Author Topic: The 10 Commandments  (Read 584 times)

infinite59

Re:The 10 Commandments
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2002, 06:24:14 PM »
Is "Allah" THAT insecure that he considers killing or stealing a lesser crime than "associating" other gods with him or in place of him? ::)

Allah doesn't follow the US constitution and Bill of Rights if that's what you were asking.

infinite59

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2002, 06:26:00 PM »
I practice all the commandments except for the one about not working on the Sabath.  I remember I was friends with a Mormon kid during little league baseball.  He was the best player on the team and when he'd miss games on sunday the team would lose.  Then in jr. high he wouldn't let me sign his yearbook because he thought I'd cuss in it.

Anyway..... I noticed something about those commandments that Christians need to beware of.  And that is shirk.  Associating partners with God.  It says, "Thou shall not make any likeness of me in heaven or Earth."   It is clear that Christians have made Jesus God's partner and son.  This is the worst kind of sin.  The Holy Qur'an teaches that the only unforgiveable sin is to associate partners with God.

Ah, good thing I don't believe what the Qur'an says, Or I'd go to hell!  Whew, that was a close one.  

No, your going against your own holy books.  It says in the ten commandments, "Thou shall not make any likeness of me in heaven or Earth."  And Christians allow Jesus a position of partnership with God, making him his son and the embodiment of God on Earth, God in the flesh.

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2002, 06:42:21 PM »
Oh, so you DO believe that verse in the old testament, but yet fail to recognize the hundreds of verses in which God's son is talked about?  LOL Pick and choose, Pick and choose.  

Bow Down.  

infinite59

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2002, 07:22:41 PM »
Oh, so you DO believe that verse in the old testament, but yet fail to recognize the hundreds of verses in which God's son is talked about?  LOL Pick and choose, Pick and choose.  

Bow Down.  

No.  LOL.  For the third time.  You believe in the ten commandments.  So then why do you neglect those commandments by creating likeness to God?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2002, 07:23:05 PM by Infinite Ibrahim Abdul Hamid »

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2002, 07:55:03 PM »
We all break the commandments, as hard as we try.  As for the making a "likeness unto god" I don't.  You just misunderstand my religion.  Please don't make assumptions on it, I don't make assumptions on yours.  

infinite59

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2002, 02:37:18 AM »
We all break the commandments, as hard as we try.  As for the making a "likeness unto god" I don't.  You just misunderstand my religion.  Please don't make assumptions on it, I don't make assumptions on yours.  

Actually you did make assumptions in your little patriotism thread.  You said that I don't follow the Qur'an because I voice my anger towards your abbreviated intellect.  You made an assumption that the Qur'an says I can't do that.  It does not say that.  And yes, a son is a partner.  You say that Jesus is God's son, that is creating partners with God.  That is an unforgivable sin.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2002, 02:38:25 AM by Infinite Ibrahim Abdul Hamid »

Woodrow

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2002, 03:10:09 AM »
You say that Jesus is God's son, that is creating partners with God.  That is an unforgivable sin.
The bigotry comes out once again...

This happens once every couple of months and he keeps going back at it. How does he get punished? He gets a Mod position.

Lets not forget this:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=4438

infinite59

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2002, 03:29:41 AM »
You say that Jesus is God's son, that is creating partners with God.  That is an unforgivable sin.
The bigotry comes out once again...

This happens once every couple of months and he keeps going back at it. How does he get punished? He gets a Mod position.

Lets not forget this:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=4438

Yeah.  Trauma's religion says that Jesus has been in America.  I asked him to explain that once and he got upset.

Woodrow

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2002, 03:40:57 AM »

Yeah.  Trauma's religion says that Jesus has been in America.  I asked him to explain that once and he got upset.

Does the Quran have anything about telling a baldfaced lie in it?

You know what you said, if you wanna lie about it, go right ahead. Thats between you and your God...

