Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Malice N Wonderland (Discussion Thread Only- no asking for links)  (Read 8868 times)

heat

• 'G'
Re: Snoop Dogg - Malice N Wonderland (Discussion Thread Only- no asking for link
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2009, 01:52:22 AM »
It's a good album I never hate on a Snoop album these days. This is easier for all ages and groups to listen than Ego.. I think this will sell way better than Ego Trippin just because of dat! Whole buncha nice songs on here the first ten songs I can listen to all the way through without a skip, that's fuckin sweat.. My hat off to Snoop once again, chuuch!

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
i expected this to suck but its even worse than i thought

a couple of ok songs

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
album is really dope

can't front even the soulja boy track isn't bad.  2min warning proves no one on the west can fukk with Snoop

8.5/10 a couple days of bumping this

since the other thread got locked:

Long Beach Is Active, dude, u gotta stop being biased when it comes to Snoop, he is without a doubt one of the best artists since forever, but with this album he just went the wrong way and fucked up. I mean its clear that dude is your favorite artist, there is too many of us here that feel the same and follow Snoop since day one, but what makes you a good fan is also ability to drop some real criticism when its time for it, and this is definitely that time. This album is too short, has too many weak songs, too many shitty cheap southern sounding beats, has no concept at all..etc etc. He should have stayed with the formula that he used when he made Last Meal and even BCT. I mean what the fuck was he thinking when he decided with his AnRs that songs like Protocol and Word Of A Gangsta wont be on the album, and put the crap like Thats The Homie on it. West/Snoop sound can evolve like dudes said but not like that, I dont want to listen some dumb shallow songs with cheap ass sounding beats on Snoops album, dude is too good for that, he proved it with songs like Protocol, Word Of A Gangsta, 2 Minute Warning, Secrets...

Songs that are album worthy are: 2 Minute Warning, Secrets, Pimpin Aint Eazy and maybe Different Languages....
he already admitted that Snoop fell off, just not in those words ;)

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
its not a banger...those who want to force it on themselves can only do it for so long...but u will not bump this couple of months from now

as opposed to the oldies that u can STILL bump

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That Was Then This Is Now > G Files >>>>> Malice N Wonderland
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

• Muthafuckin' OG
That Was Then This Is Now > G Files >>>>> Malice N Wonderland

lol

The Sorrow aka Maurice

• Muthafuckin' OG
damn what wrong with the people who said  ego trippin is a quality album...  malice n wonderland is with ego trippin the worst album ever made in rap..those albums are ever worser than a fu***g 50 cent album and I can't even listen 10 seconds of 50 cent! people who are enjoying this music go better buy a ne-yo album or something,
compaire these albums for example with ''the last meal'' or someting then you know it's every album a little bit worser..
he needs beats on his album like the album '' kurupt and roscoe - tha tekneek files''

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
damn what wrong with the people who said  ego trippin is a quality album...  malice n wonderland is with ego trippin the worst album ever made in rap..those albums are ever worser than a fu***g 50 cent album and I can't even listen 10 seconds of 50 cent! people who are enjoying this music go better buy a ne-yo album or something,
compaire these albums for example with ''the last meal'' or someting then you know it's every album a little bit worser..
he needs beats on his album like the album '' kurupt and roscoe - tha tekneek files''

ego trippin was good pop album

KrazySumwhat

I wouldnt go that far, i like chino xl, raskass, heiro, sadat x, slaugher house, sunz of man, etc but no ne-yo shit, but i lkel ego trippin an malice. Differant tastes, mine is not as closed minded as it was when i was younger, but i aint gonna listen to a whole album of r&b.
 I like alot of differant types of hip hop/rap, dofferant types for differant moods.

MistaNova

I just gave this a listen, not as bad as everyone was saying it was. Coarse I didn't know what to expect and stopped listening to any leaks since Gangsta Luv.

Secrets and Luv Drunk I've been playing for a while now. Plus I'm just glad that compared to Ego Trippin' Snoop's dedications to his wife are at a minimum.

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
im disappointed, worst snoop album  :-[

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
If "Different Languages" is the consensus best song on the album, then I don't need to waste my time listening to the rest.

true and true
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Hey Long Beach, do you write for Allmusic? ???

Review   by Gregory Heaney

On his tenth album (and first as the chairman of Priority Records), Snoop Dogg continues to prove hes not a relic of the G-funk era, proving that while the music may change, good flow never goes out of style. Right out of the gate, Snoop drops a song for the West Coast Jerkin set with I Wanna Rock before switching gears back to classic Snoop with the Dre-inspired 2 Minute Warning, where the rapper lets everyone know hes still the same Snoop Dogg after all these years as he proclaims, Ponytail still swingin, hair still braided/Laker to a Clipper I wont be faded. With production by Lil Jon, Timbaland, Danjahandz, Battlecat, and the Neptunes (just to name a handful), its no wonder the album sounds like not only a retrospective of every stage of his career, but of the trends in rap music as a whole. With the album touching on his G-funk beginnings with Secrets, crunk on the Lil Jon-produced 1800, the Dirty South on the Soulja Boy collaboration Pronto, and his time on the Neptunes-fronted Star Trak on Special (featuring guest spots by Pharrell and Brandy), Snoop Dogg is able to prove simultaneously that hes still relevant while showing off his veteran status. With all the big production on the album, it comes as a bit of a surprise that Snoop shines the brightest on the sparse Upside Down (produced by longtime Snoop collaborator Terrance Martin). Sounding like a throwback to Drop It Like Its Hot, the simple arrangement allows Snoops easy flow to sit front and center, showing off the effortless style that's kept him in the rap game for nearly half of his life. Malice N Wonderland might not go into the books as a perennial classic like Doggystyle, but like R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece and PAID|THA|COST|TO|BE|DPaid Tha Cost To Be Da Bo$$$ before it, the album serves as a reminder of the flexibility and resilience that have allowed Snoop Dogg to remain an enduring figure in hip-hop.

Rating: 4/5 Stars

G-Funk

Basically sounds like he tried different styles all in one album.
With the dirty south, crunk, r&b. Secrets sounds like it'd be on Tha Last Meal, and Special is a R&G leftover so I've heard. ???
I was disappointed with the Lil Jon produced track, I thought it would be better.

I kept 7 tracks I liked which are:

I Wanna Rock (favorite track out of the whole album)
Different Languages
Gangsta Luv
Upside Down
Secrets
Pimpin Ain't EZ
Special

Some were good but I didn't keep em because they sounded average like any song you'd probably hear at a club or a party.
Anyway, out of the 14 track number, I'll say, eh it's straight.

Lunatic

Songs that are album worthy are: 2 Minute Warning, Secrets, Pimpin Aint Eazy and maybe Different Languages....
Pretty much. Add "I Wanna Rock" to my list. "Different Languages" is decent but could have been a lot better. I fuck with "Special" as well. Very average album. Probably his worst album.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com