Author Topic: Yukmouth f/ Crooked I, Ray-J - I'm A Gangsta (GangstaBoogy Edit)  (Read 322 times)

GangstaBoogy

Yukmouth f/ Crooked I, Ray-J - I'm A Gangsta (GangstaBoogy Edit)
« on: December 20, 2009, 12:38:44 AM »
So in this song we have 3 of my favorite artist on the same track over a bangin beat and yet for some reason I couldn't get into the song. I finally figured out why - the format! Ray-J singing the the 2nd verse threw the vibe of the song off. So I hit the drawing board (cool edit pro) and fixed it. Now we have verse 1: Yukmouth, verse 2: Crooked I, verse 3: Ray-J. I also upped the volume just a tad and fixed the end (it ended kinda awkwardly). Enjoy...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/7012685677e84c32/

PS: Whoever that Dyson cat is, he really turned this song into a nice club track.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
Re: Yukmouth f/ Crooked I, Ray-J - I'm A Gangsta (GangstaBoogy Edit)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 02:53:31 AM »

that was well done ...

small thing but I agree 100% .. track is better now.

*thumbs up*

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 03:15:53 AM »
Look out for Dyson he's got unmatched hooks. He's on both Realest and Yuk's albums.

http://www.myspace.com/dysonsmusic he's got heat there too.

Good edit by the way.

Mietek23

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 03:46:07 AM »
Look out for Dyson he's got unmatched hooks. He's on both Realest and Yuk's albums.

http://www.myspace.com/dysonsmusic he's got heat there too.

Good edit by the way.

Yep, he did his thing on both albums. His chours in "Blind Livin" and "Memory Lane" are really good..

EFFeX

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 05:57:25 AM »
I actually liked Ray J going second, because I felt it lead up to Crooked's verse nicely and set him up to kill it. Broke the song up a little bit too.

Props for recognizing a great track though.

BTW: When you said you upped the volume, did you up it from the original leak of the song or the copy off Yukmouth's album, just curious.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 06:00:01 AM by EFFeX »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 11:16:49 AM »
i thought the sound quality was a little off throughout the album, it just didnt sound crisp enough.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

SheraZ

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 06:27:06 PM »
is it just me or is "she wanna dance with me" intro and the chorus a lil too loud compared to the rest of the song? but thanx good job homie!!

peace
www.thugtertainment.net  <- Hussein Fatal's Official Site!!

BORN LEGENDARY DROPPIN JUNE 16th on ITUNES and Thugtertainment.net (hardcopy)

EFFeX

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 06:29:14 PM »
i thought the sound quality was a little off throughout the album, it just didnt sound crisp enough.

You're definitely right about that.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 06:58:00 AM »

You're definitely right about that.

Same with million dolla mouthpiece, prior to that all his other albums were fine sound quality wise.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson