And the theory part of it as it pertains to humans, has nothing to do with faith. Faith doesn't use evidence. There is overwhelming evidence to support that humans evolved from a more primitive ape-like species. That is the logical and most likely conclusion, not "faith."

The fact that you say most likely proves that it is faith. That's what fact and proof are. You said most likely, there is no dispute, and the idea that something is most likely and not certain means it is faith. Thank you for arguing in my favor. Only when there is no doubt what so ever does faith cease to exist.

And of course faith uses evidence. Faith doesn't mean crazy Christians talking about men living in whales. It means believing in something that you aren't 100% sure of and cannot show to anyone to prove. If evolution were like gravity you could show it to all these nuts and convince them otherwise. But evolution, just like carbon dating is not as solid as gravity. That's my only point. I am not arguing for creationism or intelligent design.

Faith is the confident belief or trust in the truth or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.[1][2] The word "faith" can refer to a religion itself or to religion in general. As with "trust", faith involves a concept of future events or outcomes, and is used conversely for a belief "not resting on logical proof or material evidence."

The theory of human evolution has an overwhelming amount of material evidence to support it. Faith has nothing to do with evidence. They are two completely different things and not comparable at all. The theory of human evolution relies on evidence and the logical conclusion from said evidence. Religion is based on absolute faith with absolutely no logical reasoning. How many times am I going to have to say this?

Evolution has been proven because we have witnessed it. Evolution is fact, just as much as gravity. You are confusing this with the theory of human evolution, which cannot have been witnessed because it happened over millions of years. Regardless of whether you are talking about evolution as a fact, or the theory of human evolution, neither are comparable to faith in the slightest.

Of course I'm talking about human evolution. I'm well aware that evolution in general with certain species exists today. The word evolution is a broad umbrella, but humans evolving from primates what I'm talking about. Faith is also a big word. I'm not talking about religions or equating it to religion. I'm talking about faith the word as in what it means to believe in something rather than know for sure. Believing that two objects fall at the same rate and believing that humans evolved from whatever is not the same thing. Just admit it so we can move on.

Didn't I say in the beginning that it was a theory? That's why I keep calling it the theory of human evolution, is it not?

Try all you want to compare it, its not the same as faith. Faith has nothing to do with logic.

What seperates people like me and rap from people like my nigga QT is faith. We can debate this till our fuccin heart stops. It won't do any good. It's been said a million times. FAITH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EVIDENCE. People who believe in god rely on faith. Science relies on evidence. That is it!. END THREAD

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2009, 05:46:01 PM »

This is why I'm convinced God are simply the laws controlling the universe.

By that description, you're a Panentheist.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2009, 05:53:57 PM »
Rap, let me say it again and I hope you understand me this time, faith with regards to religion has nothing to do with what I mean by faith. Faith and evidence go hand in hand. The very reason criminals take or don't take pleas is based on it. If you have video of a man committing a crime and his face, and voice are easily recognizable you have a guilty plea because there is no argument against the crime. If you have an eye witness, and a motive it still isn't the same as a video. It is still based on faith that what is logical is most likely. There was a man released from prison a few years ago here in Canada for the murder and abduction of a young girl. All the evidence, science, and logic, pointed to him. The jury had faith in it. Science changed. He was released. It was logical, it was evident, but it was wrong. Why was he put in jail? Because of faith. Faith in DNA testing. Faith in eye witnesses. None of them saw him kill the girl, but they believed he did. And all the logic agreed with it.

Faith occurs when you haven't seen it yourself. And in science or in law faith works out just fine most of the time, but it's still faith to some degree. I don't believe two objects of differing mass fall at the same rate. I see it, try it and know it. I don't see, try, and know, new species evolving from completely different species. I believe it. There is a difference. So stop equating human evolution to gravity.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2009, 06:22:00 PM »
Aight, Technical Timothy

So who created the apes?

If I sound like a broken record, its because you aren't listening. DO SOME RESEARCH.

your questions don't make any sense. Its not the vocabulary, its that you don't know what you're talking about. Who created the apes? You're the one who is saying they were created, not me. If you mean what apes evolved from, you can google an article about ape evolution and find out easily. You can't just come into a discussion and expect other people to explain to you what is being discussed.

What I want to know is how you can swear that we aren't related at all to apes, when you haven't even taken the time to do any research into the topic.
I was simply replying to you with my 'who created apes'.

You said you believe in the theory that we and apes evolved from the same thang, and I'm askin' you, what created that thang? Shit just can't appear. So we formed from organisms? Well how did the organisms get here?

Fraxxx

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2009, 09:30:20 AM »
^^^ There are even theories about how life COULD have started in the beginning. But, once again, only because you don't know for sure, your explanation shouldn't always be god. Saying that everything you don't understand is caused by an almighty super-power isn't very clever. If I show some Amazonas people who are on stone age-level a TV they'll think it was magic.
Eversince humans practise science they found logical explanations for many phenomenons they were surrounded by. First there's a theory based on hints, then at some point you might be able to prove your theory. This way man managed to explain veeery much, which appeared as some kind of mistery before. If we would have stuck with faith our explanation for everything would still be 'god/magic'.

