Author Topic: Eminem Blames Drug Use for Poor Quality of 'Relapse'  (Read 2247 times)

Lucifuge

Re: Eminem Blames Drug Use for Poor Quality of 'Relapse'
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2009, 09:48:32 AM »
Rakim's shit is weak, i mean last album ::)

i thought it was great, but i mean, nothing new brought to the table; nothing groundbreaking.

same Ra like in 94.. ;D
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2009, 07:55:03 PM »
it wasnt at all but
rakims album>>>>>>anythin em can spit
now the production em gets is somethin else as in thats a different story but as far as rapper vs rapper
rakim murders em like its nuthin
but rakims album should have been much better and was a big let down but what he can still spit is what matters and he spits better now than before IMO

Rakim's shit is weak, i mean last album ::)

i thought it was great, but i mean, nothing new brought to the table; nothing groundbreaking.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2009, 08:09:39 AM »
Rebel and get you walk on spit truth.

Whether you like it or not, eminem will got down as one of the best to do it and for his earlier shit, its fair enough. im not the biggest sslp fan but its a dope dope debut album, especially for his white fans. MMLP imo will go down as his greatest and its a bangin album and then after that, its all kinda mixed. Eminem show wasnt for me, encore was one of the worst hiphop releases for a major act ever, i dont care how many times action will tell the world he loves it or how many posters bosnoi boy has of eminem, lets be fair, his one of the biggest eminem groupies going, dudes makes chamillionaire seem like an objective poster...i mean u hating on rakim for his last album not having the same fire as his previous shit and saying eminems better but u completely discarding the fact eminems last two albums have consisted of encore which is something rakim will never EVER put out an album as bad as and relapse which while eminems flow was on point at times, was lyrically horrible for much of the album and you could easily tell he was still suffering from writers block and all the other shit at the time. Even eminem said its not a dope album lol, or something of the sorts. Refills an EP, its okay...but lets see his next album.

That being said, eminem when he gets his shit correct is near the best, he DEFINATELY is not the best, he can come the best at times, thats without doubt and he def has left a legacy for himself when he hangs up the mic but he aint the best, no chance of that.

As for reakwon, cats calling him boring and then bumping bishop lamont? 50cent? banks? Ahhh some of the cats on here give me too much jokes. I wouldnt go as far as saying rae is better than eminem, but he can spit on a level and as for rakim, well, i dont even need to speak on him, dudes discovery speaks for himself.

Eminem though y'all cant deny will go down as one of the best ever and fair enough, he done alot of dope shit and can be a monster at times, but he aint goin down as the best ever, thats fo sho imo, i still consider cats like nas above him and jigga while he might not be at a level with eminem on the mic, dudes easily more versatile, only snoop can possibly say he more versatile than jigga on the mic...luda possibly too, dudes a beast but his albums aint really held up for a minute now.

All i gotta say about eminem is he'll go down as in the top ten or twenty within hiphop, at the end of the day, the effect he had for a white kid is huge, but he gets overhyped bu white kids for it but i wont deny he can be a beast, but he needs to step it up bigtime on relapse two imo. Not an album full of stupid shit, lets see some dope motherfuckin songs, you aint a kid nomore, show some fucking growth in the music man. He did say his working on making classics on his next album rather than just spitting shit, so we could be in for something dope. He got just blaze in there with him, so that could give him a fresh angle, we'll see. I think judging by his verses on forever and the lil wayne joint, im liking the aggressive flow in it but he sounds comfortable at the moment spittin it whereas before he was mumbling alot of shit, didnt seem right. Could be a good omen, we'll see.

pz

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2009, 08:44:26 AM »
^oh, but i am objective, you just don't agree with that i say. 8)

EDIT: don't act like you don't come into every Eminem thread & give some sort of negative feed about him lol; always downsizing him & what-not.

anyway, no one is hating on Rakim; people are just saying that his last album was great, but to consider it "classic" is out of the question.

this is why guys like Bishop Lamont will never get a chance, because people like you belittle him to nothing when he is clearly one of the best up & coming guys. i would take The Reformation right now over a new Rae album, to want a third remake of OB4CL is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:51:32 AM by Chamillitary Click »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2009, 09:07:41 AM »
Here's my just thinking off my head,

