Author Topic: 100,000+ protesting in Copenhagen?  (Read 1500 times)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 100,000+ protesting in Copenhagen?
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 07:14:03 PM »
LOL @ people not beilieving in climate change in 2009. I bet some of you don't believe in evolution either  :laugh:

How can the CO2 levels in a planet change so drastically over 100yrs which in the universe is little to no time?

If you had bothered to actually read on these things, you would notice 5 things, firstly the graphs have been manipulated, secondly information has been withheld or deleted (which is criminal by the way) thirdly regarding what scientists actually say, they indicate that humans are responsible for a warming in the last 20 years, not the last 100! the latter is the soundbite used, fourthly in the last decade the trend has been ever so slightly downwards, or essentially it's stopped rising and finally there is no concensus, so with all of these things added into the pot, you should actually read instead of simply assuming everything is black and white.

The Overfiend

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2009, 08:07:58 AM »
I think the science is fairly solid on what CO2 does and is.

Pick up and read on it read!!! Instead of getting all your information from a screen and personalities, do your own reading and understand shit for yourself.

Plants soak up about 30% of CO2 usually but we are putting more and more CO2 and other shit into the atmosphere and the ecosystem.

So its like a full bathtub without the plug in that is draining, BUT; the taps are fully on.

CO2 helps trap heat in the Earth's atmosphere and the temperature of the Earth and thus... fucks with the environment!!!

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2009, 08:43:44 AM »
I think the science is fairly solid on what CO2 does and is.

Pick up and read on it read!!! Instead of getting all your information from a screen and personalities, do your own reading and understand shit for yourself.

Plants soak up about 30% of CO2 usually but we are putting more and more CO2 and other shit into the atmosphere and the ecosystem.

So its like a full bathtub without the plug in that is draining, BUT; the taps are fully on.

CO2 helps trap heat in the Earth's atmosphere and the temperature of the Earth and thus... fucks with the environment!!!

Since you are implying that I don't read on it let me ask you...

What should the right temperature be?
should the earth not warm? should it in fact cool?
if so, by what temperature is appropriate for the earth? by what proportion of the earths warming is C02 responsible?
by what proportion of that is humans contribution to C02 responsible?
why is christopher monckton open challenge for scientists to debate him ignored?
why if the evidence is so compelling to the east anglian institute decide that audit climate should not get a hold of data and so asked other scientists within it's institution to delete it?
Scientists estimate that the earth is 4.5 billion years old, in light of that, is 150 years of data a definitive case?
Is this the hottest it's ever been? if not, how long did the hot period continue for before?
Why do they call it a concensus when tens of thousands of scientists disagree? http://www.oism.org/pproject/
Why is it that every other sector of science uses hypothesis to state what the trends and yet in this field, these alarmists state that x will definitely happen, what is it that makes them so infallible?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:39:52 AM by virtuoso »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 09:39:50 AM »
You are arguing the wrong argument. First off, CO2 does help cause global warming, second CO, which cars give out, is more harmful than CO2. Also, OIL IS LIMITED... let me say that again, oil is limited. If anything, we should change fuels because we are going to run out of oil someday, and we need a plan B, C and D. You are a market person, well is it any fault of the market that shows green energy and low admissions cars are selling. LED Christmas lights instead of regular, energy bulbs over regular bulbs. I say this, you want some reading on our depleting oil supply, then here you go. http://quasar.unibas.ch/~fisker/401/oil/oil.html Filled with tons of links and references please read that.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2009, 10:03:07 AM »
You are arguing the wrong argument. First off, CO2 does help cause global warming, second CO, which cars give out, is more harmful than CO2. Also, OIL IS LIMITED... let me say that again, oil is limited. If anything, we should change fuels because we are going to run out of oil someday, and we need a plan B, C and D. You are a market person, well is it any fault of the market that shows green energy and low admissions cars are selling. LED Christmas lights instead of regular, energy bulbs over regular bulbs. I say this, you want some reading on our depleting oil supply, then here you go. http://quasar.unibas.ch/~fisker/401/oil/oil.html Filled with tons of links and references please read that.

