Author Topic: Battlecat has lost his step!  (Read 1470 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Battlecat has lost his step!
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 06:25:23 PM »
again its not that battle cat is wack but up against fred and quik and jelly roll
fred wins and yeah freds work does sound the same but its doper and has more bass
but quik got more of a dre influenced style
and battle cat got more of a above the law style IMO but his style is laid back and soft and sometimes can be borin
quik is overrated tho
 and that nah nah song is one of his best and different cuz it sounds different compared to his other work
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 06:32:43 PM »
They all have very different styles, so I mean to say Fredwreck is better because he has more bass is not really a characteristic to judge all of them by.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 06:36:22 PM »
nah im not sayin fredwreck is better cuz he has more bass..not at all
like i said battle cat is a dope producer but his work sounds alike and simple and doesnt change up
where as freds does but it also sounds the same and changes up
hes really the next producer thats next to dre that can cook up some dretox type material
but real talk khalil can make better muzik overall than battle cat and hes proven what he can do so far which is make bangers and his work sounds the same but again its complicated which is a good thing and battle cats work isnt complicated
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Okka

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 06:40:13 PM »
I love Fredwreck's music but I would choose to listen to this Battlecat production over anything he's done.

Damn, i never liked that "Nah Nah" beat/track at all.

again its not that battle cat is wack but up against fred and quik and jelly roll
fred wins and yeah freds work does sound the same but its doper and has more bass
and battle cat got more of a above the law style IMO but his style is laid back and soft and sometimes can be borin
quik is overrated tho

Hahah, i always felt that Fredwreck has that Dr. Dre's "2001" sound in most of his beats, but to each his own. Yeah, you right about Battlecat though, most of his beats are laid back and smooth. Have you heard Mr. Short Khop's "Flashbacks"? It's a Battlecat beat but not like his usual beats and it's tight as fuck.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 06:45:59 PM »
yeah its not that i didnt like nah nah...its mos def dope and gots to be one of his best ever but compared to what fred can do and has done....its not the best and cant and isnt better than freds sound
but yeah your right fred has that 2001 sound
but if quik really put in some work he could be much better than battle cat
quik is a talented producer but he doesnt put in work all the time otherwise talent wise and as far as whos better quik could surpass battle cats range of THE MAKIN OF A BANGA
okka check it out

name 3 of the best pieces of work by battle cat, quik and fred

fredwreck

dj quik

battle cat

I love Fredwreck's music but I would choose to listen to this Battlecat production over anything he's done.

Damn, i never liked that "Nah Nah" beat/track at all.

quik is overrated tho

Hahah, i always felt that Fredwreck has that Dr. Dre's "2001" sound in most of his beats, but to each his own. Yeah, you right about Battlecat though, most of his beats are laid back and smooth. Have you heard Mr. Short Khop's "Flashbacks"? It's a Battlecat beat but not like his usual beats and it's tight as fuck.
Cube

Okka

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 07:08:59 PM »
I'll list the 5 best beats from all of them. Not in order though

Battlecat
-213 - MLK
-Ice Cube - 24' Mo Hours
-Tha Eastsidaz - G'd Up
-Snoop Dogg - Just Dippin (Battlecat G-Mix)
-Snoop Dogg - Backup Hoe

Xzibit's "Get Your Walk On" is another beat from Battlecat that sounds real different compared to most of his stuff, i'd say that's one of my favorites from him too.

Fredwreck
-Tray Deee - IzUWitIt
-Kurupt - On, Onsite
-Knoc-Turn'Al - Let's All Roll (Remix)
-FT (feat. Tha Eastsidaz) - High Times
-Snoop Dogg, RBX & MC Ren - Legend Of Jimmy Bones

Obie Trice's "Follow My Life" is a beat from Fredwreck that's different compared to most of his stuff and i gotta say that's one of my favorite beats from him.

