Author Topic: Slaughterhouse- Move On  (Read 1153 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Slaughterhouse- Move On
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2009, 07:37:22 PM »
The only way to shut these people up is to say that Move On is the greatest song ever made and joe buddden is the greatest musical artist of all time.

Obviously they get butthurt if you don't have those beliefs.

again, one person said that & he hasn't returned to the thread since...lol.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2009, 07:41:46 PM »
The only way to shut these people up is to say that Move On is the greatest song ever made and joe buddden is the greatest musical artist of all time.

Doesn't change the fact that you're in complete denial about the fact that not everyone agrees with your musical tastes and opinions.  It doesn't make them a hater. 

And i can't even follow your logic that if this was an NWA album people would feel different.  Uh, just like if this was a a Britney Spears album people would feel different.  What is your point?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2009, 07:51:29 PM »

Doesn't change the fact that you're in complete denial about the fact that not everyone agrees with your musical tastes and opinions.  It doesn't make them a hater. 

And i can't even follow your logic that if this was an NWA album people would feel different.  Uh, just like if this was a a Britney Spears album people would feel different.  What is your point?

what evidence is there that i am "denial" of that? somebody says, "fuck this mainstream shit, fuck that nigga Wayne, fuck that nigga Gucci, FUCK IT! i want that fucking real hip hop. real rap, real lyrics, blah blah blah".

that happens & people find a way to nit-pick at it because they are in talks of being better than your favorite rapper lol.

everybody is allowed to have an opinion besides me, it's hilarious. :laugh:

& as for the NWA thing, you can twist & turn that which ever way you feel like it, but the fact is, if Cube was spittin' Royce's verses, Eazy was spittin' Joell's, MC Ren was spittin' Budden's verses & Dre was spittin' Crooked's; bar for bar, it would be "one of the greatest, most classic things ever".

stuck.
in.
the.
past.

which is why this song is so beautiful....move on. ;)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2009, 08:00:50 PM »
I'm on the middle ground when it comes to this argument.

1. 808s & Heartbreaks only sounds similar to Man On The Moon: End of the Day it's in atmosphere.  They're both mood albums but they both have distinct sounds.  That's to say, when you listen to 808s as a whole it's mournful.  When you listen to Man On The Moon it's dark.  

2. If you say Cudi sounds like Kanye I would argue you're wrong.  Because Kanye is a producer he keeps his ear to the ground.  He is influenced by what he likes and his music reflects who he listens to, who is ghost writing/editing for him, and such.  Hence, College Dropout is to Rhymefest as 808s is to Cudi.  Does this make sense?  808s is a reflection of Cudi because he wrote and influenced Kanye.  If you check the time of releases Cudi's street tape was released and recorded well before 808s.  It's also a reflection of Mr.Hudson.

3.  Cudi isn't pure hip-hop.  What the hell does that even really mean?  These type of arguments are lame.   Additionally,
Hip-hop isn't just hood any more.  It's been around for a while.  It's been all around the world and back.

4.  Slaughterhouse released a dope album.  Hell the fact they released an album is dope.  Was it perfect?  No.  Was it rushed? Appears to be so.  Is it still dope?  Hell yeah.

5.  Cham's comment reflects a lot more than just  Slaughterhouse -
Slaughterhouse put out a pure hip hop album, what everybody bitches about & "wants" & people find a way to make it seem like a "mixtape".
The same phenomenon continually happens to 50.  There's clearly a group of "internet hip-hop fans" who are confused.  They claim they want something but then they bitch when they get it.  They're the truest haters.  They pose themselves as people who enjoy a certain artist just so they can hate.

6.  There's nothing wrong with being mainstream.  I laugh at thee who uses it as an insult.  

Ya'll should just learn to appreciate both of them.  They're different artists in different spheres of hip-hop.  Clearly, Cudi is more indie influenced while Slaughterhouse is more  gangsta-rap influenced.   You've got to have a balance.  It's dope to compare and contrast but it's like talking about apples and oranges.  Both can fulfil different desires so why waste the energy hating?

Move on!

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2009, 08:07:02 PM »
^very respectable post.

nice way of plugging in "move on". :P

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2009, 10:27:34 PM »

what evidence is there that i am "denial" of that? somebody says, "fuck this mainstream shit, fuck that nigga Wayne, fuck that nigga Gucci, FUCK IT! i want that fucking real hip hop. real rap, real lyrics, blah blah blah".

that happens & people find a way to nit-pick at it because they are in talks of being better than your favorite rapper lol.

& as for the NWA thing, you can twist & turn that which ever way you feel like it, but the fact is, if Cube was spittin' Royce's verses, Eazy was spittin' Joell's, MC Ren was spittin' Budden's verses & Dre was spittin' Crooked's; bar for bar, it would be "one of the greatest, most classic things ever".

stuck.
in.
the.
past.

bro, you really play yourself in these threads.  who's talking about old school?  that's you bringing it up.  you have some complex that when someone doesn't think slaughterhouse/buddddden are the greatest hip hop artists, you immediately label them a hater and that they are stuck in the past.

I mean, in your world the only difference between NWA and slaughterhouse is the guys names now?  NWA is responsible for more undisputed classic albums than slaughterhouse even has just plain recorded songs.  I mean this is such a ridiculous statement, it really doesn't even warrant a rebuttal.