Raekown's career is a joke.  His albums, if you can them "his", are all heavily guest features.  He's not criticised because of this because he's from the Wu.  It's Okay!  "His" greatest release OB4CL was over a decade ago and the only way for him to stay relevant was to release an updated version of it.  Come on Wu fans are the biggest hypocrites I know.  They say other rappers need x amount of verses (50 cent) but when Rae doesn't follow the formula it's okay.  His beats are all dated but they're given acclaim because "they've vintage."  He's past his prime.  He stills raps about the same shit and gets a pass.  You critique Em with show some growth in the music but Rae gets a pass.  Get out of here with that shit.  

And, I ain't even hating on Rae right now as much as I am hating on his fans for being such hyprocrites when it comes to their critiques of other artists.  I know I don't like much of Rae's music becuase I find how flow and his vocals boring plus his subject matter boring.  I ain't cooking crack and hearing 39 year old rap about that bores me.

As for Eminem's Encore it's my personal favorite from Eminem and I've always argued that from a personal ponit.  I don't even listen to old Em cause I can't stand his voice.  I'm still shocked Dre co-signed him years ago.  How does anyone stand that nasal?

Rakim's album was dope but was it the end all be all like the single showed promise of?  No.

edit:
show me a track where Rae spits with the same passion as Banks? Banks may not paint a vivid picture of cooking crack like Rae but I'm positive Rae will put someone to sleep before Banks will.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 09:10:11 AM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2009, 10:21:57 AM »

EDIT: don't act like you don't come into every Eminem thread & give some sort of negative feed about him lol; always downsizing him & what-not.

anyway, no one is hating on Rakim; people are just saying that his last album was great, but to consider it "classic" is out of the question.

this is why guys like Bishop Lamont will never get a chance, because people like you belittle him to nothing when he is clearly one of the best up & coming guys. i would take The Reformation right now over a new Rae album, to want a third remake of OB4CL is ridiculous.

oh we def don't agree on much, luckily but we do both think cham is on some next shit so we good there  ;)

as for eminem, im pretty sure i just gave him his props for his verse on the joint with lil wayne just in another eminem thread and just in here i gave him his props for his verse on forever, his older shit and called him one of the best to do it...selective attention much? yes i said some critical stuff too but eminem fans catch feelings to quick when it comes to the 'great white hope' lol...

As for bishop lamont...up n coming? dudes past 30, he is way past up n coming and not given a chance? dude dropped a first single which had dre production on it, was funded for many mixtapes such a confessional etc...not given a chance? most niggaz would have given an arm to be in the situation he was in, get the fuck outta here with that bullshit...in the end, u gotta make some sorta appeal to, thus far he aint. I aint even hating on bishop, im just saying, how u gonna diss rae than be loving some banks bullshit and bishop shit..i wasnt being critical of them, i was jus saying rae done had a career, banks aint done shit, his albums were both average and and bishop aint done nothin past a mixtape.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2009, 11:39:04 AM »
Rakim is the GOAT, imo. I don't think there will ever be a lyricist on Ra's level... EVER. The closest ever to come to his level would be Big Daddy Kane and Kool Mo Dee. Now in terms of an all around MC? That's highly debatable. There are lyricists... there are rappers... and there are MCs. And no, I did not graduate from KRS-ONE's Temple of Hip Hop  :P

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2009, 12:01:22 PM »
Rakim is the GOAT, imo. I don't think there will ever be a lyricist on Ra's level... EVER. The closest ever to come to his level would be Big Daddy Kane and Kool Mo Dee. Now in terms of an all around MC? That's highly debatable. There are lyricists... there are rappers... and there are MCs. And no, I did not graduate from KRS-ONE's Temple of Hip Hop  :P

how do you say Eminem is not one of the top lyricists ever? in his prime he was unreal.

even the "GOAT" says so, :P

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2009, 05:01:53 PM »

how do you say Eminem is not one of the top lyricists ever? in his prime he was unreal.