Lol do you even know what you are talking about? C0 is carbon monoxide which results in incomplete burning of fossil fuels, as opposed to C02 which produces more oxygen than it does carbon hence it gives life as opposed to starving the environment. Carbon monoxide is a problem in an enclosed space of course, because your body is then robbed of oxygen but other than that, it can freely escape. No offence but you are the person who spoke about the poison we see being emitted into the air from factories (carbon monoxide) except we don't see it, we don't taste it, we don't smell it. As for oil there are hundreds and hundreds of years of it and that's from my existing supplies, google oil found, there are thousands of links all over the world to various reserves. I agree if you can get away from the dependency without severely hurting the existing economy then great.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2009, 10:38:17 AM »

Lol do you even know what you are talking about? C0 is carbon monoxide which results in incomplete burning of fossil fuels, as opposed to C02 which produces more oxygen than it does carbon hence it gives life as opposed to starving the environment. Carbon monoxide is a problem in an enclosed space of course, because your body is then robbed of oxygen but other than that, it can freely escape. No offence but you are the person who spoke about the poison we see being emitted into the air from factories (carbon monoxide) except we don't see it, we don't taste it, we don't smell it. As for oil there are hundreds and hundreds of years of it and that's from my existing supplies, google oil found, there are thousands of links all over the world to various reserves. I agree if you can get away from the dependency without severely hurting the existing economy then great.

Oh dear god, you are reaching. You know, like I know what CO is all about, and you know like I know that we may have so many years of oil, but it will run out soon, and we will need to change, and 100 years is actually not that far off in the big picture. The reason we have more oil supply that previously thought is because of how much nations are cutting their oil supply. We are in a place right now that allows us to use less, therefore prolonging our existing oil supply. If nations like China and India though, with 2 billion people between them, 1/3rd the worlds population, use oil at the same rate we use oil, we will be out of oil in very short time. If they developed like the rest of the world did, there would be no more oil. We need to move away from oil if we want to ensure that economies do develop and that nations reach their full potential.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2009, 10:45:07 AM »

Actually if you read into last year's output, supply actually increased while demand fell which brought into light just how the speculators were in driving prices further and further up. I think there are many hundreds of years of oil left, but I don't disagree, if we can move away from our dependance on oil while not having our living standards driven further down then show me where this is going to come from. The immediate answer might be windfarms etc but it's a fact they don't produce enough energy, so the alternative then is nuclear power but environmentalists say no fuck that, we aren't having that, so then I am asking you, what energy sources?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2009, 10:52:53 AM »

Actually if you read into last year's output, supply actually increased while demand fell which brought into light just how the speculators were in driving prices further and further up. I think there are many hundreds of years of oil left, but I don't disagree, if we can move away from our dependance on oil while not having our living standards driven further down then show me where this is going to come from. The immediate answer might be windfarms etc but it's a fact they don't produce enough energy, so the alternative then is nuclear power but environmentalists say no fuck that, we aren't having that, so then I am asking you, what energy sources?

For now, I'm not sure, but it's something our investors need to put money on. Because who ever figures it out will be the Rockefeller of the future.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2009, 10:59:37 AM »

Exactly, you have just illustrated the nihilistic loony tendencies of at least some of these environmentalists, they want us to abandon the core energy's we use now without having any alternatives to fall back on.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2009, 03:32:30 PM »

Exactly, you have just illustrated the nihilistic loony tendencies of at least some of these environmentalists, they want us to abandon the core energy's we use now without having any alternatives to fall back on.

*Slap hand on head moment*

No one wants to just abandon what we have now, well at least those with sanity. Check it, those that want to abandon what we have are the equivalent of those "Tea Baggers" that Keith Olbermann talks about who are racist and think Obama was born in Kenya, even though his mom was a straight white American. Most environmentalist are claiming change. You know in California, home to the most extreme environmentalist, when it was proposed to build new power plants that aren't yet using green energy, to replace the older power plants, they said yes because newer power plants are cleaner and it would be an improvement to what is going on now. You take extreme environmentalist, the ones that also don't eat meat and are afraid of animal fur, and you make them out to be all liberals. How is that possible. I know conservatives who are trying to be green now. It's not a matter shifting economics, it's a matter of doing what's right.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2009, 04:28:08 PM »

No one wants to just abandon what we have now, well at least those with sanity. Check it, those that want to abandon what we have are the equivalent of those "Tea Baggers" that Keith Olbermann talks about who are racist and think Obama was born in Kenya, even though his mom was a straight white American. Most environmentalist are claiming change. You know in California, home to the most extreme environmentalist, when it was proposed to build new power plants that aren't yet using green energy, to replace the older power plants, they said yes because newer power plants are cleaner and it would be an improvement to what is going on now. You take extreme environmentalist, the ones that also don't eat meat and are afraid of animal fur, and you make them out to be all liberals. How is that possible. I know conservatives who are trying to be green now. It's not a matter shifting economics, it's a matter of doing what's right.

I never mentioned liberals, i don't get into all of that bs, because they usually aren't what it says on the tin anyway lol. I am telling you what it's like in the UK, environmentalists cry about coal power stations, so instead they are saying okay the long term future will be many nuclear power stations and they cry about that to and as there is no magical cure, they illustrate my point.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2009, 05:03:47 PM »

I never mentioned liberals, i don't get into all of that bs, because they usually aren't what it says on the tin anyway lol. I am telling you what it's like in the UK, environmentalists cry about coal power stations, so instead they are saying okay the long term future will be many nuclear power stations and they cry about that to and as there is no magical cure, they illustrate my point.

