Author Topic: Christianity  (Read 2666 times)

ThaRealSupreme

Re: Christianity
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »
Shame on anybody who limits their mind from knowledge and it really has nothing to do with Christianity. There are just a lot of dumb asses in this world who needs help thinking.
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 07:06:15 PM »
That graph represents grafted knowledge; They have neglected Islamic advancements in the middle ages.  Muslims ruled Spain during the Middle Ages and it was the only region in Europe with lighted streets.  They used gravity to invent aqueducts to transport water to all the inhabitants of the city, they created Algebra....

Islamic inventions of the Middle Ages

* 1.1 Chemical processes
    * 1.2 Chemical substances
          o 1.2.1 Acids
          o 1.2.2 Elements
    * 1.3 Food and drink
    * 1.4 Glass industry
    * 1.5 Oil industry
    * 1.6 Pottery

# 2 Civil engineering

* 2.1 Architecture
    * 2.2 Industrial milling

# 3 Cosmetics

* 3.1 Hygiene
    * 3.2 Perfumery

# 4 Institutions

* 4.1 Medical institutions

# 5 Mechanical technology

* 5.1 Automata
    * 5.2 Pumps

# 6 Medical products

* 6.1 Drugs and medications
    * 6.2 Surgical instruments

# 7 Military

* 7.1 Defense
    * 7.2 Gunpowder technology
    * 7.3 Swordmaking

# 8 Navigational technology

* 8.1 Instruments
    * 8.2 Transport
    * 8.3 Aviation

# 9 Scientific instruments

* 9.1 Analogue computers
    * 9.2 Laboratory apparatus
    * 9.3 Mural instruments
    * 9.4 Optical instruments
    * 9.5 Other instruments

# 10 Timekeeping devices

* 10.1 Astronomical clocks
    * 10.2 Clocks with gears and escapements
    * 10.3 Dials
    * 10.4 Mechanical clocks
    * 10.5 Water clocks

# 11 Other inventions

* 11.1 Equipment
    * 11.2 Musical instruments

# 12 See also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inventions_in_medieval_Islam
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 08:00:15 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To be fair the chart is made as a joke that because of "Christianity" taking over Europe progress suffered.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 04:55:04 PM »
Christianity definitely done held niggas bacc for hundreds of years. They bullied the entire science community into muthafuccin submission. When Galileo came out and supported Copernicanism he was sentenced to prison and had to live out the rest of his days under house arrest. This was one man and it happened to many others for many centuries. If it hadn't been for that moron piece of shit Jesus we'd prolly be driving Michael Jordan Air cars by now. And Michael Jordan Air cars fly my nigga...they fly!!

ikke

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2009, 05:22:20 PM »
That graph represents grafted knowledge; They have neglected Islamic advancements in the middle ages.  Muslims ruled Spain during the Middle Ages and it was the only region in Europe with lighted streets.  They used gravity to invent aqueducts to transport water to all the inhabitants of the city, they created Algebra....

Romans created aquaducts you moron.
Greece invented algebra

But there were some major advancements in the eastern world around that time.

Muslims rules spain & most of europe?
You were murdered if you were not catholic in spain...

We're allowed to rewrite history to be more proud of ourselves now?
To be fair the chart is made as a joke that because of "Christianity" taking over Europe progress suffered.
lol @ "Christianity"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2009, 06:19:14 PM »
Christianity definitely done held niggas bacc for hundreds of years. They bullied the entire science community into muthafuccin submission. When Galileo came out and supported Copernicanism he was sentenced to prison and had to live out the rest of his days under house arrest. This was one man and it happened to many others for many centuries. If it hadn't been for that moron piece of shit Jesus we'd prolly be driving Michael Jordan Air cars by now. And Michael Jordan Air cars fly my nigga...they fly!!

So if Jesus never existed what part of Rome being taken over by their former slaves and oppressed from the North and Western Europe entering a dark ages ruled by barbarians wouldn't exist?

If it wasn't the Pope and Jesus it'd be Odin and Thor putting Galileo in prison.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2009, 07:07:53 PM »

So if Jesus never existed what part of Rome being taken over by their former slaves and oppressed from the North and Western Europe entering a dark ages ruled by barbarians wouldn't exist?