Lets not forget this:
Allah teaches us to be patient, tolerant.  I was not.  An aversion overtook me after Trauma and Jake repeatedly called me the devil.  Trauma had previously reported me to the authorities as being a terrorist.  I then strayed away from everything I've been taught by my Islamic mentors, and I made attempts to discredit another man's religion.  

I sincearly ask for your forgiveness, Jake and Trauma.  And upon Isha prayer today I will ask for Allah's forgiveness.

In the future I will continue to defend my religion, but I will refrain from discrediting anothers religion.  I ask that Siavish and Tech help prevent me from doing this again.  I am eternally sorry and ask for forgiveness.  Peace.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=4429
« Last Edit: November 25, 2002, 03:41:27 AM by Engel-Rock »

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2002, 09:53:00 AM »
I don't have to explain my religion to you or anybody, Infiite, just like you don't have to explain yours.  

I can't believe you think it's alright to come on a thread about hte 10 commandments, and call us all sinners.  

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2002, 04:36:11 PM »
im tried to stay outta tihs, but i just gotta say that Trauma once did tell me theaccording to the Bible, jesus was son to God, and that he was sitting next to him in heaven... and like Infinite said: thats a contradiction...

and i wanna add that ive always wondered why christians (people/the church) have pictures of God and Jesus when the second commandment tells otherwise..

theese questions is only aimed towards traums, cuz i know that he will reply with an intelligent answer, and not like some other people people around here (hint: cwalker)

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2002, 04:55:02 PM »
Even the commandments have to be interpreted.  

One says "thou shalt not kill", but yet God also decreed earlier to moses what animals were clean and filthy, and how to kill them to eat them.  Isn't that killing?  So we interpret the "thou shalt not kill" commandment to mean Killing human life.  Well, God commanded many people to killl other people.  So, we have to interpret that the commandment means to unrighteously kill someone.  

EVERYTHING is like that.  Nothing is cut and dry, it all has to be interpreted by the individual.  That's why it's not proper for Infiinite to say all christians are sinners, when he's interpreting god's judgement on other people.  

When God said no images like unto him, he didn't say you can't make a statue of a bear.  he meant you can't make a statue of a bear, then worship that statue.  It's not THAT hard to figure out.

So, then you have christians with pictures of Christ.  We don't worship them, in the mormon church there's dozens of different pictures of christ that the church uses, and most dont' even look like the same person.  Why? Because we don't have a picture of him, lol just painings of what people thought he looked like.  There are also no pictures of Christ allowed in the Chapel, (although some are in the halls, etc. where prayer doesn't take place) because we don't pray to a picture, we pray to God.  

As for Christ being the son of God, he is... it mentions him all throughout the old testament, which I guess none of you have read, if you doubt it.  The old testament tells us, all the way back to adam about the savior, the lamb, the son of god that will enter the world, explains his glory, his purpose, etc.  I don't get your argument that Christ shouldn't be like unto God, because it tells us he is, all through the old testament.  It's not my opinion, LOL it's right there in the book.  

Really guys, I can't argue about the old testament with you if you've never even read it.  You know, abraham sacrificing his son (god sacrificing his son), All sacrifices had to be the strongest and first born of the flock (like Jesus), all the symbolism throughout the old testament with shephards, with sheep, with "The Son of God" being mentioned all throughout it, Surely SOMEWHERE you've seen mention of it.  Read Daniel and his friends, his friends getting thrown into the the firey pit, and King Nebuchenezzar seing Christ in the bottom of the pit with them (for instance, this is jsut one of hundreds of occurances of Jesus appearing in the old testament).

Peace~

OutSider

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2002, 04:59:28 PM »
jesus loves me  ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2002, 05:04:19 PM »
Yes, Yes he does, lol.  

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2002, 05:13:36 PM »
Yes, Yes he does, lol.  

i remember once saying that God is the only one christians shall pray to, not jesus or anybody else, and you replied that jesus is Gods representative on earth and that he is the one christians pray to,,,,