DJ Quik
-DJ Quik - Tonite
-DJ Quik - Safe + Sound
-DJ Quik - It's Like Everyday
-Kurupt - Can't Go Wrong
-Snoop Dogg - Don't Tell

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 07:14:13 PM »
im gonna do 5 for each

fredwreck
1. crip-a-fied - eastsidaz
2. who ride wit us - kurupt
3. callin out names - kurupt
4. gangsta rap - dogg pound
5. big ballin - tray dee

dj quik
1. quik's groove v
2. tonite
3. we still party
4. divorce song
5. hearts of men - 2pac

battle cat
1. we can freak it - kurupt
2. i luv it - eastsidaz
3. dollaz drank n dank - short khop
4. ballin - snoop dogg
5. nah nah - e40

actually i wanna replace the tray dee song on my fredwreck list with kurupt - everybody knows. thaat beat was insane
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:25:20 PM by Okka »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 08:29:57 PM »
aite jus from those traxx alone...fred has the best work IMO and thats bein fair to all producers

and some of those arent even freds best but compared to the ones mentioned they are better and more in-depth
you know im likin dae one alot and at times it seems like his work sounds better than battle cat and by that i mean dae one's got his own sound but its dope
its jus that battle cat doesnt have the dopeness in his muzik, same with dj quik
but difference with quik is dj quik at his very best, ABSOLUTE BEST HE Could prolly make better muzik that sounds doper and on some next generation type of shit
and thats why i like dae one....dae one makin some bangers for real and hes a new g in the game but what hes doin is on some other shit for bein new
same with khalil
mel-man at his very best>>>>>
and didnt mel-man help battle cat with get your walk on?
which is by far one of the best hits from this decade IMO
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 09:07:45 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
Cube

Okka

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 08:50:06 PM »

Mel-Man is a good producer, he hasn't produced so many solo beats but most of the beats he done by himself are GREAT. You can't really compare himself cause he doesn't have that many material out. He made a lot of classic shit with Dr. Dre though but not as a solo producer.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=109785.0

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2009, 08:55:26 PM »
well yeah  mel-man is in a way like battle cat that he has his on style and its laid back but what i meant was that mel-man at his very best could cook somethin up better than what battle cat could...he jus hasnt but what mel-man has done has been dope

jus from the 5 traxx you mentioned...what 5 from what producer you think are the best?

Mel-Man is a good producer, he hasn't produced so many solo beats but most of the beats he done by himself are GREAT. You can't really compare himself cause he doesn't have that many material out. He made a lot of classic shit with Dr. Dre though but not as a solo producer.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=109785.0
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 08:57:04 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
Cube

Okka

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2009, 09:07:20 PM »
jus from the 5 traxx you mentioned...what 5 from what producer you think are the best?

Battlecat's, i'm sayin' him cause out of all those tracks those 5 are the tracks i have listened to the most.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2009, 09:14:50 PM »
thats waz up i listen to pretty much all them especially battle cat and fredwrecks traxx of those 5 but from that list IMO fred has the best pieces of work
but again dj quik at his absolute best could be as dope as dre IMO
dj quik can cook up some shit that not jelly roll, blaqtoven, daz etc...would be able to cook up amd prolly not even fred n battle cat but again thats quik at his absolute best and he hasnt been at his best in a minute
but that jus dippin is one of the coldest beats to ever surface on this planet IMO

Battlecat's, i'm sayin' him cause out of all those tracks those 5 are the tracks i have listened to the most.
Cube

Okka

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2009, 09:39:57 PM »
but that jus dippin is one of the coldest beats to ever surface on this planet IMO

Yeah, the original version is a classic too but i always liked the Battlecat remix more.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2009, 09:42:54 PM »
the og is prolly better overall but both are dope

Yeah, the original version is a classic too but i always liked the Battlecat remix more.
Cube

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2009, 02:12:00 AM »
Battlecat is my favorite producer rite now (and has been for a while), i just enjoy the type of beats he makes, the feel of them. on my itunes i list producers so i can look at songs by producer, anyway i can put Battlecats songs on all day and play some games or smokin, whatever.

props on the links, i was diggin those Christmas instrumentals by BC he def added his touch! All the instrumentals on those 2 pages were dope!

anybody got any of those instrumentals mp3? i really want some of those!

a top 3 produced songs will be hard, this list could easily change

1 Lost Angels in the Sky- Lost Angels
1.5 We Can Freak It- Kurupt
2 Dollaz, Drank & Dank- Short Khop
2.5 God Save Me- Ruff Dog (love how the beat switches up in every verse)
3 On the Grind- Kokane
3.5 Put Your Hands Up- Doggys Angels