Author Topic: How can you even like someone with a name like ''Gucci Mane''??  (Read 685 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: How can you even like someone with a name like ''Gucci Mane''??
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2009, 04:59:01 PM »

But I'm not blaming the South, cuz they also brought us:

UGK, Outkast, Three 6 Mafia, Geto Boys, 8Ball & MJG etc killed it

And I'd add artists like Chamillionaire, Trae, Z-Ro, T.I., Devin, Scarface, Ludacris..

:raisetheroof:

kemizt

Al Bundy

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Gucci Mane drops his share of wack material and so does just about every other mainstream artist out, you need to dig to find the decent or dope stuff... he may not be the best lyrically but he's entertaining and can make some bangin' tunes

I would put money on it that 99% of this board at least deep down half way enjoys one Gucci track or feature and just doesn't want to admit it because it's the "cool" thing to do, but it is what it is

and for the record I don't like Gucci as an overall artist, same with Lil' Wayne and half these new rappers, but I can at least admit when they did come correct on songs

So the question is....why listen to mainstream rappers who drop mostly whack material when you can listen to more underground rappers with better track records?

I don't listen to mainstream rappers that much, in fact the most "mainstream" albums I even bought this year were 50 and Kid Cudi... and those were dope albums, I guess you could throw in UGK and Maino too since they had some radio play... as far as other mainstream rappers go why is it wrong to like a few of their tracks and admit to it, rather than just bashing them to fit in on a message board to appear as a "real rap" fan or "hip hop head"? I could give a fuck about other peoples' opinions or if they don't like mine, if I like the music I like the music, and I'm open about it... I listen to everything from UGK to Wu-Tang to Maino to Mac Dre to some Gucci Mane/Wayne to Slaughterhouse... my musical taste is very wide and varied and I could say probably more than half this board's who limit themselves to a certain style

Al Bundy knows what it is

people just like to argue their opinion on forums like their opinion is a god send to the "non-real hip-hop heads." forums in particular are filled with these pseudo hip-hop intellectuals that have their head so far up their ass i don't see how they can even enjoy music.

Blood$

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Gucci Mane drops his share of wack material and so does just about every other mainstream artist out, you need to dig to find the decent or dope stuff... he may not be the best lyrically but he's entertaining and can make some bangin' tunes

I would put money on it that 99% of this board at least deep down half way enjoys one Gucci track or feature and just doesn't want to admit it because it's the "cool" thing to do, but it is what it is

and for the record I don't like Gucci as an overall artist, same with Lil' Wayne and half these new rappers, but I can at least admit when they did come correct on songs

So the question is....why listen to mainstream rappers who drop mostly whack material when you can listen to more underground rappers with better track records?

I don't listen to mainstream rappers that much, in fact the most "mainstream" albums I even bought this year were 50 and Kid Cudi... and those were dope albums, I guess you could throw in UGK and Maino too since they had some radio play... as far as other mainstream rappers go why is it wrong to like a few of their tracks and admit to it, rather than just bashing them to fit in on a message board to appear as a "real rap" fan or "hip hop head"? I could give a fuck about other peoples' opinions or if they don't like mine, if I like the music I like the music, and I'm open about it... I listen to everything from UGK to Wu-Tang to Maino to Mac Dre to some Gucci Mane/Wayne to Slaughterhouse... my musical taste is very wide and varied and I could say probably more than half this board's who limit themselves to a certain style

Al Bundy knows what it is

Gucci's verse on that crime wave track looked dope when I read it, but his delivery and vocals just have no presence, that shit sounds like a blend hard. Props for trying though lol

it's all goodie  8)

MacDubs

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2009, 02:56:55 PM »
Gucci Mane real name Radric Davis. Have you ever listened to his music?? didan't think so. He talks about moving bricks. Not one, not two, but multiples. So if you can compeat then speak up, but if not stfu, you'se a pussy and everybody can see it

Blood$

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »
He talks about moving bricks. Not one, not two, but multiples. So if you can compeat then speak up

I can move up to 4 bricks on a good day  8)