Author Topic: 100,000+ protesting in Copenhagen?  (Read 1493 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: 100,000+ protesting in Copenhagen?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 10:33:37 AM »

You do realize that the protesters are demanding that the heads of state meeting in Copenhagen commit their countries to binding treaties to cut and cap greenhouse gas emissions?

They are not protesting that global warming is false or that it isn't man-made.  :)

They are actually protesting for the Copenhagen conference to be successful and demanding that the proposed caps be higher than what has officially been proposed.

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/europe/12dec09-copenhagen-protests-79121382.html

Sure, but there are many people that are protesting because the science reported was proven fraudulent.

Al Gore is shitting his pants, he gets harassed everywhere he goes since climategate came out.

Probably, although the reason you made this thread was to highlight the protests in Copenhagen and the supposed media blackout on them....

The majority of the world wants an international binding treaty on greenhouse gases, this week theres been protests all around the world in favor. The masses have spoken, maybe on what they do not entirely know or understand, but they have still spoken.

lol, how do you know what my reasoning was?  I just had no idea about it and made a joke that all i was seeing was with Tiger Woods.

They have spoken so loudly that things have been postponed, lol.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 10:37:51 AM »
If climate change is a hoax, the world's nations seem to believe it. Otherwise why would nations deliberately handicap their own industry and economies?

Uh, have you read how developing nations are opposing it?

Who said climate change was a hoax?  What I've said on the subject is that CRU has been proven to have lied, skewed, and all out falsified information which is proven through thousands of hacked emails.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 11:28:55 AM »

Supposing everyone was in full support of this global warming phenomenon which truly was the worst the world had ever seen, that all of the work of the scientists had the utmost integrity, that there were no flaws, that all of the maths added up, what you have through the UN treaty is a global goverance agreement which will monitor and regulate every facet of the economy. So when you look at what their stated long term goals are, the only possible way this comes about is by destroying the economy of the west.

The Overfiend

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 07:03:41 PM »
If climate change is a hoax, the world's nations seem to believe it. Otherwise why would nations deliberately handicap their own industry and economies?

Uh, have you read how developing nations are opposing it?

Who said climate change was a hoax?  What I've said on the subject is that CRU has been proven to have lied, skewed, and all out falsified information which is proven through thousands of hacked emails.

Uh, what do you mean by 'it'? They are opposing what?
The underdeveloped nations are not opposing an international treaty on emissions caps on the basis that the science is false, they are currently failing to reach an agreement because they want lower caps than the developed nations like with Kyoto, they want a continuation of Kyoto, rather than a new treaty cap system the same for all countries, because they feel developed countries owe them that.

Supposing everyone was in full support of this global warming phenomenon which truly was the worst the world had ever seen, that all of the work of the scientists had the utmost integrity, that there were no flaws, that all of the maths added up, what you have through the UN treaty is a global governance agreement which will monitor and regulate every facet of the economy. So when you look at what their stated long term goals are, the only possible way this comes about is by destroying the economy of the west.

Yeah but global governance will never be as air-tight or as straight forward as you portray, it is ever emerging but it is shakey and often than not gives way to state-centric desires. Just about all international treaties have a body established to monitor its implementation, but for example the IAEA can be duped and ignored just as we have seen with Iraq and the non-existent WMDs, it will be the same with this international treaty if it ever materializes, there will be loop-holes and state-centric desires to undermine it.  

I liked the movie Quantum of Solace because, IMO, it rightly portrayed a fragmented state-centric international order of the future fighting over dwindling resources. In comparison a co-operative order of global governance based on (in the great words of Bush Snr) 'the rule of law, not the rule of the jungle' is sadly just an ideal.

The aim isn't to destroy the West's economy with emissions caps, although yes it will slow it down: the aim is to change industry not destroy it. Maybe it is for the oligarchs in your lucid nightmares but I am not those men,I am Saladin.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:23:19 PM by Illuminati Clique »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 10:07:20 PM »
I just will say this, to deny global warming is to say the world is flat, and to think we as humans can't at least help in slowing down global warming, is to be just retarded. The End.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 10:15:28 PM »
I just will say this, to deny global warming is to say the world is flat, and to think we as humans can't at least help in slowing down global warming, is to be just retarded. The End.

That's ironic, because when the world thought the world was flat, the world was a lot warmer than it is now.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 11:53:50 PM »

dude, you get your political ideals from CNN, you're in over your head here.

Why don't you research about how EVERY other planet in our solar system is undergoing drastic changes.  Yes, stupid humans are indeed hurting the environment, but aren't the sole cause behind what you are seeing.

