Author Topic: Mastering????  (Read 109 times)

DJ_Jay_Deee

Mastering????
« on: March 01, 2003, 11:34:40 PM »
I was wondering if anyone could give me any info about mastering ur songs.
What is involved, what programs are best, etc. I would apperciate any help, peace.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2003, 11:35:17 PM by Jay-D aka Skud »

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
Re:Mastering????
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 01:33:40 AM »
well all depends on how much editing u trying to do while u mastering but cooledit pro works fine for me i know there's better shit out there though

yung-g

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Tha West Coast Aint Dead !!!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 09:31:40 PM »
i heard that itz better to take your songs to a studio and get them mastered with their equipment. thatz how i'm doin all my songs in a few weeks. but there was a good program out called "t-racks or t-rack" somethin like that. go to musiciansfriend.com, search through their software, and you should find some shit.
COMING SOON:

Featuring: Keak da Sneak, Jacka & Husalah (Mob Figaz), Bushwick Bill (Get Boys),
Mistah FAB, & more.
***INCLUDES BONUS DVD***

KonSICKwence

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • STRAIGHT PIMP... what else is there to say?
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 11:20:37 PM »
yeah i heard t-racks whaz da fuckin shit!

mastering isnt anything without mixing ... if you wanna have good sound learn how to mix your shit. .. like when you record (if you buy beats) make sure you have the producer hook you with the individual trackings ( hit hats on one , snares ont he next kicks on the next etc.) .. then you can adjust them to your vocals and your vocals to them before you master cuz an effect or filters on poorly mixed project will sound like shit! .. you cant really explain how to mix to someone either you just gotta go with the flow whatever sounds good at a certain level...   then once you got your mixing down then worry abotu mastering...

this forum really isnt one to hit up about this question ... try www.undergroundhiphop.com and hit up the producer board.

pz

1 love

...KonSICKwence...
TEXT KonSICKwence's Ineffable Productionz... http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=24092 ..thanx..pz  .[/glow]