Author Topic: 50 cent's BISD only sells 26k on week 3  (Read 1293 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 cent's BISD only sells 26k on week 3
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 03:48:20 PM »
Well for me because Relapse sounds like a proper album while BISD sounds like a mixtape, full of 3 minute or less songs with 2 verses and zero replay value.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 05:05:24 PM »
They both manage to sound like an album - i.e a collection of tracks that are distinct yet are similar in atmosphere.  They both have their distinct missteps (Eminem's We Made You is to 50's Could've Been You).  Lyrically they both stay on track to their content.

I don't even want to even began to have a conversation about defining what is and isn't a song.   I keep hearing about mixtape content but I don't really understand that either.  I guess if he had just released the album instead of giving us two free tapes people wouldn't be able to say that.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 10:52:13 AM »
Both Em and 50 didn't have some grand marketing scheme. They're both big enough (well 50 was) to promote themselves. Like Em only did the VMA's and one Shade 45 tour that was pretty much it. 50 was everywhere. The difference is in the quality of the music, "men lie women lie, numbers don't"

i see you jocking jay z jocking jay z
Bullets aint got no names

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 12:59:05 PM »
Grimey music doesn't move units on a major level anymore, but for real I don't see any way duke can be happy with those numbers.

I hope this doesn't change Fifs artistic direction too much, just needs to get some more polished beats and shit'll be perfect

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 01:10:07 PM »
I hope this doesn't change Fifs artistic direction too much, just needs to get some more polished beats and shit'll be perfect

Oh don't you dare blame the production. 50 has always had the best of the best beats right there at his disposal. Its not the producers fault that no one wants to hear him mumble about being shot, being in the club, or personifying sex as candy / amusement parks over and over again.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 01:30:39 PM »

Oh don't you dare blame the production. 50 has always had the best of the best beats right there at his disposal. Its not the producers fault that no one wants to hear him mumble about being shot, being in the club, or personifying sex as candy / amusement parks over and over again.

I'm talking about a perfect album, not sales. On Get Rich he had the street content, except he had polished beats too match it, this is his first album where the production wasn't amazing...

And sorry but where's the Song about being shot, the sex personification song or the in the club song on this album?

This album was all hustling, robbing, street shit with a couple songs about girls...

MediumL

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 02:34:02 PM »
Lol at people complaining about subject matter when every other artist recycles topics. Jay Z's been talking about his money and how he's runs shit for ages but now hes doing it a lot shitter. Raekwon was talking about coke again same with the Clipse. 50's album was dope bar a couple tracks where poor hooks and weak beats let him down.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 02:52:23 PM »
Even if you ignore the recycling fact (he litterally says the same shit over and over again, way worse than Jay), BISD had weak hoks, beats, flow, voice tone. OBFC2 had great production, hooks, vibe and he was a storyteller, while 50 acts like he's still in the hood (not in a storytelling way).

MediumL

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 03:08:29 PM »
Even if you ignore the recycling fact (he litterally says the same shit over and over again, way worse than Jay), BISD had weak hoks, beats, flow, voice tone. OBFC2 had great production, hooks, vibe and he was a storyteller, while 50 acts like he's still in the hood (not in a storytelling way).

Jays been doing a lot of the same shit since Vol 1 and both of them have switched their flows up for the worse. 50 has never done the physcotic killer thing before and even with GRODT it wasn't much from the view of a soldier. True unlike Raekwon he doesn't follow a concept throughout but hell there's enough rappers that act hood when they're living it up (Clipse were on Till the Casket Drops but they're excellent at it). I've heard enough big production albums from 50 so this imo was a nice change but at some points it did border between a grimey album and sounding too amteurish.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 03:16:31 PM »
True true. I still think that Jay reinvents himself every time he releases an album, that's why he's in the game for 14 years with 11 number 1 albums. I don't know, 50 just sounds so forced lately, he doesn't have that natural flow, seems like he's not having fun at all. I think he thinks too much like a businessman when it comes to music, he always says how tracks have to be under 3 minutes because the DJ changes the tracks or whatever. That's the core of the problem, he goes into the studio like "ok, this has to be a club single, catering to this demographic...". And it's always so mechanized; intro hook, verse, hook, bridge, verse, outro bridge.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 03:49:36 PM »

I'm talking about a perfect album, not sales. On Get Rich he had the street content, except he had polished beats too match it, this is his first album where the production wasn't amazing...

And sorry but where's the Song about being shot, the sex personification song or the in the club song on this album?

This album was all hustling, robbing, street shit with a couple songs about girls...

The in the club songs are the ones that never took off and caused the album do be delayed so much ("Get Up" and "I Get it In"). Fine you caught me, theres no sex personification song on the album but there is "Baby By Me" which if you listen closely to the verses is just a wacker version of "Ayo Technology". And the getting shot thing...I won't even get into that. This nigga had an album, a video game, a book, and a movie about him being shot.

MediumL

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »
True true. I still think that Jay reinvents himself every time he releases an album, that's why he's in the game for 14 years with 11 number 1 albums. I don't know, 50 just sounds so forced lately, he doesn't have that natural flow, seems like he's not having fun at all. I think he thinks too much like a businessman when it comes to music, he always says how tracks have to be under 3 minutes because the DJ changes the tracks or whatever. That's the core of the problem, he goes into the studio like "ok, this has to be a club single, catering to this demographic...". And it's always so mechanized; intro hook, verse, hook, bridge, verse, outro bridge.

nah I found I was laughing at some of what 50 said. Some of lines were actually pure comedy. I find Jays album was too formulaic. Everything was made in an inoeffensive way with guests to hold up the album and big name producers to help gain interest. Every rapper goes in with the 'ok I need a club single' mentality thats part of the mainstream.

And GangstaBoogy did you even listen to the album? I don't think this is an album that will blow minds or anything but I think its a good album. I don't know what some of you actually want from a 50 album or if you set your expectations to something he'll never do just so you can moan.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 07:03:04 PM »
GangstaBoogy sounds mad at 50 for his career choices and making money off highlighting one portion of his life story.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 12:48:52 AM »
GangstaBoogy sounds mad at 50 for his career choices and making money off highlighting one portion of his life story.

And you sound like someone who has no clue what you're talking about. Go read my older post, I always have and always will take my hat off to 50 for his business choices, which at this point I feel he should stick to. But as far as him as an artist - he fuckin sucks. Dude is just dull, overly cocky, and repetitive as hell. BISD has some good grimey tracks but like someone else already said, the album sounds like a mixtape. Call me when 50 realizes that songs should have 3 verses.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 02:40:31 AM »

And you sound like someone who has no clue what you're talking about. Go read my older post, I always have and always will take my hat off to 50 for his business choices, which at this point I feel he should stick to. But as far as him as an artist - he fuckin sucks. Dude is just dull, overly cocky, and repetitive as hell. BISD has some good grimey tracks but like someone else already said, the album sounds like a mixtape. Call me when 50 realizes that songs should have 3 verses.

not every song needs 3 verses. not every verse needs to be 16 bars

fuck a formula