Author Topic: South will continue to run shit because....  (Read 657 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: South will continue to run shit because....
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2009, 02:29:59 PM »
What's fucking dumb is how mainstream hip hop categorizes music by region like it means anything. Most Mainstream rap sucks cock regardless of where its from these days, yet yall fall into the hype.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2009, 02:37:04 PM »
What's fucking dumb is how mainstream hip hop categorizes music by region like it means anything. Most Mainstream rap sucks cock regardless of where its from these days, yet yall fall into the hype.

i agree.

basically this thread is saying Southern mainstream >>> everywhere elses mainstream.

Lunatic

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2009, 02:39:08 PM »
^No, it's more about me bringing y'all some dope new southern MC's but y'all probably ain't up on (minus J Cole) for y'all to check out.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2009, 02:53:20 PM »
good look on that Pill link, dope track...know where i can get a hold of more shit from him to check out?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Lunatic

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2009, 02:58:58 PM »
good look on that Pill link, dope track...know where i can get a hold of more shit from him to check out?
download his new tape "4075: The Refill"

http://rapidshare.com/files/318173060/P_-_4075TR.rar

if u really like him, get the first tape as well called "4081: The Prescription"
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8xhxaa

'The Refill' is better but 'The Prescription' is no push over at all.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blood$

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2009, 05:32:13 PM »
download his new tape "4075: The Refill"

http://rapidshare.com/files/318173060/P_-_4075TR.rar

if u really like him, get the first tape as well called "4081: The Prescription"
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8xhxaa

'The Refill' is better but 'The Prescription' is no push over at all.

yeah "Refill" is one of the best tapes of '09 IMO... check out the video for "Trap Goin' Ham" too, another banger  8)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2009, 05:41:15 PM »
dont know why, but I tought Cole is from northeast ;D and you consider Carolina as south?

Yeah the Carolinas are considered as southern, or am I wrong?

kemizt

Blood$

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2009, 05:43:05 PM »
dont know why, but I tought Cole is from northeast ;D and you consider Carolina as south?

Yeah the Carolinas are considered as southern, or am I wrong?

you are not wrong  8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 05:56:36 PM »
south aint runnin shit based off of lyrics action they might have the spotlight on em....but its cuz of hte commercial shit they make
if lyrics arent involved it aint shit stat quo aint doin shit, bobby aint doin shit
not that other coasts got lyricists either
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2009, 06:42:39 PM »
south aint runnin shit based off of lyrics action they might have the spotlight on em....but its cuz of hte commercial shit they make
if lyrics arent involved it aint shit stat quo aint doin shit, bobby aint doin shit
not that other coasts got lyricists either

yeah, the spotlight is on Wayne & Gucci & Luda (but only his bitch tracks) & T.I. (but only his mainstream singles) & Jeezy (but only his singles).

hopefully guys like Wale & J. Cole one day shine for their dope shit; but to succeed in this league, it's obvious what you have to do lol.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2009, 08:45:20 PM »
I hate most of your perspectives that mainstream rap is crap.  It's not.  It has it's place.  Most of it is good.  Why would I want to listen to any of the Slaughterhouse singles in the club?  I wouldn't.   There's nothing wrong with club music.  You're just a bunch of haters if you say there is something wrong with it.  I'm sorry buy Gucci Man makes better club hip-hop than Slaughterhouse does.  He can connect to more people than Slaughterhouse does through having fun.

Then most of you bring up this lame critique that it's pop music.  Get the fuck off your high horses.  You purists need to chock on something.   Hip-hop has moved on.  Get over it.  There's nothing wrong with having rap music that's pop influenced.

Stop limiting what is and isn't hip-hop like you're some grand teacher. 

It doesn't matter if anyone knows who Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, or Public Enemy is.  It's great if people like him but there's nothing wrong with people thinking Wayne is the best rapper alive.  Does it really hurt your feeling so much?

Most of you seem mad that the artists on the radio get shine.  Um, who cares who gets shine as long as you get the music?  Most of you probably are preachers but aren't even walking the walk by supporting the cats who aren't major.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2009, 08:47:52 PM »
i support everyone i say is dope
yeah i support rakim, krs one, big daddy kane, gza, rza etc...
now rakims latest album isnt dope all the way thru but its better than anythin wayne, gucci, baby etc...will ever make
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2009, 09:25:37 PM »
My only point is cats like Gucci aren't trying to be like Rakim.  Hell even Wayne isn't trying to be like Rakim.  Rakim is doing Rakim while Gucci does Gucci and Wayne does Wayne.  It ain't got shit to do with what's supposedly better or not.  It's just different.  There's a place for it all. 

The only real reason the South gets hate is cause the money is going to them and not to the east or the west.  End of story.
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2009, 09:29:14 PM »
but when wayne says hes the best rapper alive...how is that not disrespect to the real best rapper that is currently alive which isnt in no way and never will be wayne
why would a coast be mad if we arent gettin money instead of another coast?
its comedy not jealousy at hand here
its comedy that some rappers can claim a gang and call themselves the best when they arent nuthin at all special on the mic
and dont get it twisted cuz rakim hasnt done shit in over a decade but still thats possibly the best rapper alive not gucci pucci
Cube

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2009, 09:51:03 PM »
It's called braggadocio.  Everyone does it to different degrees.  It's all about bigging yourself up until people believe you.  Wayne clearly did it enough.  Budden does it but he says "world wide web" poking fun at himself yet being serious.  There's not many humble rappers and it really doesn't matter.  For the most part It's part of their job to claim they're the best.

To play contrarian who cares?   Rakim isn't even in the game any more.  If Rakim wanted to be better than Wayne let him fight for the spot.  If no one is going to fight for it then let lil Wayne claim to be the best.  Besides I'm sure there are some legitimate points one can argue over whether Rakim is the best rapper alive right now or not - vocal abilities, song concepts,et.c

Personally, I float between not giving a fuck and thinking like Nas said,

Never put me in top ten, bitch
It's disrespect to the life that birthed the verses
a nigga writes "Who comes first?"
It's the Ice Cubes, MC Shans - them type dudes
so B.E.T's list was wrong; don't get me wrong
I did chill in the throne alone for so long
- My Will (Honeymoon Is Over)

Who's the best? Pac, Nas and Big
Ain't no best - East, West, North, South
- Ether