I never denied that. In fact, I made a point to clarify his greatness in Hip Hop in this very thread. Em is one of the best MCs of all time and I am definately a big Eminem fan... I'm just acknowledging that I believe Rakim is the greatest lyricist ever in Hip Hop. Why do you think history calls him the "God MC"?

TRG

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2009, 05:12:40 PM »

that interviewer always annoyed me.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2009, 05:13:24 PM »

I never denied that. In fact, I made a point to clarify his greatness in Hip Hop in this very thread. Em is one of the best MCs of all time and I am definately a big Eminem fan... I'm just acknowledging that I believe Rakim is the greatest lyricist ever in Hip Hop. Why do you think history calls him the "God MC"?

in 15 years, history will look back & see from 2005-2015 Lil' Wayne was the greatest rapper alive; history isn't a reliable source for me. :P

but i do legitamize your argument, since you admit to your fanhood of Eminem; i didn't see your previous posts. :-[

that interviewer always annoyed me.

LOL, he's a fucking weirdo! :laugh:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2009, 05:18:08 PM »
good points
im not sayin em is wack but hell never be on rakims level ever
im sayin raekwon is better and doper than em is, but em can rap jus not the best and never has but the mtvs have overhyped him
ill take dope bishop traxx over eminem at his best
what holds em together for the main part is the production he is provided with, otherwise would he be as dope? dont think so
but rakim, bishop, raekwon and others are dope even with wack production
i mean if big daddy kane put some bomb muzik together hed kill em
face, and others em be nobody

Rebel and get you walk on spit truth.

Whether you like it or not, eminem will got down as one of the best to do it and for his earlier shit, its fair enough. im not the biggest sslp fan but its a dope dope debut album, especially for his white fans. MMLP imo will go down as his greatest and its a bangin album and then after that, its all kinda mixed. Eminem show wasnt for me, encore was one of the worst hiphop releases for a major act ever, i dont care how many times action will tell the world he loves it or how many posters bosnoi boy has of eminem, lets be fair, his one of the biggest eminem groupies going, dudes makes chamillionaire seem like an objective poster...i mean u hating on rakim for his last album not having the same fire as his previous shit and saying eminems better but u completely discarding the fact eminems last two albums have consisted of encore which is something rakim will never EVER put out an album as bad as and relapse which while eminems flow was on point at times, was lyrically horrible for much of the album and you could easily tell he was still suffering from writers block and all the other shit at the time. Even eminem said its not a dope album lol, or something of the sorts. Refills an EP, its okay...but lets see his next album.

That being said, eminem when he gets his shit correct is near the best, he DEFINATELY is not the best, he can come the best at times, thats without doubt and he def has left a legacy for himself when he hangs up the mic but he aint the best, no chance of that.

As for reakwon, cats calling him boring and then bumping bishop lamont? 50cent? banks? Ahhh some of the cats on here give me too much jokes. I wouldnt go as far as saying rae is better than eminem, but he can spit on a level and as for rakim, well, i dont even need to speak on him, dudes discovery speaks for himself.

Eminem though y'all cant deny will go down as one of the best ever and fair enough, he done alot of dope shit and can be a monster at times, but he aint goin down as the best ever, thats fo sho imo, i still consider cats like nas above him and jigga while he might not be at a level with eminem on the mic, dudes easily more versatile, only snoop can possibly say he more versatile than jigga on the mic...luda possibly too, dudes a beast but his albums aint really held up for a minute now.

All i gotta say about eminem is he'll go down as in the top ten or twenty within hiphop, at the end of the day, the effect he had for a white kid is huge, but he gets overhyped bu white kids for it but i wont deny he can be a beast, but he needs to step it up bigtime on relapse two imo. Not an album full of stupid shit, lets see some dope motherfuckin songs, you aint a kid nomore, show some fucking growth in the music man. He did say his working on making classics on his next album rather than just spitting shit, so we could be in for something dope. He got just blaze in there with him, so that could give him a fresh angle, we'll see. I think judging by his verses on forever and the lil wayne joint, im liking the aggressive flow in it but he sounds comfortable at the moment spittin it whereas before he was mumbling alot of shit, didnt seem right. Could be a good omen, we'll see.

pz
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2009, 06:27:16 PM »
good points
im sayin raekwon is better and doper than em is, but em can rap jus not the best and never has but the mtvs have overhyped him
what holds em together for the main part is the production he is provided with, otherwise would he be as dope? dont think so

Wassup, man?

