Author Topic: Christianity  (Read 2691 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Christianity
« on: December 23, 2009, 11:52:24 PM »
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sparegeez

Re: Christianity
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 12:10:28 AM »
haha they forgot to put what the aztecs knew though

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 12:11:03 AM »
Blame the Roman Emperor Constatine.

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 12:13:28 AM »

yeah the Aztecs were major contributors
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

ikke

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 04:56:24 AM »
It's on the end of the graph probally since the western world only found out about them later.

no, he just allowed christians to participate there religion, it was theodosius who made it the only religion alllowed in the empire.

They Did forget China & THe Middle-East, they don't get credit for allot since europe basically reinvented allot of there inventions and took all the credit a few centuries later.

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 10:20:44 AM »
They Did forget China & THe Middle-East, they don't get credit for allot since europe basically reinvented allot of there inventions and took all the credit a few centuries later.

fuckin Euros!!  :baseballbat:

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 10:43:18 AM »
What a stupid poster. For one the "dark" ages did have quite a bit of practical advancements happen with regards to technology. What was left behind in science had nothing to do with the religion, but rather the conquering feudal kings who felt they should do away with everything their once Roman masters held high. It wouldn't have mattered if Christianity existed or not. The Byzantine Empire still held strong in science ad math through out most of the Western dark ages and it was very Christian. The great Church Ayia Sofia is an architectural marvel and it was built in those terrible Christian years of no progress.

ikke

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 11:19:43 AM »
What a stupid poster. For one the "dark" ages did have quite a bit of practical advancements happen with regards to technology. What was left behind in science had nothing to do with the religion, but rather the conquering feudal kings who felt they should do away with everything their once Roman masters held high. It wouldn't have mattered if Christianity existed or not. The Byzantine Empire still held strong in science ad math through out most of the Western dark ages and it was very Christian. The great Church Ayia Sofia is an architectural marvel and it was built in those terrible Christian years of no progress.
All of these practical advancements happened in the last 500 years of the middle ages when the medieval system started to change, above that most of these advancements were reinventions of inventions from the Roman era.

Denieing that Christianity didn't set us back is an ignorant claim, every aspect of medieval life involved god and looking at the ruins from the different era's you can immediately see how much more advanced the Romans were.
All those kings you claim are the cause answered to the Church.

The aya Sophia was originally built before the dark ages started and even before Christianity was the imperial religion
Even the renovated church was build before the darkages started, Christianity was the imperial religion but only by a few decades and you just don't slip into the darkages overnight, why they just set the date at 500.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 12:19:21 PM »
All of these practical advancements happened in the last 500 years of the middle ages when the medieval system started to change, above that most of these advancements were reinventions of inventions from the Roman era.

Denieing that Christianity didn't set us back is an ignorant claim, every aspect of medieval life involved god and looking at the ruins from the different era's you can immediately see how much more advanced the Romans were.
All those kings you claim are the cause answered to the Church.

The aya Sophia was originally built before the dark ages started and even before Christianity was the imperial religion
Even the renovated church was build before the darkages started, Christianity was the imperial religion but only by a few decades and you just don't slip into the darkages overnight, why they just set the date at 500.

My point is that the Byzantine Empire has nothing to do with the Western Europe Dark Ages. But in the Western Dark Ages before the rennaisance we did see the invention of and advancement of many things including shipping changes, wells, eye glasses, etc. That's not the point I was making though. That was just a side note. The main point is that Christianity had no such "dark" effect on Eastern Europe, and Ethiopia being another example. Pick your battles with Christianity, and accept that whatever went backwards after the fall of Rome had to do with who took over rather than what God was being believed in.

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 12:25:02 PM »

when you say "stupid poster" Im assuming youre referring to the picture...and not me...

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 12:57:41 PM »
It's on the end of the graph probally since the western world only found out about them later.

no, he just allowed christians to participate there religion, it was theodosius who made it the only religion alllowed in the empire.

why would it be at the end of the graph because it was found out later? your kidding right?  if they found a lost kingdom would they label it as 2000's too since it was "found".

but christanity was one of the contributors of the scicentific advancement and education decline. i mean most people believed it was the end of the world and felt no need to get educated.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

ikke

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 01:08:11 PM »

why would it be at the end of the graph because it was found out later? your kidding right?  if they found a lost kingdom would they label it as 2000's too since it was "found".
If the technology was  it would increase our scientific advancement in this day and age not whenever it was made.

The people that invented are a different kingdom as you say, this graph shows the scientific advancement of us, not them.

I know it sounds weird, but how is it affecting our scientific advancement if we don't know about it.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 01:10:28 PM »

why would it be at the end of the graph because it was found out later? your kidding right?  if they found a lost kingdom would they label it as 2000's too since it was "found".
If the technology was  it would increase our scientific advancement in this day and age not whenever it was made.

The people that invented are a different kingdom as you say, this graph shows the scientific advancement of us, not them.

I know it sounds weird, but how is it affecting our scientific advancement if we don't know about it.

lol their technology didnt give us an advancement, but showed that ancient civilizations were more advanced than we thought they were.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 02:19:43 PM »

when you say "stupid poster" Im assuming youre referring to the picture...and not me...

Yes I was. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't even realize the double meaning. I did indeed mean the picture that I thought would be used as a wall poster, and not the poster, as in one who posted the message.

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 11:18:52 AM »

Yes I was. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't even realize the double meaning. I did indeed mean the picture that I thought would be used as a wall poster, and not the poster, as in one who posted the message.

lol I gotcha.