Author Topic: My Brown And Black Soldiers Stand Up!!!  (Read 139 times)

Jazzy Management

• Lil Geezy
  • Jazzy Management
My Brown And Black Soldiers Stand Up!!!
« on: December 15, 2009, 04:49:42 AM »
Every time I hear about the death of a young brown or black person murdered on the streets of inner-city America, im shocked by the brutality inflicted. I’ve lost a lot of homies to violence and, as a child growing up in Los Angeles, I’ve attended too many funerals to even keep count. Sadly, the only way I am able to remember to this day is to count the number of obituaries that I have piled up on my closet shelf.

I recently read an article that highlights the epidemic of violence that so many youth often fall victim to and it kills me.

While most of the killings have taken place on neighborhood streets and not during school hours, it is incredible to imagine that in a school year over 300 school children could have been the victim of violence. But let’s be clear: the problem of youth violence is much bigger than hip hop and  the public school system. It is truly a community issue that requires the resources and efforts of parents, schools, teachers, "HIP HOP ARTIS" and community members who refuse to  provide an excuse for the violence in our communities.

Truthfully, I’m heartbroken by the number of  brown and black children we lose each year to violence and the fact that this has been an ongoing problem for years with no signs of slowing. I have no idea if at the end of the day anyone truly cares about the suffering inflicted in our inner-cities. Maybe it’s the cynic in me who has seen this violence spiral for years with no signs of stopping. Maybe it’s the man in me who has lost brown and black brothers to violence or maybe it’s the father in me who has kids that refuses to allow them to be statistics. All I know is it’s time we do more in hip hop and on the streets. Its time we say enough is enough. The problems and violence are too rampant to allow this type of behavior to continue my people.

I could spend the rest of this post on the issue and the solutions but I believe we all know what they are. For once, I would like to take some time for us to remember the victims because it’s important to show a human side to the statistics, the heartache of mothers and fathers and families, and the devastation to our communities that stems from the death and potential of so many black and brown youth who could have transformed our communities, and even our world, in ways we can’t imagine.

. And for this, we should all feel sad. We are all failing our  brown and black kids and its not just about hip hop.           R.I.P    To All My Brown and Black  Soldiers We Lost On The Streets And in Prisons Around The World.... One Love!!!                                        

Peace from the Each 1 Teach 1 Movement For Unity!!  Jazzy Management
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 05:06:26 AM by Jazzy Management »

Contact me for booking and promotions: 818-320-1299

www.myspace.com/jazzymanagementinc
www.myspace.com/gangstagranny

DPGC23

Re: My Brown And Black Soldiers Stand Up!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 09:15:23 PM »
DOPE SHIT

RIP

PPL DONT RESPECT NOW A DAYZ

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE