Author Topic: Death Row/WIDEAwake : Kurupt - Down and Dirty (Artwork + Tracklist)  (Read 4457 times)

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

Re: Death Row/WIDEAwake : Kurupt - Down and Dirty (Artwork + Tracklist)
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
wont even download it  8)

lol

the way i see it, wideawake could do the following:

1) dont release this
2) change the tracklisting to traks that havent leaked at all
3) provide another disc with unreleased songs

the 2nd & 3rd option is the most likely to happen in my opinion

JohnnyL

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2009, 03:35:16 PM »
wont even download it  8)

lol

the way i see it, wideawake could do the following:

1) dont release this
2) change the tracklisting to traks that havent leaked at all
3) provide another disc with unreleased songs

the 2nd & 3rd option is the most likely to happen in my opinion

If I were them, I would go with option number 2.  I don't know why they feel this album has to tie in to "Against the Grain" at all.  The "Against the Grain" album is just a few years old, and from what I understand, they have older unreleased Kurupt material that's probably far superior to the "Against the Grain" stuff, anyways.

scratch42069

• 'G'
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2009, 04:00:07 PM »
I can handle an Against The Grain re-release, just as long as they call it Against The Grain and stick to what was released/use the OG tracklist and have the bonus tracks on a separate disc.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2009, 04:17:26 PM »
The link below is better than this release...

THUG LIFE SUCKS! THUG LIFE HUGS! THUG LIFE SUXXX!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/70335810f91b3846/

woof

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2009, 04:21:09 PM »
The link below is better than this release...

THUG LIFE SUCKS! THUG LIFE HUGS! THUG LIFE SUXXX!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/70335810f91b3846/

Lol hahaha +1 ;D

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2009, 04:43:02 PM »
they are making Suge look better everyday
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

V2DHeart

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2009, 05:31:28 PM »
Personally from a business stand point, it's a smart move. re-release an album from an artist still active, for the purpose of support and promotion, and add a few bonuses to make it different from the previous release.

However, having said that, if they were to do a re-release, I would have personally preferred a re-release of Nate Dogg's G-Funk classics - or similar track listing, with a bonus DVD disc of Nate Dogg videos (One More Day, These Days, Never Leave Me Alone, Regulate) some bonus studio footage - Eg: Nate singing O.G. verse in the studios and so on, and a few unreleased tracks to sweeten the deal. Not many people have the original pressing, and not many people have the out-of-print double disc of G-Funk classics double album either. <<< This, I could have supported fully
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

bigpimpin20

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2009, 05:41:36 PM »
would like to hear that album again but it have to be mastered well ;)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2009, 07:08:08 PM »
Personally from a business stand point, it's a smart move. re-release an album from an artist still active, for the purpose of support and promotion, and add a few bonuses to make it different from the previous release.

It's not a re-release though. It's some weird retitled version that takes out 5 tracks to add 3 more. If they put it out as an official re-release with the original tracklisting and some bonus material, it would be one thing but this just seems pointless to me. What exactly is the market for a project like this?

EFFeX

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2009, 08:26:55 PM »

It's not a re-release though. It's some weird retitled version that takes out 5 tracks to add 3 more. If they put it out as an official re-release with the original tracklisting and some bonus material, it would be one thing but this just seems pointless to me. What exactly is the market for a project like this?

What they SHOULD have done is labeled it as a re-release and took out "Calico" and "U Fuckin' With The Best" as these were clearly last minute additions and add the tracks that were pulled off the project. Making it the official Against The Grain.

I mean, Death Row and Kurupt fans are not idiots, we know what this project is and what it isn't.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2009, 08:35:29 PM »
haha i knew this wideawake shit was alot of rubbish

It's funny because they were 3 for 3 with me when Lavi was in charge.  To me, this is officially their first bullshit release.
agreed!

no Crooked I collabs?  wtf
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

EFFeX

« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2009, 08:49:18 PM »
Please, Wide Awake, just bite the bullet and set up an online MP3 store.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2009, 09:04:44 PM »
Please, Wide Awake, just bite the bullet and set up an online MP3 store.

seriously, if they released "Say hi...." or "untouchable" the shit would sell more than this for sure

lots of Crooked I fans would come outta the woodworks to buy it
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2009, 10:55:23 PM »
even i gotta agree that this is a bad release, they really need to re-think this one, play around with the tracklist. pull out a few more unreleased tracks & switch it up a bit...i will still cop it for collection purposes but i believe this will be changed before they release this  :)   

i hope it will get changed,. why re-release ATG with a couple added tracks. id rather have an EP wit just the added tracks. FUCKIN BULLSHIT

Mietek23

« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2009, 05:01:26 AM »

However, having said that, if they were to do a re-release, I would have personally preferred a re-release of Nate Dogg's G-Funk classics - or similar track listing, with a bonus DVD disc of Nate Dogg videos (One More Day, These Days, Never Leave Me Alone, Regulate) some bonus studio footage - Eg: Nate singing O.G. verse in the studios and so on, and a few unreleased tracks to sweeten the deal. Not many people have the original pressing, and not many people have the out-of-print double disc of G-Funk classics double album either. <<< This, I could have supported fully

I don't think they have a permission to release unreleased Nate Dogg material - didn't Nate won a lawsuit against Death Row similar to the Daz one?