Author Topic: snoop dogg sales next week  (Read 1706 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Re: snoop dogg sales next week
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 03:34:57 PM »
I don't think anyone could fault the promotion - the album is being worked hard. Hopefully the album has legs, since "I Wanna Rock" is now starting to catch a buzz.

they are pusshing the promo hard. but are they pushing it the right way? for the right crowd? in my opinion they failed.

I'd say that they are pushing it the right way. There's been a welcome embracing of digital promotion (Snoop's Great 8 Countdown, Twitter, etc.) which is a good look - need to grant more interviews to online outlets though. He's also  been very visible on television and heard on radio stations so I can't really fault it.

As for to the right crowd - is that more of a commentary on the music? If so, I understand. Some people aren't going to appreciate the music that's being aimed at them on this release. If you're suggesting that he's marketing to the wrong crowd, though, I disagree. I think Snoop's longtime fans are aware of this album. Whether they buy it is on them.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 03:38:19 PM »
damn, sorry to hear that. guess i was right when i predicted arround 60-70k for snoop, donno what to say, but with situation today, it was expected. hope I wanna rock will help the sales.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 03:39:54 PM »
need to grant more interviews to online outlets though
Agreed
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 03:40:35 PM »
they are pusshing the promo hard. but are they pushing it the right way? for the right crowd? in my opinion they failed.
i agree. he's making an album that doesnt appeal to his fanbase.
alot of snoop fans stopped buying snoops solo records starting from the 2002 release of "paid tha cost to be tha boss" and onwards.
from 2002 all the way to the present, he's been catering to the pop audience, and alienating his real fanbase.
when you only cater to the pop audience, you have to stay in fashion to them, and keep on switching up your style of music to whats hot in pop to stay relevant.
snoop is better off staying true to the westcoast gangsta rap sound, and people will buy his records for it.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 03:40:46 PM »
How many big name artists are failing to sell big now, in the last couple months Rihanna, Mariah Carey, 50 Cent and now looks like Snoop, Timbaland and Chris brown are all sellin a lot less than anyone expected

All well deserved though, those album were all mediocre, playing it safe. I still think that good music on a major label sells well (Em, Jay, Kanye, Alicia...). I wouldn't count out Timbaland like that though, he only did like 120k with Shock Value 1 and he's got plenty of single material left on the album.

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 03:41:35 PM »
^ two not very good selling albums in a row pointed at a pop audience. Maybe Snoop takes an Ice Cube like route the next time around
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 03:42:29 PM »
I don't think anyone could fault the promotion - the album is being worked hard. Hopefully the album has legs, since "I Wanna Rock" is now starting to catch a buzz.
your right on that. The album is being seriously promoted. Nothing failed there.

numbers could prove that it is a failure...I do not want to compare Snoop to Jigga (although they both released their 10th album) but although jigga didnt sell much on his first week, you could tell he had an impact, the ad for his album was crazy, the features had some Major and upcoming superstars, he had great videos, and great promotion stunts... and last but not least.. EVERYBODY has its favorite song on his album,  most of the songs on his album are memorable,  while on Snoopy's side, this album is just another reason why he will never be taken seriously
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 03:48:42 PM by .:Hercy Buggz:. »

Okka

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 04:13:18 PM »
^ two not very good selling albums in a row pointed at a pop audience. Maybe Snoop takes an Ice Cube like route the next time around

How much did "Tha Blue Carpet Treatment" sell?

cubedogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2009, 04:17:03 PM »

How much did "Tha Blue Carpet Treatment" sell?

Went platinum. Sold very good.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 04:38:09 PM »
Dream track didn't catch on

people forget that Sexual Eruption was the #7 track on billboard
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2009, 06:02:42 PM »
Gucci, Snoop, BG & Clipse - 4 hip hop debuts, not one hitting 100K first week  :-\

Debuts?
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2009, 07:24:53 PM »
I'm glad this album is flopping.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Blood$

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 07:28:03 PM »
low numbers for Snoop but I kinda expected it to be honest

great to see B.G. is predicted to hit 40-50K, didn't expect that much at all considering he's just now starting to get a push from the label, he's even supposed to sell more than Clipse too.... damn

kalli_weed

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 08:23:03 PM »
..i guess this is a wake up call for snoopy..shit is not like it use to be before..snoop did release a few good albums but his fans knows he can always do better but he kept fuckin up.. we want a solid album with ur homies!!

G-Funk

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 08:25:52 PM »
a straight westcoast bangin gfunk style album like the old days.

that'd be pretty cool but thats not gonna happen anytime soon my friend. :-X