Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Malice N Wonderland : first week sales of 61,104 units  (Read 3851 times)

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
Re: Snoop Dogg - Malice N Wonderland : first week sales of 61,104 units
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2009, 05:17:09 PM »
I have been listening to Snoop Dogg since I was in High school...........when he first came out.....   that is a very long time.... I am from the days of Rap Pages....

some of you may not even know or heard of Rap Pages...... I have an autograph copy of snoop when he was on that cover......  

we all grow and something that everybody should understand that change is constant......  I wouldnt want to sit there and listen to snoop dogg say he doesn't love dem ho's    for 8 albums straight........  10   14  30 albums.........  its redundant..... yea not everything snoop does is good, but the majority of it is bangin.... what i have learned from this latest CD, which is TOP quality is that he has grown.... maybe some of you havent actually listened to the lyrics....... snoop is talking about being in love... with his kids and his wife and just life in general... this is not some  LSG, Boyz II Men type of love music this is  street  love from the hood, know where you come from music... for grown azz adults and ears..... I didn't love ho's back in the day either, and now I have two beautiful kids a wonderful woman, and we both love this CD......  Luvv Drunk is our song, and you have to be able to relate to the mind frame that snoop is at right now... It is Malice.... its nothing nice, ..... now I dont agree with that soldier boy son, whatever it is called,  but the rest grew on me.... blue carpet treatment was just that..hardcore...super gangsta... this is laid back smoothed out for grown folks..... its not going to be DoggyStyle or Top Dogg or last meal.....  If you cant grow as an artist... then you will remain the same and you will forgotten......       sales dont make a record anymore... we should all know that.. good artist dont always sell, and  shitty artist do sell, and everything in between....    Snoop doesnt make records just for sales anymore, he is in another level of ballin status.....  when you can travel around the world and your grandmother knows snoop like mine does and likes him..... sales wont matter... being relevant and relating to whats going on in your age range... like most of the lyrics state in his songs.... makes this one of thee best CD''s i have heard... .listen to the lyrics.... he has grown.....    

The best lines of the album...
Snoopy never played the role for which he wasn't built for....

that line says it all...... pimpn' aint easy....

and he is not talkin about hoes.... he is talkin about pimpn life...... and he continues to do it until this day....

not riding his dick..........   know when to step your game up.....  enough young cats to talk that hardcore stuff you like like Problem, and Game and others....

I am from the old school on this site, havent been on in years, but I used to KeyStyle Battle back in the day on this site.... many many ears ago....

holla atcha boy..... 8)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 05:20:31 PM by Sir Hambone »
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2009, 10:34:48 PM »
Corporate music labels have yall so conditioned, you don't even know it.  Got yall talkin about 1st week sales like it means a goddamn thing regarding how good the music is. 

Many people fall victim to the same rationalizations of these majors - which is the result of a businessman, not a musician, dictating the sound and direction of these album from a traditional product based sales model instead of just focusing on dope music and letting the rest sort itself out.

Yall don't even know that it used to be commonplace to have albums often slowly and steadily working their way up the charts over months and months time....that was because when a great ALBUM was put out, people talked about it for a long time.  It wasn't disposable shit that was played out after 2 listens.

I don't know, most peeps don't understand how the industry has purposely watered down true music into a "marketed product".  The game as it is isn't structred for longevity....they think ringtones are where music is going, lol.

Snoop and many others let these labels dictate what they say, do, and act.  It is what it is.

Regardless, this album is crap just like most everything from Snoop in a long ass time.  He sold out long ago.  I don't know how people don't see that.

We Fly High

« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2009, 11:03:20 PM »
I wish I was an A&R for this album.. oh well!!

haha but i am...

peep da credits..

goin from the dub to doing this... its been a crazy ride.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2009, 07:49:37 AM »
I wish I was an A&R for this album.. oh well!!

haha but i am...

peep da credits..

goin from the dub to doing this... its been a crazy ride.

I saw that man we have to work on something!! you have to get at me igot big plans for 2010  especially with this California MC im working with!

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2009, 08:24:14 AM »
Sir ham i aint a youngster myself im 30 yrs old and if you ask me this malice album aint a growth or maturity its snoop trying to do what appeals to the youngsters of today. I know some of the lyrical content in the album is about his kids and wife but cmon songs like pronto, upside down and gangsta luv...all that crap sounds like little kid music to me. You entitled to your own opinion im just stating how i feel about this album from another older fans perspective.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »
real talk

Sir ham i aint a youngster myself im 30 yrs old and if you ask me this malice album aint a growth or maturity its snoop trying to do what appeals to the youngsters of today. I know some of the lyrical content in the album is about his kids and wife but cmon songs like pronto, upside down and gangsta luv...all that crap sounds like little kid music to me. You entitled to your own opinion im just stating how i feel about this album from another older fans perspective.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2009, 09:53:22 AM »
People, please stop blaming downloading on shitty album sales.  That's the excuse that mainstream label execs use so they aren't held accountable for putting out bullshit music.  

I haven't bought a Snoop album since Last Meal and that album was half dope half wack.  Well ever since then, Snoops shit has been just that, shit.

I'm lovin all these mainstream flops, the quicker the mainstream labels fold the better off everyone will be.  Peace
exactly

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2009, 04:46:44 PM »
People, please stop blaming downloading on shitty album sales.  That's the excuse that mainstream label execs use so they aren't held accountable for putting out bullshit music.  

Nah, downloading is definitely killing the sales game... it's not like suddenly everyone became really picky about music and said no to bullshit... bullshit like MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Lil Wayne, etc has always sold well

Though I agree with you on this...

Corporate music labels have yall so conditioned, you don't even know it.  Got yall talkin about 1st week sales like it means a goddamn thing regarding how good the music is. 

Yall don't even know that it used to be commonplace to have albums often slowly and steadily working their way up the charts over months and months time....that was because when a great ALBUM was put out, people talked about it for a long time.  It wasn't disposable shit that was played out after 2 listens.

People today really are like, "well the album is wack to me, but I respect the hustle because it's got songs for the grandmas and the toddlers", as if we're all meant to be on the fucking chairman's board or have shares in Universal Music or some shit...
Back in the day heads weren't afraid to call something wack, you could be selling millions, but if your music was wack you'd get no respect from real Hip-Hop fans, but today everyone is given a free pass because they're "getting their hustle on" or some bullshit

Co-sign about old albums creeping up too... I think Nas's Illmatic was a joint like that, it took like 5 years to go platinum, and still sold steadily ever since it dropped

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2009, 06:05:19 PM »
MIA isn't too bad. Like it much better than Ego Trippin for sure.

You gotta be kidding me - Ego Trippin' shits on this bullshit ass album all the way..! You got 3 really good songs on "Malice N Wonderland":

- I Wanna Rock
- Different Languages
- Secrets

Now 2 of these tracks are leftovers from previous albums

Which 2 are leftovers?

"Secrets" was made like 5 years ago durning R&G sessions with the OG version being a Kokane solo track while "Different Languages" is a Ego Trippin' leftover..

Pimpin aint Easy also is leftover from BCT...

Snoop doesnt make records just for sales anymore

Are you serious?
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Will_B

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2009, 01:09:26 PM »
Did Pimpin Aint Easy leak back then or was it written about? :)