Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Malice N Wonderland (Discussion Thread Only- no asking for links)  (Read 8852 times)

chuwy

• Lil Geezy
So far so ehhhhh.  We will see, half way though album and its ok at best

EFFeX

I haven't listened yet, but have really low expectations. I'll definitely give it an honest shot though as usual.

Lunatic

Snoop is still a household name and is expected to bring in sales. With that said, i think this album is gonna outsell Ego Trippin. All he had last album for a hit was "sexual seduction" and nothing after that. This album has way more single potential.

Gangsta Luv & I Wanna Rock videos have already debuted. Videos for Upside Down & Pronto are already shot and debuting after the album is out/or a few days before the album drops. I can see Pronto being huge. Not sure on Upside Down though.

If he wants to take it further, videos for '1800' and 'special' would also do pretty well imo.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It's not as bad as some people are saying. The thing is that it's kinda all over the place, no real vibe. If you compare it to Ego Trippin that had a vibe but Snoop sounded lazy. On this one he sounds more focused and hungry, lots of single potential also. I just wish he did more tracks like "2 Minute Warning", that track right here reminds me why Snoop is my favorite.

Have to give it more spins before I get that final feeling for the album.

The Sorrow aka Maurice

• Muthafuckin' OG
this is by far the worst album by snoop. 1 good track with kokane & battlecat!
the others straight garbage.. last time I heard any goods is a long time.
f**k all the akon sounds and specially the southern style.
straigt trash

PLANT

It sounds good to me I guess because I'm a fan of Snoop.  Pretty fresh album after the first listen

Jome

After one listen, this very might be the worst Snoop album ever, and that says a whole lot, considering albums like Da Game Is To Be Sold & Rhytm and Gangsta.

Only 2-3 listenable tracks, no really dope cuts.. it's moronic to leave off tracks like "World Of A Gangsta" & "Protocol", but they're actually decent, so I guess that would mess up the flow of the album.

This albums gets a big from me, might be the worst album of the year.

Snoop: "I'm at the BET awards, sitting in disgust. It's still a G-thang, but yet they wanna be us."
Jome: I'm listening to Snoops latest, shaking my head in disgust.  :grumpy:

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
This album is better than ego trippin

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
1. Intro - Disappointing since Snoop always has the best Intro's
2. I Wanna Rock - 4/5. Impressed with this track. The beat is hot as hell. I thought it was gonna be a lot cornier since it's supposed to be a "jerk" track.
3. 2 Minute Warning - 4/5 - Snoop sounds good on this shit. Sounds like one of his dope mixtape cuts. Too bad it's so short. Still a hot cut to include on the album.
4. 1800 Ft. Lil Jon - 3/5 - Can see this being a single down the line, and a successful one at that. It's typical Lil Jon southern stuff though. Just slightly gets a pass. (3)

5. Different Languages Ft. Jazmine Sullivan - 3.75/5 - Piano is hot on here. Jazmine is a very good singer. Hate to say it but Latoiya Williams would have sounded really good on here. But I'm not complaining with Jazmine.
6. Gangsta Luv' Ft. The-Dream - 3.25/5 - Everybody heard this one by now. It's alright.
7. Pronto Ft. Soulja Boy - 2/5 - I really like the beat but Soulja Boy is so wack lol. Beat is the only good thing about this here.
8. That's Tha Homie - 2.75/5 - Didn't really like this since it first leaked. Screwed hooks are so over used and the hook is pretty annoying. Beat is decent. Just better than a fail.

9. Upside Down Ft. Nipsey Hussle & Problem - 3.75/5 - Hope we're hearing two future west coast stars on here. Not sure about Nipsey saying this is a huge hit. Beat is decent. Problem is alright on the hook. Highlight of the track is definitely the Nipsey verse.

10. Secrets Ft. Kokane - 4.5/5 - Surprised to see this on here. Kokane back on a Snoop track is a good look. Woah BattleCat dropped a monster of a beat  :o  I like how the first two minutes is just Kokane pretty much.

11. Pimpin' Ain't EZ Ft. R. Kelly - 4/5 - Nottz did his thing. Snoop/Kellz with another banger. I love this shit here. Kellz is real dope on here. That's That Shit was a bit better.
12. Luv' Drunk Ft. The-Dream - 3.25/5 This has a very Dream feel to it. Sounds like something off his album. I like Dream.
13. Special Ft. Pharrell & Brandy - 4.25/5 Smooth ass Neptunes beat. I thought this was gonna be worse due to some comments I saw. I really like this. Snoop/Pharrell got that good chemistry.
14. Outro  - N/A

Best tracks:
Secrets
Special
Pimpin Ain't EZ
I Wanna Rock
2 Minute Warning

Secrets 5/5 For me

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
I ain't heard the whole album yet but i'll say that the album is way more better than "Ego Trippin".

Way better that Secrets alone shit all over Ego Trippin  :loopaper:

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Al Bundy

Re: Snoop Dogg has become a disgrace to rap music - Tits & ass volume 2
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2009, 05:48:02 PM »
2 minute warning - Snoop probably thought oh i almost forgot about the malice part. it's not good enough though - 5/10

lmao

• Muthafuckin' OG
this is by far the worst album by snoop. 1 good track with kokane & battlecat!
the others straight garbage.. last time I heard any goods is a long time.
f**k all the akon sounds and specially the southern style.
straigt trash

Wow. You still listen to rap music mayn?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Different vibe  for a snoop album.. 2 minute warning is great but way too short, then we have 3 songs about Shante, my only issue is the track with soljah Boy and the lil jon track...other than that its a cool record, and the mixed version of Pimpin aint EZ is the shit.. good album, dont know bout the replay value. but its a good album to vibe to when u have peeps over,

Best tracks

2minute Warning
Different Languages
Pimpin Aint EZ
Special
Luv Drunk
I wanna Rock
Upside Down
Thats The Homie

I already skip the rest... good album not wat I expected for sure but its not bad

J-Func

• 'G'
  • J-Func
it sounds like snoop is trying to please everyone
i think its okay but nothing special. quite disappointing really.

Okka

It sounds good to me I guess because I'm a fan of Snoop.  Pretty fresh album after the first listen

Did you like "Ego Trippin"?