Matty

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 12:08:45 AM »
i think it's fair to assume that as a race we aren't living in harmony with the planet, natural resources, etc.

but its a completely other thing to believe that the specific line peddled to us about just one issue (supposed global warming) which in turn will generate a whole load of new regulation and government income, would be anything other that fradulent. those e-mails are pretty decent evidence that a big scientific 'conspiracy' is not only feasible, it's actually been going on, much to the dismay of the establishment and conventional thinking peeps.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 02:50:29 AM by Matty »

Matty

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 02:48:47 AM »
its hardly surprising though, 'conspiracy' theorists and 'fringe' elements have been saying that is definitely the case for a while now. and just anyone that could see through the flimsy story being put forth by the media.

The Overfiend

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 03:53:53 AM »
Whether climate change is man-made or not was never the issue because Earth reaches a cycle about this point, the point is that the effects of climate change may be more severe this time around because of the effects that human-industry has had on the planet.

Regardless of this the damage may already be done and climate change irreversible or unstoppable anyway, as I personally believe it is. However, the real issue for me has always been ENERGY. So far I've supported the mainstream political hype because ultimately the aim is to change how we use energy and how  we get it so as to remain viable on this planet, anything else is simply a selling point.  

My mind too strong moving at an exceptional pace
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 04:30:34 AM by Illuminati Clique »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 05:04:34 AM »

Simplistic soundbites which don't attempt to address anything, we know there is no concensus, we know that the earth has experienced warming in the last 100 years, we know for the last 10 years it hasn't, we know the polar bears are not dying, they can show you footage of an ice cap melting all they like, it doesn't mean that the volume of ice caps overall is significantly melting, you have warm periods and you have cool periods. We know that information has been falsified, withheld, in other words we know that rampant fraud has been taking place which has led to inaccurate (diplomatically put) data. So we know the case itself is based on lies, so for you to ignore that, makes your whole response baseless.

As for the other response given about slowing down the economy, define slowing down? there was already a 5% retraction in the UK economy last year last alone, a 90% cut means rationing out electricity, rationing oil, and the cap and trade system is designed so the richest will continue to pollute, the small companies will simply fold up. I hope you are right and a fracturing does set in, BUT these developing countries know the ramifications of cutting carbon dioxide, it means reducing output, therefore reducing economic growth and with it less wealth. So the reason these countries are jostling is because it has a severe effect on wealth, so it's no different for the west either. When the middle class, particularly lower to middle middle class have just been frozen out courtesy of no real wage increases for well over a decade, they now want to reduce living standards much much further still.

Ask people in the third world if they live in a free enlightened society, and the unanimous answer will be hell no, that's why they want to become developed, prosperity for the many is intertwined with freedom.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 05:00:09 PM »

Simplistic soundbites which don't attempt to address anything, we know there is no concensus, we know that the earth has experienced warming in the last 100 years, we know for the last 10 years it hasn't, we know the polar bears are not dying, they can show you footage of an ice cap melting all they like, it doesn't mean that the volume of ice caps overall is significantly melting, you have warm periods and you have cool periods. We know that information has been falsified, withheld, in other words we know that rampant fraud has been taking place which has led to inaccurate (diplomatically put) data. So we know the case itself is based on lies, so for you to ignore that, makes your whole response baseless.

As for the other response given about slowing down the economy, define slowing down? there was already a 5% retraction in the UK economy last year last alone, a 90% cut means rationing out electricity, rationing oil, and the cap and trade system is designed so the richest will continue to pollute, the small companies will simply fold up. I hope you are right and a fracturing does set in, BUT these developing countries know the ramifications of cutting carbon dioxide, it means reducing output, therefore reducing economic growth and with it less wealth. So the reason these countries are jostling is because it has a severe effect on wealth, so it's no different for the west either. When the middle class, particularly lower to middle middle class have just been frozen out courtesy of no real wage increases for well over a decade, they now want to reduce living standards much much further still.

Ask people in the third world if they live in a free enlightened society, and the unanimous answer will be hell no, that's why they want to become developed, prosperity for the many is intertwined with freedom.

So we should do nothing to make ourselves better and make cleaner burning energy that will allow less pollution in the air.If you don't believe in air pollution, drive in LA in traffic during the hot summer months and then try to see the mountains that are only 15 miles away. You can't. You talk all these economical terms, as if that's the only thing that drives this world, not the responsibility we have to keep it clean. For almost 2 centuries, massive industrialization in our world has changed our environment, it's change rates in asthma (cities with high air pollution have high number of asthma rates), we have increases in cancer (only 3% of deaths in 1900 were of cancer, in 2000, it's up to about 20%), we just live in an unhealthy world.

Another thing is that 1 billion people don't have drinkable water. You talk about causing nations to not be industrialized, well many nations biggest threat is the fact that their countries don't even have drinkable water. If you live in an area were there is a high Somali population, like Minneapolis, ask the ones old enough to remember Somalia if they had drinkable water. More than likely, they didn't. Many countries need to start from the bottom up in their development. Why do these countries never develop, even though they are provided with aid, after aid. You can't start building factories if your people don't even have water. These countries are developing backwards, and they trying to become the next China when they have worst water than Mexico.

