Author Topic: snoop dogg sales next week  (Read 1703 times)

cubedogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: snoop dogg sales next week
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 08:33:29 PM »
Hm... Maybe it is good that this shit is gonna flop.
This is a major wake up call for Snoop.
Struggling to sell half of 100k!

Jaydc

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 11:00:34 PM »
Im surprised it even sold that much to be honest

Sad that gucci does those numbers,a lot of stupid people in this world

Im not surprised about timbaland,the album seems to have zero promo,Hell I didnt even know it was coming out.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 12:54:18 AM »
As for to the right crowd - is that more of a commentary on the music? If so, I understand. Some people aren't going to appreciate the music that's being aimed at them on this release. If you're suggesting that he's marketing to the wrong crowd, though, I disagree. I think Snoop's longtime fans are aware of this album. Whether they buy it is on them.

Snoop's longtime fans aren't feeling this album (look at the response from this forum for instance). And he's failed to draw in the pop crowd with a big single. Its a lose lose situation. A dope album might have made up for a weak single in the long run. But now he's fucked. He should have made an album for the fans, like he originally said Ego Trippin was going to be.

Okka

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 02:08:13 AM »
hopefully these poor sales mean that snoop gives up on tryin to make albums for the ladies, and goes back to his roots with a straight westcoast bangin gfunk style album like the old days.

G-Funk is dead, homie, it's 2009 and you still wishin for that shit? I'd rather hear a new album like "BTC", it's the last real good album Snoop Dogg released.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 02:58:47 AM »
go INDEPENDENT like ICE CUBE

MediumL

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 06:09:35 AM »
LOL at people wanting G Funk in 2009.

Anyway Snoops numbers are pretty bad ( I thought they'd be bad but Raekwon sold more than him) but its what he gets for making an album that aimed to appeal to everyone. It attempted to get to the mainstream audience and failed pretty miserably. Gucci did pretty well although with all the buzz he's had on the internet I'd thought he'd at least do a 100k. Hell even Chris Brown and Rihanna have flopped badly (although I'm not sure whether Xmas sales will help those two).

The Clipse did alright and they were supposedly undershipped (although thats everyones excuse) but it'd be nice if they could outsell Birdman. 50s numbers aren't looking as bad when everyone else is coming through with such weak numbers but I can see why Wayne and Game pushed their albums back. Probably spooked by the horrible numbers coming in.

I think some of the UK rappers are selling more than their US counterparts. Lol
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

G-Funk

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 02:40:49 PM »
hopefully these poor sales mean that snoop gives up on tryin to make albums for the ladies, and goes back to his roots with a straight westcoast bangin gfunk style album like the old days.

G-Funk is dead, homie, it's 2009 and you still wishin for that shit? I'd rather hear a new album like "BTC", it's the last real good album Snoop Dogg released.

I hear Germany is barely getting that shit. :laugh:
and I agree, BTC was bangin, few fillers here and there though, but some dope singles came out 8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2009, 03:31:19 PM »

I hear Germany is barely getting that shit. :laugh:
and I agree, BTC was bangin, few fillers here and there though, but some dope singles came out 8)

what is BTC?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2009, 03:44:13 PM »
Susan boyle hit yet another 600000k :D

Wow are you fuckin serious?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2009, 03:48:38 PM »
Gucci, Snoop, BG & Clipse - 4 hip hop debuts, not one hitting 100K first week  :-\

Debuts?
what dont ya get about it? all those albums are "Debuting" onto the charts this week.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2009, 03:48:55 PM »

you mean 600k.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »
Timbaland is a bit of a BAD flop wow

I haven't heard anything outside of this board or random sites about Timbos album, never heard a track on radio, in a club or at a party, or seen a video get play. So it's not surprising, Interscopes marketing team seem to have fallen the fuck off, or all been fired

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2009, 04:12:28 PM »
Timbaland is a bit of a BAD flop wow

I haven't heard anything outside of this board or random sites about Timbos album, never heard a track on radio, in a club or at a party, or seen a video get play. So it's not surprising, Interscopes marketing team seem to have fallen the fuck off, or all been fired

That Morning AFter Dark track is getting play, heard it in the clubs
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2009, 08:55:41 PM »

G-Funk

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2009, 11:11:08 PM »
what is BTC?
shit, my bad. BCT...blue carpet treatment. but u knew that ; )

snoop still has highest first week sales for a debut, 900k.
surprised at the susan boyle sales tho. good for her ;D