And you are flip flopping! You say 'man don't come from apes'. Then you are told (not for the first time) that there's a good chance we have the same origins. Then you ask how there could be origins anyway if it wasn't for god. That's a whole other question. You just don't have any knowledge on this, not even from your point of view. I talked to people who are sceptic about evolution and they had at least something to say.
You have not!

The sloth
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:38:07 AM by Fraxxx »
i donīt need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 09:42:49 AM »
^ Asking questions doesn't mean I believe them. So how's that flip-flopping? If he's telling me he believes we formed from organisms that evolved into creatures, I'm askin' him, who made the organisms? I'm questioning, NOT stating. Nevermind. Fuck ittttttttttttttt. I evidently can't get across to you about what I'm sayin', so just fuck ittttttttttt.

the ghost

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 10:52:05 AM »
Just a thought about "Facts".  They are subjective as well.

Fraxxx

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 10:56:34 AM »
^ Asking questions doesn't mean I believe them. So how's that flip-flopping? If he's telling me he believes we formed from organisms that evolved into creatures, I'm askin' him, who made the organisms? I'm questioning, NOT stating. Nevermind. Fuck ittttttttttttttt. I evidently can't get across to you about what I'm sayin', so just fuck ittttttttttt.

It's flip flopping because you can't add a single argument to your claim that we (humans and apes) have the same ancestors, but you just change the topic (how did life start in the first place) which is a different question.

Why are you asking him who made the organisms when you know that he don't believe in creation. Why are you asking at all when you don't believe anything said.

You can't get across about what you say because you're saying nothing. Only posing some not so deliberate questions.

Fraxxx

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 11:02:20 AM »
Just a thought about "Facts".  They are subjective as well.

Yeah, evidence can be subjective but that's why we are talking about a theory opposed to a belief for which there is zero evidence.

ikke

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 11:12:47 AM »
Goddamn I just posted this up for the lulz.
Should post shit like this in the g-spot from now on =/.

Well I guess I got into something else here, but I will say that the more I learn about evolution, the more I am led to believe that there is something that created this.  Things are almost too complex to insist that it "just happened".  Now I don't think whatever created everything is some church's idea of God, but I think there is someone/thing that is responsible.
Can't evolution be the thing that created it all?
Evolution is basically god, it created us didn't it?
It took a lot longer then genesis and will never finish but you can't deny that it has created us.

People try to look too much for an entity in God, maybe it's just humans seeing how they rule the world and that god most be like us being so powerfull.
But do we really rule the world? Gravity is keeping us down on earth, not our will so gravity rules the world more then we do.

This is why I'm convinced God are simply the laws controlling the universe.

God is most often conceived of as the supernatural creator and overseer of the universe
The generally accepted definition of God, it basically proves my beliefs.
Aren't all the laws of physics and Evolution overseeing the universe?
-If a species needs a change to survive Evolution will give it that change if possible.
-Gravity makes sure we don't drift of in space.
-The sun is giving us the light we need to live and some heat.
-Even the foodchain is overseeing us, it makes sure that every species has something to eat.

And ghost, can you really call this just happening when it took 13.5 billion years for us to get here?

no feedback from anybody?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 10:29:38 PM »

It's flip flopping because you can't add a single argument to your claim that we (humans and apes) have the same ancestors, but you just change the topic (how did life start in the first place) which is a different question.

Why are you asking him who made the organisms when you know that he don't believe in creation. Why are you asking at all when you don't believe anything said.

You can't get across about what you say because you're saying nothing. Only posing some not so deliberate questions.
:stop: You ain't even trying to hear me out so fuck it.

Umm I don't know Fraxxx....come on. MAYBE to make my point.

Fine, okay, if we came from the same ancestry, but that means this all had to form from an organism. Where did that organism come from? Ya'll could quote all the research and all evidence you want but there's only so much of it, and only so much Science got, than it leaves you wit deeper questions. Ya'll so firmly and strongly could say fact this, proof that BUT you GOT half a theory. You ain't got the FULL thang, you are missing the beginning. AND don't you sit and wonder that? Ya'll talk as confidently as any Bible believer. Ya'll are so sure on shit, and don't even got a full fact sheet. When the modern Einstein STATES here's how this one organism was formed, here's how this cell grew into a creature walking on two legs, here's how it formed into human, it ain't at all shit. So they think they found life on mars? So is this how you think all thangs on Earth came to life? By some single-cell? Damn and it produced seas, land, animals, plants and humans? Hmm. But wait now how did Earth form? How'd these planets get here? Aww man, there's bigger questions like thattttt? Aww damn. I don't know QT some people are just to 'rational' to limit their wonders and ASSUME thangs.