Author Topic: questions bout "westside story" with a snoop verse? (no audio)  (Read 1384 times)

dj_jjaxa

• Lil Geezy
Re: questions bout "westside story" with a snoop verse? (no audio)
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
I always bumped Snoops version. He just fits the theme of the song better. I don't think he did that terrible of a job. I could never get into the 50 version knowing Snoop was on the OG.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2009, 07:04:55 PM »
yeah no doubt i mean both versions are aite....but i think snoops version and snoops style fits that song better than what 50 made outta it
but yeah if 50 were better on hooks then maybe the song could have been much bigger than it was...possibly a bigger single cuz they never shot a video for it or it wasnt even a single right?
but regardless i think if it was made better and more work was put in it could have been maybe the top 3 highlights of the album

btw:what if any hook has 50 done well in your opinion?
even if the rider part 2 wasnt autotune it still be wack cuz its almost impossible for 50 to pull off a dope hook

now on the other hand game can do some cool hooks but hate it or love it wasnt the bidness imo (i jus hate that song period)

he is one of he wackest rappers to do hooks and many would agree with some not...but if i say he makes wack hooks or cant make hooks period but can rap, how am i a hater? lol
lol^^^^^

cuz im sayin snoops version is better?  da fuck? lol

No because you called him one of the wackest rappers that tries to do hooks.  Sniff! Sniff! Hater!

Game can do cool hooks?  What?  Are you kidding me?

50 hooks > > > > > Game's hooks

Game tries to do hooks where as 50 can do hooks.  

I agree West Side Story can be improved.  It would make more sense to have Snoop on vocals for the hook.  I honestly don't have a problem with either vocals laid.  The third verse of the song is pointless.  It's all filler.

How do you hate Hate It or Love It?  That's easily the best single Game has had in his career.   Additionally, it's a dope relatively introspective track; there's far too little that get single status.  

Dope 50 hooks:

Pearly Gates (Mobb Deep song Ft. 50)
Have A Part (Mobb Deep Ft. 50 & Nate Dogg)
Hate It or Love It (Game Ft. 50)
How We Do (Game Ft. 50)

Most of Get Rich or Die Trying, The Massacre, & Get Rich or Die Trying soundtrack had dope hooks.  His hook game started getting weak with Curtis and continued to get weaker on BISD (but still is better than most). 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:10:49 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2009, 07:09:36 PM »
nah i jus dont like that song and that slow shit...
hate it or love it the games on....

nah i jus cant get into that song...might be his best song somehow but jus not feelin it
but yeah i prefer games hooks rather than 50's and by no means is game the best at hooks
jus between the two game wins IMO
game might try and do the hook true....but it turns out better than what 50 tries, and 50 tries hard to do the hook by still sounds wack

whats the best 50 hook in your opinion?

yeah no doubt i mean both versions are aite....but i think snoops version and snoops style fits that song better than what 50 made outta it
but yeah if 50 were better on hooks then maybe the song could have been much bigger than it was...possibly a bigger single cuz they never shot a video for it or it wasnt even a single right?
but regardless i think if it was made better and more work was put in it could have been maybe the top 3 highlights of the album

even if the rider part 2 wasnt autotune it still be wack cuz its almost impossible for 50 to pull off a dope hook

now on the other hand game can do some cool hooks but hate it or love it wasnt the bidness imo (i jus hate that song period)

he is one of he wackest rappers to do hooks and many would agree with some not...but if i say he makes wack hooks or cant make hooks period but can rap, how am i a hater? lol
lol^^^^^

No because you called him one of the wackest rappers that tries to do hooks.  Sniff! Sniff! Hater!

I agree West Side Story can be improved.  It would make more sense to have Snoop on vocals for the hook.  I honestly don't have a problem with either vocals laid.  The third verse of the song is pointless.  It's all filler.

How do you hate Hate It or Love It?  That's easily the best single Game has had in his career.   Additionally, it's a dope relatively introspective track; there's far too little that get single status.  
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2009, 07:13:57 PM »

nah i jus cant get into that song...might be his best song somehow but jus not feelin it
but yeah i prefer games hooks rather than 50's and by no means is game the best at hooks
game might try and do the hook true....but it turns out better than what 50 tries, and 50 tries hard to do the hook by still sounds wack

lol^^^^^

My favourite 50 hook is off Pearly Gates but that's because it's on some real shit.   Whether it's the best one he does is up in the air.  According to popular opinion his best hook would be In Da Club (because it's his biggest song).  Technically, I wouldn't be able to tell you.   I don't write or record music so if someone who does can tell me why I'm wrong or what's wrong with 50 hooks, do it.  I'm all for education.

I'm willing to bet more people think 50 is better at hooks than Game is.
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »
aite see there it is
in da club might have been one of the biggest singles this n that but the hook is borin partly due to 50 doin the hook
if someone else was doin the same hook might have been aite but prolly not
i checked the pearly gates one...and thats better and sounds like 50 laid into but that rare for 50 to where it sounds dope overall
aite 50 got some dope hooks
many men
im gonna die tonight
if i cant
poppin them thangz

and some more

but theres some where its str8 wackness and the same wit game so yeah theres songs where 50 kills game on the hook part (seperate songs)
but the ones where 50 does the hook and he thinks its dope is not the bidness

lol^^^^^

My favourite 50 hook is off Pearly Gates but that's because it's on some real shit.   Whether it's the best one he does is up in the air.  According to popular opinion his best hook would be In Da Club (because it's his biggest song).  Technically, I wouldn't be able to tell you.   I don't write or record music so if someone who does can tell me why I'm wrong or what's wrong with 50 hooks, do it.  I'm all for education.

I'm willing to bet more people think 50 is better at hooks than Game is.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2009, 07:33:22 PM »
When does Game do hooks? The majority of his tracks have guest features on the hook.  

What's your favorite Game hook?
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2009, 07:35:44 PM »
they do but hes done a few hooks that i can remember

higher
feels good
my bitch  (sounds like its on repeat but the way this song was made, the hook is dope and game was aite on it)
some of his older traxx have dope hooks

When does Game do hooks? The majority of his tracks have guest features on the hook.  

What's your favorite Game hook?
Cube

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2009, 07:39:31 PM »
Sorry man but 50 murks Game on hooks.  It's not even a debate in my mind.   Game has like 5 hooks he's done since his mainstream career.  The majority of 50's hooks are by 50. 

Props for the discussion.

By the way my favorite Game hook is Bang Along (hell of dope hook) and Heaven (another dope hook but most people don't seem to like it.)   
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2009, 07:45:21 PM »
that heaven song...is that game sayin i cant wait to go to heaven? lol
if so that song period isnt listenable 
but nah overall IMO it might be a close one wit the hooks game vs 50
but if 50 tried he could win up against game cuz
poppin them thangz is dope
gotta make it to heaven

damn sometimes banks voice isnt listenable but he prolly has game beat on the hooks

but yeah good lookin on the debate...always down for the debate
Cube

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2009, 12:52:07 AM »
50's hook game from after he got shot to 06 was the shit, that's what made him differ from your average gangsta rapper. It was one dope hook after another. But now he sucks at hooks, with a few exceptions. Game's hook nowadays are much better than 50's.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2009, 06:04:43 PM »
real talk theyre both on some soft shit lately especially 50
Cube

Jaydc

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2009, 12:22:00 AM »
I dont know how the fuck you can say 50s hook game is wack lol.That was dumb,dude was known for being the king of hooks,it was easily his strongest point.

What up gangsta
many men
patiently waiting
dont push me
in da club
hell lets just say the entire get rich or die trying album

then tracks like rap game by d12 where he did the hook
places to go
proof ft 50 forgive me

window shopper
ill whip ya head boy
magi stick

damn i could go on for days of all the memorable hooks 50 has done.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2009, 02:12:09 AM »
It's not even close. You got people who clearly have way too much hate for 50 trying to say his hooks ain't good. Forget that. His newer stuff is a little less inspired but he was knocking them out the park from about 2002-06.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2009, 07:31:59 AM »
thats what i said recently 50 has been wack on the mic especially wit them hooks but i gave examples of dope hooks he made back then
Cube

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2009, 07:49:07 PM »
so what everyone think bout games latest hook on "big money"?
Cube