Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Malice N Wonderland (Discussion Thread Only- no asking for links)  (Read 8857 times)

Al Bundy

Re: Snoop Dogg - Malice N Wonderland (Discussion Thread Only- no asking for link
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2009, 11:46:52 PM »
Dubcc is not always the best place to formulate a opinion from others on music.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Snoop Dogg - Malice N Wonderland (Discussion Thread Only- no asking for link
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2009, 01:05:03 AM »
correction: music is personal

Portugoal

I dont blame Snoop. I blame all the A&R, and the minds behind this project...like wtf were they thinking. they keep fucking on Snoops legacy,  like who encouraged Snoop to get Soljah Boy on there,

Not too long ago Snoop said that the music Soulja Boy makes is not for him. He said that he doesn't like it, but that he understands that the younger generation likes it. :-\ Snoop doesn't even like the kid's music, but the kid manages to get on Snoop's album.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2009, 01:28:46 AM »
different language is my favorite track.
pronto is sum bulllshit ass track ... soulja bitches verse prob be the worst verse of 2009 my dog can spit dat shit ..get the fuck outta here...

i reckon its just a FEEL GOOD album fo ppl .... good to give it spin when your doin nuthin...

JohnnyL

I haven't had a chance to listen yet.  I'll probably check out the clips on amazon.com and, if anything, just buy the songs that I like.  I was concerned about how this album was going to turn out, and unfortunately, after reading some of the posts on here, I'm afraid I may have been right.  And it's not as though I'm a "Snoop Dogg hater." Over the years, I'd say I've bought most of his albums. I would like to see Snoop do well.  It would be great if he dropped another classic album.  But even back when the track list for this was posted, it looked to me as though this might not be the kind of Snoop album that I would be interested in hearing.  I have to admit, I kind of do like the single.  But on the other hand, if it is at all indicative of how the entire album sounds, I don't know if I could take an entire Snoop album that sounds like that.  I will still check it out, but I just get the feeling that this is going to mostly sound like an overly commercial, poppy sounding album.  I guess those that have already listened to it can tell me whether or not I'm right or wrong about that. 

I say check it out definitely before you decide to buy it. Dubcc is not always the best place to formulate a opinion from others on music.

Yeah.  That's a pretty good point.  I'm still going to check it out before I make any final judgment on it.  I wish I could say that I'm excited to hear it, but that's not really the case.  I think with Snoop's albums, I'm usually able to find at least a few songs on each album that I like.  I'm hoping there will be at least a few on this one, as well.

westside159

Ego Trippin didnt have replay value ,  Malice In Wonderland does ..   Much better than Ego Trippin definately

salkku

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ''I flip flop and serve hoes with a fat dick''
I don't understand how some people can say this is better than Ego Trippin. That album  have much replay value this album doesn't even come close to Ego Trippin.
''Why does niggas want to act funny with the money'' - DAZ

''Now if it wasn't for the West,
these rap niggas wouldn't need a vest around they chest'' - Xzibit

''you must be one of our European posters...Egypt or Moscow'' - Chamillitary Click

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: dubcnn needs to tell snoop read the discussion forum on malice n wonderland
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2009, 08:52:28 AM »
Well... Snoop knows the word on the street. He will come back with a fresh new album next year that we all like. I really believe that. If not... It's over for him. And I'm a big Snoop fan.

The problem is that I was thinking the same thing after Ego Trippin...I'm starting to think Snoop really has lost it, and I've always been a big supporter of him.  Blue Carpet has a real possibility of being the last good album he ever puts out, because I'm not sure, after 2 disastrous albums in a row, that he has the skill to make a good album anymore.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Re: dubcnn needs to tell snoop read the discussion forum on malice n wonderland
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2009, 09:01:50 AM »
Well... Snoop knows the word on the street. He will come back with a fresh new album next year that we all like. I really believe that. If not... It's over for him. And I'm a big Snoop fan.

Really? Sounds like he didn't listen to the poor feedback Ego Tripping got. He got it right with "Blue Carpet Treatment" and he got the feedback too. Snoop wants to make shit that sells, I honestly believe he could give a fuck about his fans opinions, if he did, he would make a whole Westcoast album with Battlecat, Fred Wreck, Dre and the usual suspects

but he'd piss off fans of his poppy neptunes material which is a much bigger fanbase then his hard core g-funk enthusiastics

i don't even have to listen to this album to know its a fuck up. lil jon and soulja boy c'mon snoop. still i listened to the kokane and battlecat song and it proves to me hes still capable. snoops always been on and off so i figure he'll get another album right sooner or later.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Snoop definitely still has it in him but he needs guidance desperately. And people need to stop acting like BCT was great, another album that was all over the place filled with fillers, "Imagine" was the only song worth keeping in the 2nd half of the album. Not to mention that the whole cd had zero replay value. Rhythm and Gangsta was the last Snoop album that was dope.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Snoop definitely still has it in him but he needs guidance desperately. And people need to stop acting like BCT was great, another album that was all over the place filled with fillers, "Imagine" was the only song worth keeping in the 2nd half of the album. Not to mention that the whole cd had zero replay value. Rhythm and Gangsta was the last Snoop album that was dope.
It was a great CD & Imagine is overrated, there's a whole bunch of songs on that CD that are better. People need to get it through their heads that songs without Dre can actually be better than songs with him ;)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell

Loved BCT up to the Dubb Union track then it went downhill from there excluding the last song and Imagine.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2009, 09:26:49 AM »
correction: music is personal

Yeah it is but I have seen it happen too many times with albums that are leaked early. One week it is the worst album ever made and the next week people call the same album classic.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Just listened to the whole album, and wow -- it's atrocious.  No great songs, one good song (Different Languages), some average songs, including Secrets (boring singing and Snoop is too quick for the beat), Two Minute Warning (ok mixtape track), That's tha Homie, Upside Down...and the rest are below average.

At least Ego Trippin had two great songs (Neva Have 2 Worry and Can't Say Goodbye) and one good song (Press Play), and the rest were around average.

All in all, no contest, Mietek is correct as usual -- Ego Trippin shiits on this...and that's saying something, because Ego Trippin itself doesn't hold a candle to Blue Carpet Treatment or R&G or the ones before it.

Admittedly, I never purchased or even bothered to listen to "Da Game is to be Sold," but having said that, this is certifiably Snoop's worst album.  And for the first time in a decade, I'm not buying Snoop's new album.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

theres 3-4 songs towards the end i'm not that big on but the other songs are good enough to make up for it. i really like which one of you thats beats funky as hell. imagines good but i agree theres better shit on the album. i didnt like have a talk with god at all. its a great album imo. first 2/3 is straight heat.