If it wasn't the Pope and Jesus it'd be Odin and Thor putting Galileo in prison.

Well the thing is you don't know. You don't know what could've happened. I say lots of things could've happened. But we do know that christianity has hurt the world and especially the world of science. You could never deny that and you can try as much as you want...but you're only gonna be laughed at my nigga.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2009, 11:43:22 PM »

Well the thing is you don't know. You don't know what could've happened. I say lots of things could've happened. But we do know that christianity has hurt the world and especially the world of science. You could never deny that and you can try as much as you want...but you're only gonna be laughed at my nigga.

First of all every aspect of reasoning that held back people like Galileo came from the Torah and has nothing to do with Jesus. You blamed Jesus. Show me where Christ stunts scientific advancement with anything he said and how it applied to the dark ages. I dare you to give me one example. Fuck Moses. Fuck Adam and Eve. Fuck Noah. Show me where Jesus applies.

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 03:14:40 PM »

India, Persia and Rome had them before the Muslim.

India also had Algebra, although the word is Arabic.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 11:05:49 AM »

First of all every aspect of reasoning that held back people like Galileo came from the Torah and has nothing to do with Jesus. You blamed Jesus. Show me where Christ stunts scientific advancement with anything he said and how it applied to the dark ages. I dare you to give me one example. Fuck Moses. Fuck Adam and Eve. Fuck Noah. Show me where Jesus applies.

Jesus (as the son of God) is fictional, so it isnt Jesus himself that stunts scientific growth.  But being a true believer of Christianity also means being a non believer in certain scientific truths (evolution for example).  That mentallity can only lead someone to believe that Christianity itself HAS stunted scientific growth. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 08:24:58 PM »

Jesus (as the son of God) is fictional, so it isnt Jesus himself that stunts scientific growth.  But being a true believer of Christianity also means being a non believer in certain scientific truths (evolution for example).  That mentallity can only lead someone to believe that Christianity itself HAS stunted scientific growth. 

Jesus as a teacher is not fictional. His life and teachings are documented. Embelished maybe in your mind but the teachings of Christ, aka Christianity, is what is at debate here. Your beef should be with Judaism, and Western Europe's adoption of that religion and paired with Chrsitianity. Jesus never mentioned what we should believe in or not believe in with regards to how the world works. He did everything but call Moses a liar. So a Christian could argue that true Christianty should put aside Judaism.

ikke

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 01:37:03 AM »
Jesus as a teacher is not fictional. His life and teachings are documented. Embelished maybe in your mind but the teachings of Christ, aka Christianity, is what is at debate here. Your beef should be with Judaism, and Western Europe's adoption of that religion and paired with Chrsitianity. Jesus never mentioned what we should believe in or not believe in with regards to how the world works. He did everything but call Moses a liar. So a Christian could argue that true Christianty should put aside Judaism.
documented by the bible, not a reliable source

there are external sources of his existance, but that's where it stops, his existance
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 01:42:52 AM by The Great Cornholio »

tempo2

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 03:32:47 AM »
lol at blaming a religion for the advancement of science. blame the people, there was stupid fucks back then and theres stupid fucks now, dosent matter what time period you came from. there may of been advancements of science in the middle ages but only advancements that were minimal but still huge in that era.

its like saying modern sceience has hindered the development of society now. nuclear bombs since there conception have threatened humanity and you could say hindered other science every since they were invented.

i hate all this religion v science bullshit, no side is wrong on whichever side you sit on and no side is right. they both have there own views and beliefs. science once told us the earth was flat and we all know how that turned out.

Fraxxx

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 04:20:30 AM »
science once told us the earth was flat and we all know how that turned out.

I, personally, also would have preferred to say that the earth is flat, otherwise...  Does anyone know the Monty Python scene: "Nobody expects the Spanish Inqusition!" Would've been like that, only without being funny and I would've expected them for saying the worlds a globe. ;D
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 07:43:32 AM »
documented by the bible, not a reliable source

there are external sources of his existance, but that's where it stops, his existance

By that logic 90% of all ancient figures should be taken into question. The Gospels are no less historical than the writings of Plato with regards to who Socrates was. Of course it doesn't even matter. Christ could not have said anything the Bible says but Christ the Teacher would still exist in the writings and his teachings would still have nothing to say about a flat earth or revolving around the sun.