Author Topic: RBX  (Read 236 times)

_E_A_Z_Y_

RBX
« on: November 23, 2002, 05:32:17 AM »
What y'all think about RBX?? Witch songs of him do you like/hate the most? What's his best Album???

Head Honcho

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re:RBX
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 06:02:57 AM »
IMO X is tight. He's a good lyricist, got a great flow and a tight voice. Are we talking about songs from his album or his guest-apperances?
I don't think I can choose X's best album. Both The RBX-Files and No Mercy, No Remorse: The X-Factor have tight songs and repetitive shit.

Some great songs by RBX from his albums:
Heatmizer
AWOL
Ambush & Torture feat. Stack a Dollar
Akebulan
Fightin the Devil
Rough is the Texture
The Narrator
Long Beach (extra track on the Japan release of No Mercy, No Remorse)

Head Honcho

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 06:04:01 AM »
BTW whats up with RBX right now? Is he still on Elementary Records or has he made the move to Doggystyle Records??
« Last Edit: November 23, 2002, 06:05:08 AM by Don Andolini »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2002, 08:54:40 AM »
He's on Doggystyle Records. Peep the Snoop interview @ dubcnn.com and hear it from da boss yourself...

X is tight. I can't coment on his albums, 'cause I ain't heard 'em, but everything else I've heard is cool. He's got a real unique sound too. Also it's cool how he makes words like 'slaughter', 'murder' and raw shit like that sound different, it makes them stand out. (Like 'slaughter' on Not Like It Was from the Allstars compilation.)

Bigg Z-Virus

• Lil Geezy
  • This is Z the leader,Z the boss do U C the boss?
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2002, 10:06:53 AM »
I really like RBX.I think he's a great vocalist and that he's very underrated. I'd really love to know what could have happened to him if he stayed on Death Row longer,maybe Dre planned to have his as the 3th DR-album,after The Chronic and Doggystyle.He could have been a great star if he had a big Death Row album under his (wide  ;)) belt.A lack of great guest stars on his albums may also have hurt his career. He can really liven up a track IMO. Great to see he hooks up with Snoop,Dre,Eminem,Xzibit and others on his new album.(this makes me wonder: who are these others?) Does anyone have an idea on wich label it'll drop,since Snoop said the next Doggystyle releases are supposed to be Mr. Kane,Toi,E-White and Soopafly....Maybe he finished his album while on Elementary?Or could this be a secret Doggystyle release to avoid bootlegging??? I really don't know but would like to.  ;D ;D
My word spreads like weed or crack because my word is DOPE!

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2002, 10:21:13 AM »
yeaa.. a RBX death row album would be tight.. his solo albums isnt as tight as his guesst spots  :-\

check out "Blunt time" from the aftermath comp.. thats his dopest solo joint IMO   :)
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

S.G.V.

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2002, 02:52:12 PM »
RBX got one of the hardest voices ever...he got tight lyrics too...plus hes a good writer....i love THE RBX FILES...AWOL is probably his hardest song ever....

Funkadelic

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2002, 03:29:37 PM »
He's has a couple of tight tracks. For me he is one of the west-coast pioneers.

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2002, 05:04:58 PM »
"The RBX Files" is a classic west coast album IMO.  The whole album is produced by Greg "Gregski" Royal, who also did work on the Chronic.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2002, 05:06:01 PM by Suga Foot »

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2002, 05:43:34 PM »
yeah RBX is tite i got both of his albums and most of his songs i havnt really listened 2 his first cd but his second is tite as fuck i can listen 2 that all day hes been around 4 10 years now and still no 1 knows about him hopefully doggystyle dont fuck him over and he gets reconized finally

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2002, 10:21:52 PM »
RBX is tite as fuck.. but he cant be heard on certain beats, like he needs some dark ass grimy beats like REMEMBER ME and HEATMIZER...
"I smash mics like cornbread, you can't kill me I was born dead"- Big L (RIP)

Bigg Z-Virus

• Lil Geezy
  • This is Z the leader,Z the boss do U C the boss?
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2002, 04:29:56 AM »
I really loved RBX on remember me,too bad his verse was too short.I do think he started the track off very well.
My word spreads like weed or crack because my word is DOPE!