Please just try and maintain what very little credibility you have and stop making these ridiculous comparisons that have no basis whatsoever.   

And who would my favorite rapper be?  Please tell me cuz I have no idea. 

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2009, 01:51:42 AM »
People will complain about anything and everything.If slaughterhouse makes lyrical songs,their not making songs,if their making a club song like the one people complain its not lyrical and too mainstream lol.If 50 cent makes club records hes not grimey enough,he drops before i self destruct and now its too grimey lol.

And i hate the whole their lyricists but they cant make songs,thats such bullshit.Move on isnt a song?Microphone?Rain drops?Cut you loose?pray for me?Give me a fucking break already.

People will never be happy with anyone these days.They need to learn to appreciate music for what it is and stop nit picking at what it isnt.If i want to listen to lyrical shit i listen to slaughterhouse,when i want grimey new york ill listen to cormega etc etc.I dont complain about what they cant do,I enjoy what they do.

I concur. This is so true. Amen

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2009, 02:37:08 AM »
Typical responses,if people dont like cudi its because its not gangsta rap.Maybe its just because the album wasnt very good.I enjoyed his mixtape more then the actual album.It has nothing to do with lyrical content.More the fact the album sounded like 808s and heartbreaks but with cudi isntead of kanye.
but when people say the Slaughterhouse album isn't that good they are hating? I enjoyed the pre-album leaks more than the actual album. t has nothing to do with lyrical content, mmore the fact the album sounded rushed, and they fucked up by making a song like "The One", when they said they wouldn't let the labels decide what kind of singles they would do, and then making a single, with the only purpose to get airplay
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Raphael

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2009, 02:44:50 AM »
damn, the haters are acting like Slaughterhouse isn't the best thing that happened to music since Mozart.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2009, 03:34:09 AM »
Jeez why is everybody getting so butt hurt over this. Yes, they had some nice songs but the majority of the album was still just random tough guy talk. It lacked a vibe and was poorly produced. Whether it's because it was made in 2 weeks or not is irrelevant because they were obviously happy with the album, if not they wouldn't have released it. And let's face it for 4 guys who claim to be on some "real" hip hop, fuck the mainstream attitude they released the first single, which was a corny attempt at an already played out Eminem first single formula, that was an obvious cry for mainstream attention. I do hope that they pick things up on the next album but realistically speaking I don't see that happening. You got Crooked I who doesn't have an album after being in the game for 10+ years for a reason, Royce who struggles to release that gem that we all know that he is capable of, Budden who's a great songwriter but lacks in delivery and Ortiz who is the only complete artist in the group imo.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2009, 03:51:51 AM »
I dont see anyone butt hurt here, this is just really quality conversation with with good points on both sides. Different people like different types of music and feel music on different levels, thats there is here.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

OchoCinco

« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2009, 11:01:40 AM »

stuck.
in.
the.
past.

bro, you really play yourself in these threads.  who's talking about old school?  that's you bringing it up.  you have some complex that when someone doesn't think slaughterhouse/buddddden are the greatest hip hop artists, you immediately label them a hater and that they are stuck in the past.

I mean, in your world the only difference between NWA and slaughterhouse is the guys names now?  NWA is responsible for more undisputed classic albums than slaughterhouse even has just plain recorded songs.  I mean this is such a ridiculous statement, it really doesn't even warrant a rebuttal.

Please just try and maintain what very little credibility you have and stop making these ridiculous comparisons that have no basis whatsoever.   

thank you for wording that so well. Basically its what I was trying to get across the whole time.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2009, 01:59:32 PM »

stuck.
in.
the.
past.

thank you for wording that so well. Basically its what I was trying to get across the whole time.

which was?

yeah, i brought up the old school, because if they were from the old school none of you guys would say anything bad about them.

i'm not comparing the two, you're just putting words in my mouth; all i'm saying if NWA found dropped the Slaughterhouse album bar for bar you guys would like it more, i don't see how that is so stupid, esspecially considering it's true lol.

i was also speaking in general, i have no idea who your favorite rapper is, nor do i care, it's just the principal that if you feel your favorite rapper, whoever it may be, is  being compared to these guys & it upsets you.

lol, and with such a narrow-minded board, i don't expect to have alot of credibility, you can't hold a conversation or try to make a point without somebody just getting personal because they are upset; it truly defeats the purpose of the board, in my opinion.

but i feel i have more than you considering all i ever see out of you are posts that are just "this sucks, that sucks, you suck; hate, hate, hate; negative, negative, negative".

but if rap forum credibility is what you look for in life & being accepted by a bunch of people you don't know, power to you, buddy.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2009, 02:54:24 PM »
i never understood why people hated on Slaughterhouse.

i mean, you can all deny it, but it's obvious that people kind of throw them in a negative light whenever given the chance.

i mean, you sit here & bitch about how much mainstream rap is terrible & you get four of the best lyricist alive in a group & they somehow get shitted on lol.

this songs speaks levels of realness that goes off the scale, what more do you possibly want?
i think i said fuck slaughterhouse once, as i got tired of the hype. the group gets a lot of praise on here.
i have nothing against the group though.