Author Topic: So Do Any Of Yall Actually Know At Least 10....  (Read 470 times)

S.G.V.

So Do Any Of Yall Actually Know At Least 10....
« on: November 23, 2002, 02:03:03 AM »
Midwest artists that arent Bone, Twista, Eminem, D-12 or Royce Da 5'9"?....cuz it seems like yall dont expand past these characters

=[Euthanasia]=

Re:So Do Any Of Yall Actually Know At Least 10....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 03:14:42 AM »
You know of Binary Star S.G.V? If you don't check some of their stuff out. I like stuff along the lines of them so if you know of anyone i'd like to check them out.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 10:07:06 AM »
lol, I know Bone Daddy from Indiana. Thats about it. And now I'd like to give Bone Daddy the award for most unoriginal name. Ever.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2002, 10:52:12 AM »
ummmm, Tech N9ne, Psycho Drama, Dayton Family, Dove Dawg, Triple Darkness, D-Fly, SSP, Trajik, Esham, Hydro Therapy, Grind Family, OUTSIDE, etc..........

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

S.G.V.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2002, 03:00:15 PM »
at least rodzilla tried...lol @ bba being from the midwest n only knowin bone daddy...lol...oh and euthenasia...ive heard of them...but never heard them...sometimes that star n the moon hip hop shit is fuckin wack to me

Suga Foot

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2002, 05:14:16 PM »
uh....Crucial Conflict, um........ICP......Nelly.....shit i dunno, lol

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2002, 10:25:08 PM »
where are the boundaries for the "midwest"? I'll leave Common and No I.D. off my list since they're obvious...

i'd probably list... Binary Star, Athletic Mic League, Dayton Family (seems like they been around forever), Dug Infinite, Mood, Illogic, Rubberoom, Atoms Family, Blueprint, Juice, Slum Village, Decompoze....

seriously i'd tell ya'll to check out anyone from that list you haven't heard/heard of.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

Myrealname

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2002, 11:52:59 PM »

H2O proof MC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm the muthafuckin man like homo erectus
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2002, 12:24:37 AM »
well here in Kansas City, we have lots of artists.  But they are ALL crap and not even worth talking about, except Tech N9ne.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2002, 08:42:47 AM »
ATOMSPHERE

LOL... they pretty big at my college for backpackers
« Last Edit: November 24, 2002, 08:43:01 AM by The Lost Angel »

S.G.V.

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2002, 04:06:24 PM »
well here in Kansas City, we have lots of artists.  But they are ALL crap and not even worth talking about, except Tech N9ne.
i like alot of the kc rappers...RDVs are hard, Midwest Mafia is too, Kev is real tight...Vell Bakardy is tight...im not a huge Rich Tha Factor fan tho...oh and UrRealGay lemme clue u in...this is a spin off of that thread...obviously nobody was able to post up any artists there so i had to ask if they even knew enough of em...why u checkin everything i do?...r u that obsessed with me?...u fuckin andrew cunan ass muthafucka get the fuck up outta here with ur bullshit

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2002, 09:40:02 PM »

u fuckin andrew cunan ass muthafucka get the fuck up outta here with ur bullshit

lmao...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Myrealname

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2002, 12:58:30 AM »
*RUBBEROOM* (Chicago) A five-man crew out of Chicago,together around six or seven years ago as a group.Lumba and Meta-Mo are the mcs,DJ Stizo on the turntables and Fanum and Isle of Weight behind the boards.
" Blending minimalist, dark samples with deep, thuggish beats that spell out doom, Lumba and Meta-Mo both drop lyrics that, while warn of the coming apocalypse, accentuate the positive through the darkness."
Rubberoom gets signed to 3-2-1 records and completes their Architechnology LP in 1999.

*GRIMCITY CAMP* (Detroit) The GRIMCITY camp is one of the hottest Detroit groups coming straight off the 313 streets,they sound east coast but they represent detroit to the fullest.The group is composed by Rokcil, Kaztro,Shellz, D.j. Rocwel

*DIRTY* (Montgomery)  Dirty is a 2 man group composed by Big Pimp and Mr. G' Stacka, their debut album  is "Countryversatile",pretty dope if u ask me.....but their best work is the second one named "The Pimp & Da Gangsta". Their 3rd album "Keep it Pimp & Gangsta" sounds like pure heat (i've heard few snippets,PRETTY DOPE!!!!).

*HEADBUSSAZ* (Memphis-New orleans) 3-6 Mafia and Fiend together are the Headbussaz!
They're the hottest group in the south right about now,the debut album is already out.......B-L-A-Z-I-N-!!!!
I hope they will be together as a group for other albums too!!!

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2002, 03:24:14 AM »
I've got to the point where I don't really care where an artist is from, i'll listen to them regardless if they've got some dope material. Half of the time the new stuff I find on the net is from ppl that I have no idea where their from (unless they actually say in their songs).

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Bishop

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Get Addicted!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2002, 03:59:24 PM »
i like to listen to the old classic Psycho Drama like "Been Done Some Shit" and old DA Smart like "Walk With Me" and old EC Illa

all that Chi-Town/ Ill-State shit

we should have like a couple official threads to talk about new shit from each city... like a Chicago thread, a Memphis thread... etc maybe like 5 or so of the hottest midwest areas