Author Topic: Sega Sports To Stop Production On Game For Gamecube  (Read 179 times)

Big BpG

Sega Sports To Stop Production On Game For Gamecube
« on: November 20, 2002, 02:03:51 PM »
that's right... next year you will not see any Sega Sports titles on the gamecube... here's the article

After announcing slumping financial results, Sega of Japan announces that it won't continue to develop sports games for all consoles.

Earlier today in Japan, Sega released its financial results for the last six months, which showed that its operating profit was down 20 percent from the previous year, with revenue down 3 percent. The company still posted a net profit of 1.01 billion yen (about $8 million). Sega said it has been harder than expected to become a cross-platform publisher, and that its initial plans to transition from its hardware-based model were overly optimistic.
A Dow Jones report said that Sega is focusing on improving profits in its "loss-making" sports game operations in the US, which Sega has had big hopes for. While Sega doesn't plan to back down from its fierce competition with Electronic Arts on other platforms, it will completely halt GameCube sports game development as of next year.  

also... on the ps2... EA's madden is currently outselling NFL2k3 ... 8 to 1... for every NFL2k3 game sold...... 8 madden copies are sold... their best franchise... NBA2k3..... is even being outsold by NBA Live 2003.... their sales are best on the Xbox, where you can play their games online, but starting next year... EA brings online play to Xbox Live...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Sega Sports To Stop Production On Game For Gamecube
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 04:09:38 PM »
lol @ Gamecube

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Sega Sports To Stop Production On Game For Gamecube
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 04:10:23 PM »
this is also gonna be dope nextyear when EA games go online wit XBOX

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24