2 (5.6%)
Tribe - Check The Rhime
0 (0%)
Naughty - Hip Hop Horay
16 (44.4%)
Nas - One Mic
8 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: best hip hop anthem of all times  (Read 1005 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: best hip hop anthem of all times
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 03:07:33 PM »
#1 is The Sugar Hill Gang's - Rapper's Delight

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 04:43:49 PM »
"Hip Hop Hooray"

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2009, 05:55:05 AM »
u niggas is stupid,and i really dont see how yall can even critisize8 hiphop hooray) by naughty!!that song gets the same reaction from a party (WORLD WIDE)..u can all ways get any kind of party started with this song...if u liked it or not..cant front on this.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2009, 05:57:31 AM »
none of the above.
u didn't like hiphop hooray?come on chief.its impossible  to not to. :-\

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 05:58:42 AM »
none of the above.

co-sign, but if I had to choose one it would be "One Mic", that has been my shit since 2001
lack of knowledge can only take u soooo far. ???

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 06:07:31 AM »
none of the above ?   only lames that dont know real rap would say that ..

ehh, give me something off Illmatic. 8)
homie i really think your missing the point of what a(ANTHEM)is....let me school u rookie..Illmatic had classic joints,but not ANThem ya dig...not hateing on u,but ya got game twisted son.

westside159

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2009, 06:10:57 PM »
none of the above.

That comment gets a WTF ..    You dont like hip hop if you cant choose one from these songs .. 
And im westcoast , that dont mean thats all i listen to dummy ..

WAKE YO PUNK AZZ UP      TROY >>>>>>SHITS ON 90 percent of the songs you think are dope ...

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2009, 08:58:55 PM »
u niggas is stupid,and i really dont see how yall can even critisize8 hiphop hooray) by naughty!!that song gets the same reaction from a party (WORLD WIDE)..u can all ways get any kind of party started with this song...if u liked it or not..cant front on this.

! Party anthem for sure.

hip hop hooray was my shit back in school

midwestryder

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2010, 04:54:27 PM »
Niggaz Wit Attitude - Fuck Tha Police.

Why??? Because it has Expression of self, Emotion, Dope lyrics, and deep content all within one. Seriously, get off the East dick, and the mainstream medias "hip-hop is" crap. I mean damn, only 5??? So you're telling me that out of all the greats who've impacted on rap, Those are the only 1s who represent a Hip-Hop anthem.pffft fuck that. A Variety of tracks can represent what Hip-Hop is within personification.

But Since U put up such a list. I'd have to choose none of those. :/

isnt this the Outbound section of the board?  :P

anyway, outta these TROY and Mass Appeal, but its too hard to pinpoint a specific song or list of songs even that best represents hip hop, its all relative...

Yes, its Outbounds, but when you're bring up the the subject "Hip-Hop Anthems" and limiting it to strictly East Coast songs, you're slanting your view and the topics choices. I mean fags want to paint East Coast as some Holy Grail of Hip Hop. So all I'm saying is get off the east dick. I'm not trying to make what the East Coast did for rap seem less, cause the Impact they had shows, but jesus stop blowing it up to make it seem like God himself shat them out.

A Variety of tracks represent the best of hip-hop and they aren't all from the damn east. I mean a bitch is a bitch and the guy who made this topic is a bitch with just these choices.

but yeah, To choose 1 is sorta insane. A Variety of songs have represented the best of different forms of hip-hop. From storytelling, Emotion, rhymes, content, flow. Not 1 song can really combine them all with perfection to each area. but yeah....
East Coast is the holy Grail of Hip Hop. hip hop started in the east coast & that makes the east coast the holy Grail of Hip Hop . because without the east coast there would be no hip hop. most of greatest hip hop anthems of al ltime came from east coast .                                       
Peter Rock & CL - T.r.o.y. the guys is not a bitch for giving some of best hip hop to choose from in the 90's
 Gangstarr - Mass Appeal
 Tribe - Check The Rhime
 Naughty - Hip Hop Horay
 are all great hip hop anthems that any music from this ear can't touch at all. these 4 songs were gaint hits & anthems in the 80's & beat anything today at all. the list is real hip hop & none of that wack crap from the era of 2000.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2010, 08:58:59 PM »
Fuck this east vs. west talk... it's been 14 years... move on.

I picked Naughty because at Hip-Hop's core, it's party music. The same way California Love is the westcoast anthem, Hip-Hop Hooray is the anthem of that list. Of all time, I'd say Eric B. and Rakim - Paid In Full.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2010, 09:05:03 PM »
after 10,000,000 spins

california love is still the best anthem

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
after 10,000,000 spins

california love is still the best anthem

lets see... greatest rapper of all time.. check... greatest producer of all time... check... old school legend that every else sampled on the track... check... people scream 14 years later when they hear the song... check... you might be right. We might actually agree on something. wow. someone take note.

westside159

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2010, 08:11:25 PM »
A Tribe Called Quest   -   " We Be To Rap What key Be To Lock"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2010, 04:29:49 PM »
Hip Hop Hooray easy. Easy.

fabtoxicp

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 09:37:24 PM »
none of the above ?   only lames that dont know real rap would say that ..