See, but here's the thing. Because one side pushes so hard, you push back even harder. You get into this, global warming doesn't exist, we're ruining economies bs. We need to worry about a limited supply of oil that we have, we need to make progress with everyday. Your realities in the UK are not the realities in the US. In a state ran by environmentalist, they encourage building new plants that run a fossil fuels because they are cleaner than the ones that exist. You know what that is, progress and making concessions. You think because things are one way, that there's a black and a white. Well the world ain't black and white, there's a whole lot of brown in it too...  :bandit:

The Overfiend

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2009, 06:31:17 PM »
Word to that. Thats exactly it too: progress and making concessions.

This is not heaven its the World.

A lot of these nations are poor and can't and won't do shit for their people anyway. At least this way they would've got some money to develop alternative forms of energy.  

But what may happen is that there will not be a heavy international treaty, maybe a watered down general treaty and then countries that want will make their own binding contracts.

This is the start of a lot of international comitology on carbon emissions.

Renewable energy means energy sovereignty for nations and the people

because you can't take away the wind, the sun and the tidal...unless we really fuck ourselves and the Earth's ecosystem up.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 06:16:48 AM by Illuminati Clique »

The Overfiend

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2009, 09:06:41 AM »
The fuck you two talking about? Of course CEE-OH-FUCKING 2 helps warm the globe. CO2 absorbs some of the heat radiation from the Earth's surface and reradiates it back downward, hence warming the surface.

CO2 is naturally created and is usually absorbed by plants that remove 30%, 25% by the oceans and 45% usually remains in the atmosphere. HOWEVER, given that we, humankind, came along there has been an increase in burning of fossil fuels so right now CO2 is released by us creatures into the atmosphere nearly twice as fast as it is naturally removed. Now four-fifths of CO2 comes from fossil fuels. FOUR-FIFTHS.

C02 levels have not been this high for at least 800,000 years. Even if the Earth heats naturally as a result of the Sun we have deforested the fuck out of the planet so the natural remedies the Earth had for maintaining the usual conditions we are used to are slipping away.

So obviously shit is a cause for concern. We are taking pre-cautions trying to get this thing moving, not to mention there a heap of other reasons like oil reason to illuminate us in our decision to shift-gears to renewable energy and infrastructure.

We handling the globe right now nah mean
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:20:12 AM by Illuminati Clique »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2009, 11:02:02 AM »
The fuck you two talking about? Of course CEE-OH-FUCKING 2 helps warm the globe. CO2 absorbs some of the heat radiation from the Earth's surface and reradiates it back downward, hence warming the surface.

Even this is not as simple as simply saying that it traps 45%, how much escapes back out of the earth again?

CO2 is naturally created and is usually absorbed by plants that remove 30%, 25% by the oceans and 45% usually remains in the atmosphere. HOWEVER, given that we, humankind, came along there has been an increase in burning of fossil fuels so right now CO2 is released by us creatures into the atmosphere nearly twice as fast as it is naturally removed. Now four-fifths of CO2 comes from fossil fuels. FOUR-FIFTHS.

Four fifths of carbon dioxide can not come from fossil fuels or 2 things would have happened, firstly scientists pushing global warming would state 2 things, firstly that humans are directly responsible for 80% of the worlds C02, which they don't and secondly why would they say we are mostly attributable in the last 20 years, why in the last 20 years? i.e. why the concentration on the last 20 years if indeed what you just stated is true

C02 levels have not been this high for at least 800,000 years. Even if the Earth heats naturally as a result of the Sun we have deforested the fuck out of the planet so the natural remedies the Earth had for maintaining the usual conditions we are used to are slipping away.
Well lets assume that's true, we know from climate studies that vineyards were being grown in Northen England during the roman reign, we also know that Italy San Remo has experienced much hotter temperatures in the last 300 years than it is now. So with those 2 facts, we can state that there can not be a correlation between carbon dioxide and temperature. Since now, we are talking about lesser temperatures in those places and yet more carbon dioxide. The other problem is we know that The East Anglian institute has been lying, so how can we possibly trust that the above statement is true?

So obviously shit is a cause for concern. We are taking pre-cautions trying to get this thing moving, not to mention there a heap of other reasons like oil reason to illuminate us in our decision to shift-gears to renewable energy and infrastructure.

Regulating carbon dioxide is just going to further empower the rich corporations and the rich and fuck up everyone else and as for the money being given to the third world, how much do you think such a bureaucracy will cost to run? they will swallow up most of this, some of it will go to the despotic dictators, business as usual

We handling the globe right now nah mean
[/quote]