Author Topic: Eminem - Relapse: Refill (Discussion Thread- no asking for links)  (Read 3592 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Eminem - Relapse: Refill (Discussion Thread- no asking for links)
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2009, 02:31:51 PM »
i think

buffalo bill, hell breaks loose, and music box should have replaced 3 of the weaker tracks on relapse...

all 3 are impressive, i think i like buffalo bill the best...i could see em doing a vid remake of "Silence of the lambs" on sum big budget shit being classic

They could have done this but these tracks on Refill were supposed to be on the original Relapse II before they started re-recording in Hawaii this summer. And if these tracks which are really pretty good ended up on Refill, imagine the level of RII. I'm sure this is going to be one of his best albums.

You read his latest interview with Complex? He was saying how Relapse was what it was because the drugs were still in his system and he just wanted to prove he could still spit. He said he wants to make some classic shit for the new album, not just tracks where you say "whoa that line was dope". He said he still doesn't think he's made a perfect album, and hopes Relapse 2 can be that. I've got high hopes for this next ish...
i wouldn't count on propaganda though

the end of Buffalo Bill is fucking ill. 8)

i just wish the hook was better.
oh well, at least it's not like 3 am

You did not like the hook on 3 am? That shit was dope.
i couldn't stand the vocals on the whole song actually :-\

Jaydc

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »
Bass brothers better be on relapse 2.Id rather hear an entire em album produced by them then dre or anyone else.Their styles mesh well together.

They definitely need some presence but a whole album would become to rock sounding. I don't think I'd want to hear an album of Lose Yourself rebours. I think Dre is probably better when it comes to doing a whole album.

I think they switch their style up enough.Go listen to slim shady lp again,very little rock presence on their tracks.Also check out king gordys album the entity some great productions on that as well.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »
i think

buffalo bill, hell breaks loose, and music box should have replaced 3 of the weaker tracks on relapse...

all 3 are impressive, i think i like buffalo bill the best...i could see em doing a vid remake of "Silence of the lambs" on sum big budget shit being classic

They could have done this but these tracks on Refill were supposed to be on the original Relapse II before they started re-recording in Hawaii this summer. And if these tracks which are really pretty good ended up on Refill, imagine the level of RII. I'm sure this is going to be one of his best albums.

You read his latest interview with Complex? He was saying how Relapse was what it was because the drugs were still in his system and he just wanted to prove he could still spit. He said he wants to make some classic shit for the new album, not just tracks where you say "whoa that line was dope". He said he still doesn't think he's made a perfect album, and hopes Relapse 2 can be that. I've got high hopes for this next ish...
i wouldn't count on propaganda though

the end of Buffalo Bill is fucking ill. 8)

i just wish the hook was better.
oh well, at least it's not like 3 am

This is straight from Em's mouth though, I dunno the whole interview came off very honest, it was a damn good one. Proof will be in the pudding though

Matty

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2009, 06:22:40 PM »
the instrumental for 'Drop The Bomb On 'Em' reminds me of the beat for 'Straight To The Bank', which was ill too 8)

The Watcher

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2009, 07:04:18 PM »
buffalo bill is probably my favourite of the tracks so far. em's rhymes are ill and dre delivers another monster beats. im really diggin the whole dark-eerie church vibe to it.

his flow on the 2nd verse of 'hell breaks loose' is bananas, the lyrics are fucking dope also;

Now I know your feeling discouraged but homie just mark my words,
A murderer in the flow, liquid courage im finna blow
as soon as we hit the door power surges head to toe
I’m sure to push it as far as words are meant to go,
we’re in the indigo Winnebago with tinted windows,
ferocious as we proceed to beat up the block widcha hoe,
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2009, 11:15:42 PM »
as long as Eminem gets rid of the Herman Flow, Chris Reeves disses, and moronic subject matter/metaphors he'll be iight

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2009, 01:25:25 AM »
i just want the new songs. fuck buyin relapse all over again for a bonus disc

Paul

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2009, 05:14:34 AM »
Im liking Buffalo Bill the best

Music Box is awsome also
funkyfreshintheflesh

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2009, 05:55:37 AM »
finally listenned to it properly last night : headphones, weed, couple beers before, no light...
Shit was insane. Dre is killing hell breaks loose with his new flow. All the productions are on another level, just as perfect as the relapse ones...
i cant help but think about how detox will sound incredible when i listen to these sicks beats.
Though, some of the instrumentals have very simple looped melodies, its just done perfectly and kills everything else.

The D.O.C and

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2009, 06:12:32 AM »
Dre's faster flow sounded horrible.  It reminded me of Joe Budden on the first track of Slaughterhouse.  They both just get outshined by the others on the track. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2009, 06:43:11 AM »
i just want the new songs. fuck buyin relapse all over again for a bonus disc
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Jay_J

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2009, 04:54:05 PM »
I hope Dre still features largely on the Relapse 2 beats. I'm hungry for those Just Blaze beats but Em works really well with Dre. Shame Em doesn't use the Bass Brothers as much cause they usually lace him with hot beats.

i agree with you, thats what i've been saying for years, Dont forget the songs like "Cleaning Out My Closet", "Superman", "Without Me", "Criminal", "Marshal Mathers", "Beautiful", "Still Dont Give A Fuck", and many songs too which Bass Brothers were all on em... If Eminem want to make a huge come back, he better start working with Bass Brothers again oftenly, we dont want to hear Em on Just Blaze beats, we loved him when he was rapping on Bass Brothers beats as Slim Shady. But he's just Eminem right now... Slim Shady also left him when he left Bass Brothers...

By the wy, the latest unknown joints of Bass Brothers' i've heard were these;

Bizzare - Fat Boy
King Gordy - The Gift and The Curse
Trick Trick - Crazy
Down To Earth(4 songs of this album) - Jem
50 Cent - Peep Show
Cashis - Lac Motion
Lil Scrappy - Lord Have Mercy
Tony Yayo - Drama Setter

Especially you should listen King Gordy's "the gift and the curse"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 05:12:42 PM by Cey_Cey »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2009, 04:56:02 PM »
I hope Dre still features largely on the Relapse 2 beats. I'm hungry for those Just Blaze beats but Em works really well with Dre. Shame Em doesn't use the Bass Brothers as much cause they usually lace him with hot beats.

i agree with you, thats what i've been saying for years, Dont forget the songs like "Cleaning Out My Closet", "Superman", "Without Me", "Criminal", "Marshal Mathers", "Beautiful", "Still Dont Give A Fuck", and many songs too which Bass Brothers were all on em... If Eminem want to make a huge come back, he better start working with Bass Brothers more, we dont want to hear Em on Just Blaze beats, we loved him when he was rapping on Bass Brothers beats as Slim Shady. But he's just Eminem right now... Slim Shady also left him like he left Bass Brothers...

Marshall Mathers & Still Don't Give A Fuck are two of my favorite Slim songs ever. 8)

agreed with a comeback of the Bass Brothers. 8)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2009, 05:34:13 PM »
How are you going to judge Em and Just Blaze chemistry until you've heard something from them? 

Just Blaze has mad potential -
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Blood$

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2009, 05:37:49 PM »
I gave this a listen last night, Dre had some pretty dope production but I wasn't feeling Eminem on the tracks at all  :-\

Relapse scraps for sure