Of course people in developing countries don't want a free enlightened society, they want water, food, medicine and education for their kids.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »

So we should do nothing to make ourselves better and make cleaner burning energy that will allow less pollution in the air.If you don't believe in air pollution, drive in LA in traffic during the hot summer months and then try to see the mountains that are only 15 miles away. You can't. You talk all these economical terms, as if that's the only thing that drives this world, not the responsibility we have to keep it clean. For almost 2 centuries, massive industrialization in our world has changed our environment, it's change rates in asthma (cities with high air pollution have high number of asthma rates), we have increases in cancer (only 3% of deaths in 1900 were of cancer, in 2000, it's up to about 20%), we just live in an unhealthy world.

Another thing is that 1 billion people don't have drinkable water. You talk about causing nations to not be industrialized, well many nations biggest threat is the fact that their countries don't even have drinkable water. If you live in an area were there is a high Somali population, like Minneapolis, ask the ones old enough to remember Somalia if they had drinkable water. More than likely, they didn't. Many countries need to start from the bottom up in their development. Why do these countries never develop, even though they are provided with aid, after aid. You can't start building factories if your people don't even have water. These countries are developing backwards, and they trying to become the next China when they have worst water than Mexico.

Of course people in developing countries don't want a free enlightened society, they want water, food, medicine and education for their kids.

Firstly my friend you mistake my words, I am not disputing with you on any of the things you have just said there, I know we pollute, I know it's had a real impact on human health. My point was they are making this whole issue about carbon dioxide and my point was the argument itself is based on lies and deceptions and the alarmist hysteria they have employed does nothing to address the issues of pollution. However meanwhile contrast the pollution in most of the west with china and india, this aimed at the west, when perversely the west has cleaned up a lot.

The most wacky and perverse story I have seen was the ministry of defence announcing it was reducing C02 emissions from it's tanks!, not banning depleted uranium you understand, but just C02 lol. The fact is the world needs C02 because it forms a layer of protection around the earth, now the other fact is, lets say that humans were causing global warming, statistics alone, tell you that the natural sources of carbon are just as responsible, so by that alone, it is a complete falsehood to say that even if every human was wiped out, that global warming would stop.

So this isn't an altruistic ideology and where the transition from pollutant to cleaner can be made quite quickly, then that's all well and good, but they just jumped onto carbon dioxide because since everything we do produces it even right now, your lights, your pc, your monitor, your tv etc etc, then they can use it to control every facet of our lives through a carbon rationing card and while squeezing and squeezing, they will push the living standards further and further down.

It is important to once again put re emphasis (broken record snydrome on the fact that they want 90% reductions on C02, i.e. all activities outside of breathing that produce carbon dioxide they have said will be no more. Now meanwhile and once again broken record syndrome lol, research what contraction and convergence is, they don't want to make life better, they want to consume even more power.

Now as for you talking about clean water, food, yes, it's called the Maslow Hierarchy Of Needs, but if they are dictated to and controlled, then the most they can ever hope for is sustenance, but that is the most basic of needs and the only way they can prosper is by not allowing themselves to be dictated to. The third world is only the third world because it has been held down.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:27:05 PM by virtuoso »

The Overfiend

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2009, 05:33:29 PM »

The real issue is that there is a dependence on oil and gas that cannot last coupled with an ever-growing energy demand;

in order to remain viable and thrive on this here planet we must change from where and how we use energy.

Its ultimately fear-mongering from all around telling us that this will lead to the destruction of economies and depopulation and genocide, then on the other hand being told we will all suffer if we 'dont act on climate change' anyway. There will naturally be a slow in the world's economies, and famine and genocide will continue as they have always done because this is not heaven its the world. But the aim is that from this period new industry will emerge under new guidelines and with it a potential for greater energy sovereignty.

The human race is not divided into the irrational and the rational, as some idealists think. All humans are irrational, but there are two different kinds of irrationality - those who love old ideas and hate and fear new ones, and those who despise old ideas and joyfully embrace new ones. Homo neophobus and homo neophilus. Neophobus is the original human stock, the stock that hardly changed at all for the first four million years of human history. Neophilus is the creative mutation that has been popping up at regular intervals during the past million years, giving the race little forward pushes, the kind you give a wheel to make it spin faster and faster. Neophilus makes a lot of mistakes, but he or she moves. They live life the way it should be lived, ninety-nine percent mistakes and one percent viable mutations.

-Robert Anton Wilson

The Illuminatus! Trilogy: The Eye in the Pyramid, The Golden Apple, Leviathan

MediumL

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2009, 03:10:51 PM »
LOL @ people not beilieving in climate change in 2009. I bet some of you don't believe in evolution either  :laugh:

How can the CO2 levels in a planet change so drastically over 100yrs which in the universe is little to no time?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>