Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Malice N Wonderland (Discussion Thread Only- no asking for links)  (Read 8851 times)

• Muthafuckin' OG
Say what you say but "Ego Trippin" shits on this bullshit - hands down.

Because Ego Trippin was a quality record

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
It's not as bad as some people are saying. The thing is that it's kinda all over the place, no real vibe. If you compare it to Ego Trippin that had a vibe but Snoop sounded lazy. On this one he sounds more focused and hungry, lots of single potential also. I just wish he did more tracks like "2 Minute Warning", that track right here reminds me why Snoop is my favorite.

Have to give it more spins before I get that final feeling for the album.
that's because you like club music

Kept 3:
Code: [Select]
-2 Minute Warning
-Secrets (featuring Kokane)
-Pimpin Ain't EZ (featuring R Kelly)
out of 12
=
1.7/5 (slightly better than Ego Trippin)

Related threads;
Rate The Snoop Albums, 1-10
+
Ego Trippin is underrated (features: official magazine reviews)
+
Ego Trippin gets hated on 2 much....
+
The D.O.C; Pimpin Ain't EZ (featuring R Kelly) (Reference track for Snoop)

where's your ego trippin review topic?

MIA  ;D

it's a classic

westside159

Ego Trippin aint fuccin with Malice ..

Malice In Wonderland  >>>> Da game is sold , paid the cost , R&G , Ego Trippin albums    .......

JDillinger

• Lil Geezy
I'm willing to bet that most of the people that liked this album are under 25yrs old.

westside159

Under 25 yrs old ?  why that makes no sense you mean over 25 ..  This is a grown man westcoast sounding record ..

Special , Luv Drunk , Secrets , Different Langauges with Jazmine Sullivan = Grown Playa shit .. 

Catch up youngsta  ::) ::)

quiksta80

• 'G'
Under 25 yrs old ?  why that makes no sense you mean over 25 ..  This is a grown man westcoast sounding record ..

Special , Luv Drunk , Secrets , Different Langauges with Jazmine Sullivan = Grown Playa shit .. 

Im 30 yrs old and i aint feeling this crap one bit. Some of the content may be more mature like the ones you mentioned but the sound still seems to be aimed to a more younger crowd with songs like pronto, upside down, gangsta luv. and on top of that how is he gonna throw a 5 yr old track like special on this album when it only consists of 12 songs...if you ask me snoop be a lazy bastard and he needs to retire already if hes gonna continue to put out mediocore crap.

JDillinger

• Lil Geezy
I'm one the oldest bastards on this forum.....I grew up during the NWA days.....this record has the sound like all the other cookie cutter shit that they play on radio. Like I said in my previous post Snoop is trying to sell albums that is why this shit sounds the way it does.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:28:08 AM by JDillinger »

JDillinger

• Lil Geezy

Im 30 yrs old and i aint feeling this crap one bit. Some of the content may be more mature like the ones you mentioned but the sound still seems to be aimed to a more younger crowd with songs like pronto, upside down, gangsta luv. and on top of that how is he gonna throw a 5 yr old track like special on this album when it only consists of 12 songs...if you ask me snoop be a lazy bastard and he needs to retire already if hes gonna continue to put out mediocore crap.
I knew it

Dogg Ly Dogg

Well after like 4,5 listens I think this is the worst Snoop Dogg album ever and this not because of quality music, because it dont sound
like an album, to me it sounds like a bunch of different songs (sometimes old) that he puts together to make a (half)full lenght disc
It was supposed to have a concept but to me the only concept I feel is the dedication to his wife thats all...
Now if we're talkin about THE music, half on the disc aint album material to me... songs like "I Wanna Rock", "Pronto", "Thats Tha Homie" sound like mixtape tracks
I think that Lil Jon track is coo but still dont fit a Snoop album, both Terrace Martin songs are coo depsite the fact that we know the dude can do much better
Both Dream songs are coo but one song should have been enough on the record... R. Kelly song has a different mixing so its a lil bit weird
The R&G leftover is coo but its an old song  ??? same thing for Secrets even if its definitely my favorite song on the album
And ok that Jazmine Sullivan assisted track is off the chain and I think its the only record that deserve to be on the album cause I really feel like its a "REAL PROPER" song
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:37:49 AM by George Brown »

Jome

Ego Trippin aint fuccin with Malice ..

Malice In Wonderland  >>>> Da game is sold , paid the cost , R&G , Ego Trippin albums    .......

lol, part of the reason nobody can take you serious.  :D

Snoop should retire after releasing 2 garbage albums in a row, or beg Dre to executive produce his next album, cuz Snoop obviously can't pick tracks/beats or guests for shit.

JDillinger

• Lil Geezy

lol, part of the reason nobody can take you serious.  :D

Snoop should retire after releasing 2 garbage albums in a row, or beg Dre to executive produce his next album, cuz Snoop obviously can't pick tracks/beats or guests for shit.

>:( Yeah don't forget how he fucked up the 213 album....if I recall Didn't he choose the majority of the producers. I might be wrong

Hendo

• 'G'
1800, Luv Drunk and Different Languages are the songs i enjoy the most.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
I dont blame Snoop. I blame all the A&R, and the minds behind this project...like wtf were they thinking. they keep fucking on Snoops legacy,  like who encouraged Snoop to get Soljah Boy on there, who decided to put old songs on there,  who doesnt want to spend money on high budget videos, its still a mystery to me, dude got great producers on his team, he got his own band, he could have been easy for him to drop a classic. but he keeps fucking up,   I dont know what he is trying to prove seriously, 

Snoop needs a big change, and good guidance, cuz this album is his worst. not in terms of songs but songs dont flow well there aint no vibe...

Im disapointed really best song is Different Languages

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
I haven't listened to all the tracks yet, will get around to it on Sunday, but wow this shiit is hella disappointing.  And I thought Ego Trippin' was a disaster...so far this sounds like a disc straight for the $2 bin on its first week out.

I've listened to the tracks y'all have been giving positive reviews of so far, and what are you guys smoking?  "Secrets" is just plain and boring and has no musical progression (chord progression on the beat), Kokane doesn't harmonize at all memorably so he just sounds...there...Snoop is ok but also he's just on the track like whatever...

Different Languages has a nice beat but it sounds suitable for Ego Trippin...and again the subject matter is boring and nothing worth investing any effort as a listener to "get into" the track.

2 minute warning is just too short to even get into.

And that was my reaction so far to the alleged good songs  :o

This could turn out to be Snoop's worst album.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

phatj

dubcnn needs to tell snoop read the discussion forum on malice n wonderland
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2009, 07:27:43 PM »
agree or not