I have to respectfully disagree with a couple of those points. As far as production and Eminem, Em never really had great production. His earlier materiel was over very simple beats. Why it was so accepted was because most people liked Em then, Em was fresh, hungry and shockingly entertaining. The Dre beats, in particular, that Em rhymes over now is far more complex and "thumpy" than anything he ever did for Em back in the day. The only difference is, is that Em doesn't spit like he used to. As for MTV hyping him... well I believe it was well deserved. When Em first came out he brought a storm of creativity and entertainment unlike anything before. I think fans just naturally root for the underdog. When someone is on top for so long, people become far more nitpicky and critical of the artist and look for any possible reason to jump the "he is overated, he's so wack now, he only appeals to white people" bandwagon. Some people just got tired of everyone loving or talking about Em all the time. But that is an argument dealing with fans and media, not the skill of the artist.

The problem is when you get many young listeners who became Eminem fans without any knowledge of the Rakims, Kanes, KRS'...etc. They thing Em is the GOAT but don't know the revolutionary impact of say... "Paid in Full" or "36 Chambers".

But of course, this is all my opinion... and I definately respect yours.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2009, 08:01:14 PM »
thats waz up rebel and good lookin on respondin

my take is ems albums have been dope but have been saved by dres beats
on the other hand
raekwon, rza, gza albums have been dope yeah cuz of the dope production but not many can touch gza on the mic IMO
and rakims choice of production hasnt been the best thru out his career but lyrically hes top 10, where as em shouldnt be in the top 10
again good lookin wit the debate

good points

Wassup, man?

I have to respectfully disagree with a couple of those points. As far as production and Eminem, Em never really had great production. His earlier materiel was over very simple beats. Why it was so accepted was because most people liked Em then, Em was fresh, hungry and shockingly entertaining. The Dre beats, in particular, that Em rhymes over now is far more complex and "thumpy" than anything he ever did for Em back in the day. The only difference is, is that Em doesn't spit like he used to. As for MTV hyping him... well I believe it was well deserved. When Em first came out he brought a storm of creativity and entertainment unlike anything before. I think fans just naturally root for the underdog. When someone is on top for so long, people become far more nitpicky and critical of the artist and look for any possible reason to jump the "he is overated, he's so wack now, he only appeals to white people" bandwagon. Some people just got tired of everyone loving or talking about Em all the time. But that is an argument dealing with fans and media, not the skill of the artist.

The problem is when you get many young listeners who became Eminem fans without any knowledge of the Rakims, Kanes, KRS'...etc. They thing Em is the GOAT but don't know the revolutionary impact of say... "Paid in Full" or "36 Chambers".

But of course, this is all my opinion... and I definately respect yours.
Cube

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2009, 12:42:05 AM »

agreed

oh we def don't agree on much, luckily but we do both think cham is on some next shit so we good there  ;)

as for eminem, im pretty sure i just gave him his props for his verse on the joint with lil wayne just in another eminem thread and just in here i gave him his props for his verse on forever, his older shit and called him one of the best to do it...selective attention much? yes i said some critical stuff too but eminem fans catch feelings to quick when it comes to the 'great white hope' lol...

As for bishop lamont...up n coming? dudes past 30, he is way past up n coming and not given a chance? dude dropped a first single which had dre production on it, was funded for many mixtapes such a confessional etc...not given a chance? most niggaz would have given an arm to be in the situation he was in, get the fuck outta here with that bullshit...in the end, u gotta make some sorta appeal to, thus far he aint. I aint even hating on bishop, im just saying, how u gonna diss rae than be loving some banks bullshit and bishop shit..i wasnt being critical of them, i was jus saying rae done had a career, banks aint done shit, his albums were both average and and bishop aint done nothin past a mixtape.
LOL yeah he was given a chance by Dre, but interscope isn't behind it. Grow up got pulled remember?
Bishop Lamont can't do nothing about it, except drop music
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 12:48:20 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »