Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Malice N Wonderland (Discussion Thread Only- no asking for links)  (Read 8880 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Review   by Gregory Heaney

On his tenth album (and first as the chairman of Priority Records), Snoop Dogg continues to prove hes not a relic of the G-funk era, proving that while the music may change, good flow never goes out of style. Right out of the gate, Snoop drops a song for the West Coast Jerkin set with I Wanna Rock before switching gears back to classic Snoop with the Dre-inspired 2 Minute Warning, where the rapper lets everyone know hes still the same Snoop Dogg after all these years as he proclaims, Ponytail still swingin, hair still braided/Laker to a Clipper I wont be faded. With production by Lil Jon, Timbaland, Danjahandz, Battlecat, and the Neptunes (just to name a handful), its no wonder the album sounds like not only a retrospective of every stage of his career, but of the trends in rap music as a whole. With the album touching on his G-funk beginnings with Secrets, crunk on the Lil Jon-produced 1800, the Dirty South on the Soulja Boy collaboration Pronto, and his time on the Neptunes-fronted Star Trak on Special (featuring guest spots by Pharrell and Brandy), Snoop Dogg is able to prove simultaneously that hes still relevant while showing off his veteran status. With all the big production on the album, it comes as a bit of a surprise that Snoop shines the brightest on the sparse Upside Down (produced by longtime Snoop collaborator Terrance Martin). Sounding like a throwback to Drop It Like Its Hot, the simple arrangement allows Snoops easy flow to sit front and center, showing off the effortless style that's kept him in the rap game for nearly half of his life. Malice N Wonderland might not go into the books as a perennial classic like Doggystyle, but like R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece and PAID|THA|COST|TO|BE|DPaid Tha Cost To Be Da Bo$$$ before it, the album serves as a reminder of the flexibility and resilience that have allowed Snoop Dogg to remain an enduring figure in hip-hop.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:dbfixzraldhe
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Shit I never saw it that way.. album is actually a retrospective of his career production wize!

Okka

I like the album, even though most of the tracks on it are "club" tracks. He should have included "Protocol" and "World Of A Gangsta" as bonus tracks. Didn't somebody say that he gonna re-release the album with 7 new tracks? Does anybody have the tracklist of the re-release?

Chad Vader

I like the album, even though most of the tracks on it are "club" tracks. He should have included "Protocol" and "World Of A Gangsta" as bonus tracks.

Didn't somebody say that he gonna re-release the album with 7 new tracks?

Does anybody have the tracklist of the re-release?

;

Bought the deluxe edition a couple of hours ago and it came with a t-shirt, 9 track sampler of some of Priority's greatest hits over the years and a flyer that says this.....

More Malice:
Malice N Wonderland 2
Special CD/DVD combo

featuring the original movie, Malice N Wonderland and 7 new songs

coming soon.  >:( ;D