Author Topic: Battlecat has lost his step!  (Read 1469 times)

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
Battlecat has lost his step!
« on: December 21, 2009, 07:57:45 AM »
I've been listenin' to Battlecats' recent work and it is nowhere how it was back during  Eastsidaz , REMIX for DAZ it might sound crazy, Snoop Jus dippin'  REMIX and countless others!!!! The secrets track on Malice was ok but it didn't floor me like the work of old!!!! The G & Sexy album????????????? The soundz Cat was layin' back then still K-NoCK to this day!!!!!!!!!!!! If you read this Cat........... You are by far one of the dopest producers to touch a drum machine!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still remember Quik sayin' that you gave him the drum track to the most famous G -Funk cut to his name...........TONIGHT!!!!!!!!! Cat just make that slap we all know and love!!!!!!!!!!!! Peace!!!!!!!!!! Don't cha'll agree???? 8)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 08:15:39 AM by Jome »

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Re: Battlecat has lost his step!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 08:19:15 AM »
Battlecat has never been one of my favourites, he's indeed a good producer but a good portion of his material I've heard has sounded the same to me.That Bishop Lamont and Suga Free track he produced a few months ago was hot tho!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Klue

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:14:55 AM »
a good portion of his material I've heard has sounded the same to me

yeah indeed and that the biggest problem he had with his recent productions. g & sexy is particulary boring to listen coz you have this impression to listen the same prod on all the album

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 11:38:51 AM »
I disagree about Secrets that's classic BC.

What are other tracks he's done this year?

G-Funk

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 03:58:32 PM »
Battlecat has made some real dope cuts, but I can't tell you how many times I've heard him use the same drum samples over and over again. Example: the same drum sample that Deep Cover uses.
and Tonite isn't g-funk, g-funk wasn't around then :-X

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 04:47:24 PM »
Just heard the production he did for Snoop, man he hasn't lost a step what are you talking about. It's a shame Snoop and Kokane had to be on the song though.

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 04:58:18 PM »
Just heard the production he did for Snoop, man he hasn't lost a step what are you talking about. It's a shame Snoop and Kokane had to be on the song though.
u must be the first Battlecat fan who dislikes Snoop & Kokane lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

salkku

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ''I flip flop and serve hoes with a fat dick''
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 05:14:45 PM »
amplified is the  new battlecat...

http://www.myspace.com/amplifiedmusic

that christmass tree beat is  :o
''Why does niggas want to act funny with the money'' - DAZ

''Now if it wasn't for the West,
these rap niggas wouldn't need a vest around they chest'' - Xzibit

''you must be one of our European posters...Egypt or Moscow'' - Chamillitary Click

Okka

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 05:20:13 PM »
Just heard the production he did for Snoop, man he hasn't lost a step what are you talking about.

"Secrets" is 5 years old, it's originally a Kokane solo track.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 05:22:09 PM »
okka real talk
where do you rank bc on a producers list of dopeness amongst others?

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Okka

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 05:33:09 PM »
okka real talk

I'd say he's in my "top 10 producers". It's true that he has a lot of beats that sound the same but he has made a lot of classic shit though. His sound has never been "worldwide" or how do you say it, he always had that West Coast sound in his beats though.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 05:37:48 PM »
aite glad you pointed that out...he isnt anythin special as in anythin thats str8 westcoast or str8 bangin where as fredwreck can make some str8 bangin westcoast shit that isnt borin
like you mentioned alot of cats production sounds the same but its the sound thats borin
like some of jelly roll or his brothers work might sound the same but its bangin
thats the problem with battle cat his work doesnt always sound dope....and if it does it sounds the same but top on the westcoast is bout right prolly on the higher end
name bc's best work and theres a good chance fred or others have done better
so noone can really put him as the best producer ever...which some have but id take battle cat>>>dj quik
unless it was dj quik at his absolute best game which he always isnt IMO

okka real talk

I'd say he's in my "top 10 producers". It's true that he has a lot of beats that sound the same but he has made a lot of classic shit though. His sound has never been "worldwide" or how do you say it, he always had that West Coast sound in his beats though.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 05:43:24 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

1984KILLUMINATIS1776

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 05:41:49 PM »
 8)I agree

Okka

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 06:17:02 PM »
Actually Fredwreck has some sounds too that he uses a lot in his beats, but Battlecat has beats that sound "identical" to some other beats he made. Both of them are in my "top 10 producers" list though, they both made a lot of classic beats. I like both of them more than DJ Quik, he's a great producer too but i don't like some of his beats that much.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 06:19:21 PM by Okka »

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 06:24:15 PM »
I love Fredwreck's music but I would choose to listen to this Battlecat production over anything he's done.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JA9St4I2TfY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JA9St4I2TfY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>