Author Topic: So who is the greatest rapper alive now that...  (Read 790 times)

Portugoal

Re: So who is the greatest rapper alive now that...
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 02:23:51 PM »
Can someone explain to me what's so special about new Lil Wayne/Eminem song? Cause I don't see it. Lil Wayne sucks (as usual) on that song and Eminem's parts are nothing more than mediocre. I don't think I played the song more than three times.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 02:31:26 PM »
Wtf  do you mean now? Lil Wayne was NEVER the best rapper alive. Talk about Eminem killing him on 2 tracks, go look what T.I. did to him on every song they appeared on together (especially "Swagger Like Us").

Speaking of which, I think T.I.'s name has to be in that category now along with Crooked I, Joe Budden, etc etc etc.

D was being sarcastic, but he does often get murdered on his own shit.

& chill, T.I. is dope, but he is mainstream; he is a singles rapper; a majority of people only talk about him & the singles he drops.

both Crooked, Budden & that group are just better than T.I. by a few miles, but they will never get the exposure T.I. gets, so props to T.I.
nah... tip is killin' anything he spittin on. trap muzik and king alone are hip hop masterpieces. no one's fuckin' wit tip lyrically imo.

lol.

Jaydc

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 02:39:11 PM »
t.i. aint shit next to ludacris i can tell you this here and now...!!!!!!!!!
best rapper alive, there are so many of them i cant name only one but im'a tell you this much, one that really shine right now is rae the chef he got 09' on lock thats for certain

Tis albums are far superior to ludacriss albums.Luda is one of the best guest rappers of all time,but when it comes to albums hes a huge dissapointment.

Honestly I think if ti can continue to drop great albums his name will be mentioned with the greats.Number one,hes got great vocals and an amazing flow.He can ride any beat flawlessly.Two,growth.Ti has gotten better each album.Which is extremely rare.Paper trail was his best lyrical album and hes now rapping about shit that actually matters.Look at someone like young jeezy,dude is rapping about the same stuff he was on on his first album.

Ive always been a fan of his dating back to his im serious days,to watch him grow has been a surprise.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 02:39:30 PM »

Jaydc

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 02:43:25 PM »
As great as I think Joe Budden is,his flow leaves a lot to be desired.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 02:45:22 PM »
t.i. aint shit next to ludacris i can tell you this here and now...!!!!!!!!!
best rapper alive, there are so many of them i cant name only one but im'a tell you this much, one that really shine right now is rae the chef he got 09' on lock thats for certain

Tis albums are far superior to ludacriss albums.Luda is one of the best guest rappers of all time,but when it comes to albums hes a huge dissapointment.

Honestly I think if ti can continue to drop great albums his name will be mentioned with the greats.Number one,hes got great vocals and an amazing flow.He can ride any beat flawlessly.Two,growth.Ti has gotten better each album.Which is extremely rare.Paper trail was his best lyrical album and hes now rapping about shit that actually matters.Look at someone like young jeezy,dude is rapping about the same stuff he was on on his first album.

Ive always been a fan of his dating back to his im serious days,to watch him grow has been a surprise.

co sign

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 02:55:12 PM »
50 CENT !!!

Jin

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 05:50:30 AM »
If you consider a rapper based on the albums he has put out, then Ice Cube definitely has to be the best rapper alive.

Straight Outta Compton = CLASSIC
AmeriKKKas Most Wanted = CLASSIC
Death Certificate = CLASSIC
The Predator = CLASSIC
Lethal Injection = CLASSIC
Bow Down = CLASSIC
War & Peace Vol. 1 & 2 = DOPE
Terrorist Threats = DOPE
Laugh Now, Cry Later = DOPE
Raw Footage = DOPE

Skillwise it has to be Crooked I, but he needs some albums to prove it.

outlaw_uk

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 08:08:47 AM »
Eminem has murdered Wayne on 2 tracks now LMAO.

why is that even a surpise? lil wayne outshining anyone would be a surprise!

He make some good tracks, and his voice offers something different on a remix but he is not a good lyricist.

the ghost

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2009, 09:48:44 AM »
NAS ya'll  ;)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 09:57:49 AM »
Em didnt murder Wayne on drop the world. Extra credit shouldnt be given just for rappin fast

Wayne was reciting poetry lol.

Wayne just shined on the hook, the verses were actually poor for Wayne; but his first was dope.

how do you count greatest alive though? i mean, does Nas & Rakim still count for things they dropped almost twenty years ago? or does it have to be recent? lol.

Don't need to go back 20 years for Nas, his last album shits on pretty much everything out there.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2009, 12:06:13 PM »

who's with me?

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Portugoal

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2009, 01:45:42 PM »
Can someone explain to me what's so special about new Lil Wayne/Eminem song? Cause I don't see it. Lil Wayne sucks (as usual) on that song and Eminem's parts are nothing more than mediocre. I don't think I played the song more than three times.

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2009, 05:36:53 PM »
I think this whole, "eminem murders you on your own track" is getting played out..  It was a good diss when Nas said it to Jay-Z.. But did he really murder Jay on Renegade?? I mean, I think Em had a slightly better verse, but it wasn't like night and day, like he was miles ahead and Jay put out a weak verse or something.. If you think so, go back and read the lyrics.. Anytime you have 2 big MC's on the same track its gonna be debated who had the better verse.. thats fine, but I don't agree with whoever has a better verse all of a sudden now murders the other one.. How come it can't be just a good song?  Nobody was talking about Jay got murdered on his own shit until Nas said it, what else was he supposed to say, he was in a beef w/ Jay during that time.

Back to this song, I don't think Eminem murdered Wayne at all.. Like someone said, does he just get points because he raps faster?  His lyrics are ok, nothing special.. his flow is getting better, but still nowhere near during his peak.  Now, I'm not much of a lil wayne fan at all.. but he fits the song much better than Em.  His slow flow at first when the beat is calm, but slowly gets more intense as the beat builds til he gets to the intense hook.  I do like when Em first comes in, with that sing songy flow it matches the beat good, but then he just flows too fast.. maybe i would like it better if he's just dropping lyrical jewels while he's flow that fast, but its mediocre lyrics.. So, honestly, in my opinion I would have rather him not been on this song.. 

I know I'd prob get some hate, but thats probably because its soo popular to hate lil Wayne right now.  And its also popular to say Eminem murdered you on your own shit..  I do think Eminem murdered everybody on that Forever song.  His verse was miles ahead of the other 3 verses. 

I used to hate lil wayne as much of the rest of you guys, but it wasn't his rapping cuz he was decent to me, but I guess I just hated how popular he was, when I thought there were 50 rappers better than him.  But I do respect the fact that he's always changing as an artist.  This rock inspired Rebirth album is surprisingly enjoyable to me. 

And to answer your question, in my opinion neither of these 2 is the greatest rapper alive. 

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.