Author Topic: Eminem Blames Drug Use for Poor Quality of 'Relapse'  (Read 2242 times)

quiksta80

• 'G'
Re: Eminem Blames Drug Use for Poor Quality of 'Relapse'
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2009, 09:52:22 AM »
Em also said awhile back that when he listens to MMLP he thinks he sounded a little off beat with his ryhmes and everyone considers that his best album so I don't know why people trippin on him mentioning the jokey vibe in relapse. I aint much of a eminem fan myself i kinda gave up on a lot of the new rap thats out today cause im pushin 30 and still stuck on the 90's-early 00's shit but compared to all the crap thats been cranked out this year i would consider relapse one of the better rap albums of this year. the accent was realllly annoying on encore but for some reason it didnt bother me much this time and he used some crazy flows on songs like stay wide awake

JohnnyL

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2009, 10:20:25 AM »
Relapse is a great album; excluding skits, tracks like 3 A.M., My Mom, Bagpipes, Hello, Same Song, Stay Wide Awake, Old Times Sake, Ganja, Deja Vu, Beautiful, Crack A Bottle,  Underground stay on steady repeat + all the tracks on Refill (minus Taking My Ball). Album of the year for me easilly.

I agree.  Eminem doesn't really need to make excuses for the album, as far as I'm concerned.  I know it's pretty typical of artists to do that, when they're plugging their next album. But even if there's some truth to what he's saying here, I still think the album turned out very well.  I'll admit I was a little weirded out at first by the now infamous "accents," but after a few listens, I got to where I didn't even really notice them.  I'll concede that they're probably unnecessary, but I'd almost prefer them to the voice he was using post-"Marshal Mathers LP" that had become increasingly more of just yelling over every track than just rapping at a normal volume.  Flow-wise, I think he was much more on point on Relapse than he was on "Encore," as well.  Yeah.  Sometimes he raps about silly shit.  But he makes it sound much better in a flow than a lot of artists can do with serious subject matter.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:23:04 AM by JohnnyL »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2009, 06:50:39 AM »
At least he's admitting it. Now he just has to admit his weird voice accent is a joke and should never be used again and I'll give Relapse 2 a try.

Word.  At least he's admitting it.  I was startin to wonder if him and Dre realized how much Em's work had fallen off since the success of 8 Mile.  Because on one of the bonus tracks he still maintains that Encore was as great as his other records, he has to realize that it was a far cry from his previous work.

But just because he says his new material is better doesn't mean it really is, because he said the same thing about Encore and Relapse.   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2009, 02:01:32 AM »
yeah, Eminem is just about off the radar nowadays.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 02:03:24 AM by Don'T Get tha SmackFace »

ikke

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2009, 02:11:32 AM »
Weak excuse.

Artists make there best music when on drugs.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2009, 02:23:33 AM »
ever since he made the accent up and got tha GAY MAN ASS FACED deliberately (supposidly) it's just been downhill for Eminem.  It's about time he should start talking to the Beastie Boys for after career advice.  Eminem killed his own career, could u imagine how hard Eminem would be w/o the accents and gay subject matter and dumb ass hooks on Relapse & Encore and not getting ASS FACED by a Gay Man at the awards?  

i know he was trying to be in a happy zone but damn, it's like he wanted to fuck his shit up.  and "Beautiful" is pretty average & squeeky voiced (when he's singin) imo, i dont see what the hype is about, but i guess the track served it's purpose.

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2009, 05:56:51 AM »
At least he's admitting it. Now he just has to admit his weird voice accent is a joke and should never be used again and I'll give Relapse 2 a try.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2009, 02:18:16 PM »
I love how Internet cats twist a situation into something it isn't.  Like Eminem is apologizing for making a shitty album. All he's doing is explaining what his thought process was.
well he's clearly not satisfied with Relapse
But it's nothing new for an artist. Lots of them find the problems in their work that even the fans don't care about. Dre is clearly not satisfied with both these albums he did but if he said that in an interview, I doubt anyone woulf write "Dr. Dre apologizes for the poor quality of "The Chronic"." People are twisting the perception because THEY didn't like the album. They're making it out like he disowned the project.

Blood$

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2009, 06:56:38 PM »
Relapse had the potential to be a dope ass album but alot of beats were wasted on average/weak tracks and that was mainly due to the accent, I had a phase at first where I was sort of into the album but it got old really fast, especially after so many doper albums dropped

I still bump "3 A.M.", "Stay Wide Awake", "Must Be The Ganja", "Deja Vu", "Beautfiul", and "Underground" though, and as long as Relapse 2 will be better that makes up for everything  8)

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2009, 10:13:12 PM »
eminem is a good rapper but he isnt good enough for me to cop his shyt, i never bought any of his cds ever. he always been overrated to me for some reason...he has a great sense of humor no doubt but he aint what people make him to be...i dont think i even listened to relapse yet since i downloaded that bitch

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2009, 11:45:49 PM »
I dont care wat yall say i love that cd  8) Dooope as beats and Eminems flow is on point , but not really feeling the accent thing but i got over it. Bagpipes from Baghdad and Deja Vu , two of the best songs of 2009
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2009, 12:41:06 AM »
The drums on Deja Vu are sick as fuck

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2009, 01:11:29 AM »
I love how Internet cats twist a situation into something it isn't.  Like Eminem is apologizing for making a shitty album. All he's doing is explaining what his thought process was.
well he's clearly not satisfied with Relapse
But it's nothing new for an artist. Lots of them find the problems in their work that even the fans don't care about. Dre is clearly not satisfied with both these albums he did but if he said that in an interview, I doubt anyone woulf write "Dr. Dre apologizes for the poor quality of "The Chronic"." People are twisting the perception because THEY didn't like the album. They're making it out like he disowned the project.
yeah but Dre is paranoid.

anyway, you're right, but Eminem is definitely making excuses

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2009, 08:51:36 PM »
good lookin out another person statin that hes overrated
the amount of units em has sold equals to the amont of rappers better than him...lol
but damn hes overrated than a mutha
i mean raekwon, even u-god and ins can do better than em
who is eminem? lol

eminem is a good rapper but he isnt good enough for me to cop his shyt, i never bought any of his cds ever. he always been overrated to me for some reason...he has a great sense of humor no doubt but he aint what people make him to be...i dont think i even listened to relapse yet since i downloaded that bitch
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2009, 09:28:15 PM »
Em would outrap both of them.  The biggest problem Eminem faces is his content pushes away the listeners.  Early on he was too nasally but now he sounds doper than before (with or without accent).   :)
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks